If this is progress...

Inconsistent to 'hope and pray' that troops sent for illegal reasons would prevail. I mean that is the implication of 'war crimes' no?

It is my belief that our troops have been sent into harm's way under false pretenses. IF this war continues to slip into carnage and chaos, the aftermath of that deception - I hope - will be seen by the world community as criminal. Much like the foot soldiers of any army whose leaders have been charged with war crimes after the extent of their criminal activities became clear to the world were not charged with them, our troops are not guilty of any crimes. They are doing the job that their national leaders sent them to do and I hope they all come home alive.... and I hope that they can somehow establish this multicultural jeffersonian democracy they were sent over to establish..... I just do not intellectually believe that it will happen. And IF it doesn't happen, and IF the situation deteriorates into untold carnage and chaos, then I firmly believe that the world ought to put the leaders who mislead us and started this whole bloody mess on trial for war crimes.

Did that sufficiently explain how I can emotionally hope and pray for the safety and success of our troops while simultaneously thinking that IF the carnage and chaos continues to spiral out of control, that Bush & Co. ought to be held to account for it?

It is my belief that our troops have been sent into harm's way under false pretenses. IF this war continues to slip into carnage and chaos, the aftermath of that deception - I hope - will be seen by the world community as criminal. Much like the foot soldiers of any army whose leaders have been charged with war crimes after the extent of their criminal activities became clear to the world were not charged with them, our troops are not guilty of any crimes. They are doing the job that their national leaders sent them to do and I hope they all come home alive.... and I hope that they can somehow establish this multicultural jeffersonian democracy they were sent over to establish..... I just do not intellectually believe that it will happen. And IF it doesn't happen, and IF the situation deteriorates into untold carnage and chaos, then I firmly believe that the world ought to put the leaders who mislead us and started this whole bloody mess on trial for war crimes.

Did that sufficiently explain how I can emotionally hope and pray for the safety and success of our troops while simultaneously thinking that IF the carnage and chaos continues to spiral out of control, that Bush & Co. ought to be held to account for it?

I, for one, hope that, if this war continues to slip into carnage and chaos

That one sentence sums up all we need to know about your views on the war, and the troops

and I hope, Kathianne - and others - that you noticed the word IF in those sentences above and understood the meaning of that word in the context in which it was presented.

and I hope, Kathianne - and others - that you noticed the word IF in those sentences above and understood the meaning of that word in the context in which it was present.

I do not see the word IF here..........

Every once and awhile, libs let the truth slip out

Here's where I'm getting lost and yes, I did notice all the 'Ifs'. An action is criminal or not, it's not dependent on the outcome. So win or lose, if criminal it would still be, in not, not.

That sentence is what shows MM's true wants and desires in Iraq

Here's where I'm getting lost and yes, I did notice all the 'Ifs'. An action is criminal or not, it's not dependent on the outcome. So win or lose, if criminal it would still be, in not, not.

It is criminal to drive while intoxicated.

It is felonious to drive while intoxicated and, while behind the wheel, cause a school bus full of young children to swerve to avoid you and end up plummeting off the cliff killing all onboard.

If Bush's actions in misleading America into this war were to miraculously culminate in a thriving multicultural jeffersonian democracy with sunnis and shiites gathering together in town squares throughout Iraq to sing multiple choruses of Kumbaya until the sun came up, it would not make his misleading any less criminal, it would merely make it less likely that the world - or I - would see fit to prosecute him for those crimes.

It is criminal to drive while intoxicated.

It is felonious to drive while intoxicated and, while behind the wheel, cause a school bus full of young children to swerve to avoid you and end up plummeting off the cliff killing all onboard.

If Bush's actions in misleading America into this war were to miraculously culminate in a thriving multicultural jeffersonian democracy with sunnis and shiites gathering together in town squares throughout Iraq to sing multiple choruses of Kumbaya until the sun came up, it would not make his misleading any less criminal, it would merely make it less likely that the world - or I - would see fit to prosecute him for those crimes.

Then I can see the relativism, sort of. I know I might hope and pray that a person driving under the influence harms no one, but still would say that the police should identify and prosecute. I'd say the same, even if they stopped the bus to help someone heroically, then when the police arrive, they should still be given a breathalizer.

Then I can see the relativism, sort of. I know I might hope and pray that a person driving under the influence harms no one, but still would say that the police should identify and prosecute. I'd say the same, even if they stopped the bus to help someone heroically, then when the police arrive, they should still be given a breathalizer.

