If This Is True...The Photos

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Abu Ghraib Rape Photos

By IslamOnline.net & Newspapers

"The mere description of these pictures is horrendous enough, take my word for it," Taguba said. (Google)

CAIRO — The Abu Ghraib pictures censored by President Barack Obama clearly depicted horrific acts of rape and sexual abuse of Iraqi men and women in the infamous detention center.
"These pictures show torture, abuse, rape and every indecency," Major General Antonio Taguba, who conducted the investigation into Abu Ghraib abuse scandal, told the Daily Telegraph on Thursday, May 28.

The former army official saw the photos of Iraqi prisoner abuse that Obama has censored because they were among photographs included in his 2004 probe into the prisoner abuse scandal.

"The mere description of these pictures is horrendous enough, take my word for it," said Taguba, who documented the rape and sexual abuse in his damning report.

One picture shows an American soldier raping an Iraqi woman prisoner while another shows a female prisoner having her clothing forcibly removed.

Another picture shows a male translator raping an Iraqi male detainee.

Other photos depict sexual assaults with objects including a truncheon, wire and a phosphorescent tube.

Taguba said the photographs, amounting to 2000 images, relate to 400 cases of abuse carried out at Abu Ghraib and six other prisons between 2001 and 2005.

The Abu Ghraib scandal first broke out in 2004 after American newspapers published shocking photos taken on mobile and digital cameras by US soldiers of Iraqi detainees.

The photos showed soldiers at the US-run prison grinning alongside detainees held in humiliating positions or cowering in front of snarling military dogs.

Others depicted prisoners piled up naked in a pyramid on the floor, forced to stand naked in front of female guards, and chained to beds in stress positions with women's underwear put over their heads.

“Imperiling”

Though he outspokenly condemns the Abu Ghraib abuses, Taguba agrees with Obama that the photos, horrific as they are, should never be released to the public.

"I am not sure what purpose their release would serve other than a legal one," the army general told the Daily Telegraph.

"The consequence would be to imperil our troops, the only protectors of our foreign policy, when we most need them."

When first revealed in 2004, the widely-publicized Abu Ghraib abuse pictures triggered international condemnation and damaged America's reputation.

The controversy resurfaced earlier this month after Obama initially pledged not to appeal a decision by the Supreme Court to disclose all of them.

But he later reneged on that promise on the ground that their release could put the safety of US troops at risk.

The reversal drew rebuke from human rights groups for making a mockery of his previous vows of transparency and accountability

:eek:

The question I have is why did they take the photos in the first place?

If I was going to resort to such animal behavior, I would certainly not memorialize the events in photos for a scrap book.

Abu Ghraib Rape Photos

"The mere description of these pictures is horrendous enough, take my word for it," Taguba said. (Google)

CAIRO — The Abu Ghraib pictures censored by President Barack Obama clearly depicted horrific acts of rape and sexual abuse of Iraqi men and women in the infamous detention center.
"These pictures show torture, abuse, rape and every indecency," Major General Antonio Taguba, who conducted the investigation into Abu Ghraib abuse scandal, told the Daily Telegraph on Thursday, May 28.

The former army official saw the photos of Iraqi prisoner abuse that Obama has censored because they were among photographs included in his 2004 probe into the prisoner abuse scandal.

"The mere description of these pictures is horrendous enough, take my word for it," said Taguba, who documented the rape and sexual abuse in his damning report.

One picture shows an American soldier raping an Iraqi woman prisoner while another shows a female prisoner having her clothing forcibly removed.

Other photos depict sexual assaults with objects including a truncheon, wire and a phosphorescent tube.

Taguba said the photographs, amounting to 2000 images, relate to 400 cases of abuse carried out at Abu Ghraib and six other prisons between 2001 and 2005.

The Abu Ghraib scandal first broke out in 2004 after American newspapers published shocking photos taken on mobile and digital cameras by US soldiers of Iraqi detainees.

The photos showed soldiers at the US-run prison grinning alongside detainees held in humiliating positions or cowering in front of snarling military dogs.

Others depicted prisoners piled up naked in a pyramid on the floor, forced to stand naked in front of female guards, and chained to beds in stress positions with women's underwear put over their heads.

“Imperiling”

Though he outspokenly condemns the Abu Ghraib abuses, Taguba agrees with Obama that the photos, horrific as they are, should never be released to the public.

"I am not sure what purpose their release would serve other than a legal one," the army general told the Daily Telegraph.

"The consequence would be to imperil our troops, the only protectors of our foreign policy, when we most need them."

