If This Had Been Reported 3 Weeks Ago?

Yes, I can just imagine that stockholders meeting

"profits are up 25% this year, but cost will go up in the future. I suggest we close shop and storm off in protest!"

Ah, somehow I'm imagining more words dripping with contempt for the moochers exchanging their labor for wages and benefits. You've really got to hate your employees to deliberately torpedo your operation out of a philosophy of "screw 'em!"

I agree. The right needs to stop obstructing. They need to articulate the beliefs they hold dear and think are worth preserving. All else? Let it go.

Yes, I can just imagine that stockholders meeting

"profits are up 25% this year, but cost will go up in the future. I suggest we close shop and storm off in protest!"

Ah, somehow I'm imagining more words dripping with contempt for the moochers exchanging their labor for wages and benefits. You've really got to hate your employees to deliberately torpedo your operation out of a philosophy of "screw 'em!"

I agree. The right needs to stop obstructing. They need to articulate the beliefs they hold dear and think are worth preserving. All else? Let it go.

They did that for two years the media never did it job reporting it, unless they were attacking it.
How do you get the message of your agenda out in an articulate manner when the media distorts what you are saying?

They did that for two years the media never did it job reporting it, unless they were attacking it.
How do you get the message of your agenda out in an articulate manner when the media distorts what you are saying?
Send out a charming, well spoken social moderate, and adjust the tone of your message.

Republicans need to ditch Rove, hire a new speech writer and a better PR firm.

No they didn't. Losing isn't ignoring. McConnell's tirades aren't articulating.

No they didn't. Losing isn't ignoring. McConnell's tirades aren't articulating.

And what about those Jobs bill that were sent to the senate? What did the media report on that? And yes the media has distorted anything the Republicans did.

This was/is not just another recession. US banks were in literal collapse. The symbiotic nature of the global economy, far more symbiotic than in the 1930's, exacerbated an already horrific meltdown. The unwinding of this disaster could easily take another five to ten years.

Comparing this to other recessions is an exercise in naivete, political partisanship, or both.

We are fortunate even then. Remember that this recession was orchestrated by the most famous recovering alcoholic, who amazed the RW by starting two wars while also successfully bringing about a tax cut for the rich. Now you see it....Now you don't. W was the Magician that the Right had been waiting for.:clap2:

This was/is not just another recession. US banks were in literal collapse. The symbiotic nature of the global economy, far more symbiotic than in the 1930's, exacerbated an already horrific meltdown. The unwinding of this disaster could easily take another five to ten years.

Comparing this to other recessions is an exercise in naivete, political partisanship, or both.

We are fortunate even then. Remember that this recession was orchestrated by the most famous recovering alcoholic, who amazed the RW by starting two wars while also successfully bringing about a tax cut for the rich. Now you see it....Now you don't. W was the Magician that the Right had been waiting for.:clap2:

OH no you did not just blame Bush.

The implosion of the economy went like it was planned by those in Congress when it begin in 2007-2008. I forget who controlled congress then and would have more to politically gain with a bad economy with a Republican as president.
An old LBJ quote comes to mind.
“I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
- Lyndon B. Johnson

20 great moments in liberal bigotry

Whee. What a bunch of bullshit on this thread. Atas can just go ahead and shrug. We don't need the asshole. Ayn Rand was a fruitloop, as are all that parrot her insanity.

I am certain that if a republican president had a record like Obama's first term, the media would've excoriated him unmercifully and the democrats would have swept into office with super majorities in both Houses of Congress.

OH no you did not just blame Bush.

The implosion of the economy went like it was planned by those in Congress when it begin in 2007-2008. I forget who controlled congress then and would have more to politically gain with a bad economy with a Republican as president.
An old LBJ quote comes to mind.
“I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
- Lyndon B. Johnson

20 great moments in liberal bigotry
Hmmmmm, so the Housing Bust, which began their fall in 2006, is something that the democrats did in 2007 and 2008?

hahahahahahahahaha! Now that's another great magic trick!

Pretty clear from this chart that the steep decline happened after the Democrat take over.

2_Lo_Mid_Hi_Housing.png

Pretty clear from this chart that the steep decline happened after the Democrat take over.

2_Lo_Mid_Hi_Housing.png

The Housing Boom reached its peak in 2006 and began its decline in 2006. That's a FACT no one can argue with....

and please, show us the legislation that the Democrats passed in 2007 in which Bush signed, that you think caused this mess.... I'll be waiting.

Obama promised us to take the "Boom and the bust" out of the Capitalist business cycle. He kept that promise, he made it totally dead, mourir, kaput, finito.

Right. Uh Huh!

Yeah..basically this was close to cataclysm.

The world got rolled by a small cabal of pretty sharp shysters who walked away with a mint.

Forum List

Back