Democrats in a corner
By Martin Schram
April 15, 2007

Despite images of failure on the nonstop news that are the sad reality of President Bush's Iraq war policy, Senate and House Democratic leaders seem to be painting the one image of themselves that could cause Americans to reject their party, yet again, in 2008.
Given a blank canvas, fresh paint and brushes, top congressional Democrats began painting not the big picture but the floor. And by the time they looked up, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid had just about painted themselves into a corner.
Democrats chose to force an end to Mr. Bush's unpopular war by using the one weapon Americans really don't want to use: Money for our troops, just when they are caught in the cross-fire of a civil war.
When Democrats chose to attach their troop-withdrawal deadlines to an urgent war-funding bill, they ceded to our failed president a moral high ground he could never have captured himself. Namely: If we cut off funding while our troops are fighting, we put them in greater danger. So the president rushed to proclaim he would veto any bill with any troop-withdrawal dates -- the better to create a crisis of confrontation he could win. Mr. Reid and Mrs. Pelosi, meanwhile, pushed their party toward a confrontation they were not going to win, while communicating no clear course of responsible action.

For the entire article

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20070414-093853-5680r.htm

I know....I screwed up...I took him off "ignore" and the very first post I read was that one...I was kind of amazed that no one else said anything about him not seeing the word 'if' in a sentence that contained the word 'if'...but I guess that is yet another indicator for RSR of just how little attention is paid to the blather he posts. I will put him on ignore again and try not to sneak back to gloat about just how badly I own his fucking worthless ass.

I know....I screwed up...I took him off "ignore" and the very first post I read was that one...I was kind of amazed that no one else said anything about him not seeing the word 'if' in a sentence that contained the word 'if'...but I guess that is yet another indicator for RSR of just how little attention is paid to the blather he posts. I will put him on ignore again and try not to sneak back to gloat about just how badly I own his fucking worthless ass.

Please do. He knows how to push your buttons, and you are better than this. Seriously.

While I may be more simpatico with RSR pov, I think your posting style is normally very good. I read your posts, which is why this 'interim' time has been very difficult. I know you are better than this.

He's far from stupid. Over the top, perhaps. There is a method to his posts, just not what most of us want to wade through.

anyone who posts a thread where he claims that the word "if" is not in a sentence and then follows that with the sentence in question which unambiguously contains the word "if"....that person is not very far from stupid, by any reasonable measure.

He's far from stupid. Over the top, perhaps. There is a method to his posts, just not what most of us want to wade through.

and I know that you don't wish to alienate your conservative buddies on here, but not calling him out for this particular piece of stupidity is inexplicable to me!

and I know that you don't wish to alienate your conservative buddies on here, but not calling him out for this particular piece of stupidity is inexplicable to me!

Perhaps you've missed it, I have no buddies on the board? I guess I'm the loner. The cons don't care for me much, neither do the libs. I suppose I'm fairly comfortable with that.

Perhaps you've missed it, I have no buddies on the board? I guess I'm the loner. The cons don't care for me much, neither do the libs. I suppose I'm fairly comfortable with that.

You are his twin.... Heavy use of the word “libs“….definately a loner.....Hmmm.... He has a pattern of make believe supporters on other forums where nobody ever agrees with him...You agree with a certified idiot.....he has used an active member name from this forum on other that has the initials "MM' (not Maine Man - another one…. Hint….Signature "A communist is someone who reads Marx. An anti-communist is someone who UNDERSTANDS Marx")......he doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers.... you don't either.... I wonder. He has used women’s names before. All it would take is 2 ISP's..... He spends all of his waking hours on the computer..…I wonder?????

You are his twin.... Heavy use of the word “libs“….definately a loner.....Hmmm.... He has a pattern of make believe supporters on other forums where nobody ever agrees with him...You agree with a certified idiot.....he has used an active member name from this forum on other that has the initials "MM' (not Maine Man - another one…. Hint….Signature "A communist is someone who reads Marx. An anti-communist is someone who UNDERSTANDS Marx")......he doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers.... you don't either.... I wonder. He has used women’s names before. All it would take is 2 ISP's..... He spends all of his waking hours on the computer..…I wonder?????

Cognitive dissonance? What are you aiming for?

I hold no hold contradictory cognitions. You and my neigbor seem to be strikingly similiar. So you negative rep'd me for suspecting you of being the village idiot in my village...... I guess I am correct twe...errrr....RSR.... It's not the first time you became a.....

Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the USA
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She says, Hey babe
Take a walk on the wild side
Hey honey
Take a walk on the wild side

Candy came from out on the Island
In the backroom she was everybody's darlin'
But she never lost her head
Even when she was giving head