When first revealed in 2004, the widely-publicized Abu Ghraib abuse pictures triggered international condemnation and damaged America's reputation.

The controversy resurfaced earlier this month after Obama initially pledged not to appeal a decision by the Supreme Court to disclose all of them.

But he later reneged on that promise on the ground that their release could put the safety of US troops at risk.

The reversal drew rebuke from human rights groups for making a mockery of his previous vows of transparency and accountability

Bullshit!

If I was going to resort to such animal behavior, I would certainly not memorialize the events in photos for a scrap book.
Bragging rights. Never underestimate the stupidity or cruelty humans are capable of.

Abu Ghraib Rape Photos

“Imperiling”

Bullshit!

Judge Orders Release of Abu Ghraib Child Rape Photos
Submitted by davidswanson on Mon, 2006-10-23 20:54. Evidence
By Greg Mitchell, EditorandPublisher.com - Information Authority for the Newspaper Industry

NEW YORK A federal judge ruled today that graphic pictures of detainee abuse at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison must be released over government claims that they could damage America's image. Last year a Republican senator conceded that they contained scenes of "rape and murder" and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said they included acts that were "blatantly sadistic."

Judge Orders Release of Abu Ghraib Child Rape Photos | AfterDowningStreet.org

Abu Ghraib Rape Photos

“Imperiling”

Bullshit!

Judge Orders Release of Abu Ghraib Child Rape Photos
Submitted by davidswanson on Mon, 2006-10-23 20:54. Evidence
By Greg Mitchell, EditorandPublisher.com - Information Authority for the Newspaper Industry

NEW YORK A federal judge ruled today that graphic pictures of detainee abuse at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison must be released over government claims that they could damage America's image. Last year a Republican senator conceded that they contained scenes of "rape and murder" and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said they included acts that were "blatantly sadistic."

Judge Orders Release of Abu Ghraib Child Rape Photos | AfterDowningStreet.org

You can provide all the links you want. It's still bullshit.

Is this some form of Huggy military rape fantasy???

Huggy......

2317842124_57a236b73b.jpg

At long last Huggy surrenders to his long hidden desire, and his love of the United Nations.

But for now, he must...............DANCE!!!!!!!

If there are really any such photographs, I would wager that Photoshop has a lot to do with the images. Any rational, civilized western citizen who believes that these middle east savages will not stoop to virtually anything to fire up the morons they strap explosives to, is living in a cognitive haze, or worse.

If there are really any such photographs, I would wager that Photoshop has a lot to do with the images. Any rational, civilized western citizen who believes that these middle east savages will not stoop to virtually anything to fire up the morons they strap explosives to, is living in a cognitive haze, or worse.

Bobo, Huggy, et al.?

The reactions of some posters to this, frankly, disgusts me, though not as badly as what happened at Abu Ghraib disgusts me.

Of course, it was really just a fraternity hazing ritual.

Bobo, Huggy, et al.?

The whole entire Blame America First Crowd,, The No NO NO Goddamn America crowd.. yep,, guilty as charged.. no courts needed.. believe the terrorist first then all of Europe but whatever you do don't give an America the benefit of trial before you condemn him..

Why did they take photos? Because most of the guards there were Reservist pricks with Rambo fantasies.

The real military (i.e. active duty) was all on the front lines getting the job done while the reservists were in the rear acting like jackasses.

Among every large group of people, you will find subhumans. More among certain groups than others. And yes, we most likely had a few among our ranks. They should be dealt with appropriately. That does not make them a representation of our military. It just points to the fact that our military has some bad apples. Just the same, our society has some bad apples. It's too bad there isn't a test to determine which ones are which ahead of time, but that isn't possible.

Among every large group of people, you will find subhumans. More among certain groups than others. And yes, we most likely had a few among our ranks. They should be dealt with appropriately. That does not make them a representation of our military. It just points to the fact that our military has some bad apples. Just the same, our society has some bad apples. It's too bad there isn't a test to determine which ones are which ahead of time, but that isn't possible.

True enough. Also, you never know how people will behave when exposed to particular environments for periods of time.

Serious........google some news articles on this and you'll find out that practically the whole freaking staff of the prison was nothing but weekend warriors who were called up for active duty.

They figured (the military), that since the reservists didn't have as much training as the active duty people, and it was still really dangerous over there, they would use the reservists to staff the prison.

Now.........put a whole bunch of people who are still half civilian, and give 'em weapons as well as tell them they're in charge?

Well......you end up with the Ramboesque bullshit that happened over there.

Forum List

Back