If This Doesn't Blow Your Mind...

IGetItAlready

Rookie
Jul 27, 2012
COUNTDOWN TO CURIOSITY'S LANDING ON MARS

Well, then you're likely not a massive space nerd.
Regardless, I'm simply astounded that we're capable of such engineering achievements on a rock so distant that it takes 14 minutes to send or receive a radio signal.

3 days and 6 hours to touchdown...or impact.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_Af_o9Q9s]Challenges of Getting to Mars: Curiosity's Seven Minutes of Terror - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
Just over four hours until the inhabitants of Mars are again terrified by the latest extraterrestrial visitor.

One ton suv going to attempt a landing on mars tonight!!! WAHOOO.

They're going to try to set it down with rocket thrusters. We're going to see how far we have advanced in the past 40 something years tonight.

Personally, I'd hope it would have an altimeter to tell distance from the ground being fed into a computer. Would give this far more control.

• Banned
Yeah.
Not sure why, maybe it has something to do with the dramatic production in the Seven Minutes of Terror vid but I am HUGELY stoked about this!!!

Well I am a space nerd and my mind isn't blown. Maybe if they landed some people there or something.

• Banned
Installing plug in to watch.

Wonder if anything will be fed to NASA TV

Not sure if there will be much to see tonight aside from a cheering ground crew on NASA TV.
I read earlier today that there are a couple of variables that could result in no contact with Curiosity for as long as 2-3 days. Hopefully that's not the case because I'm literally chomping at the bit to see ANYTHING.

Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?

This is America at its best...

This will make more kids want to become scientist and engineers, and do more good for our nation than the entire 10 years of war in Afghanistan. No nation remained great without remaining on the front lines of science. This goes back to Eygpt, Greece, Perisa, China, Rome, ect. You can have that million man army, but if you don't have the technology? Well, you're going to end up like Saddam. We pushed technology throughout our history to become the great nation we're today. Let's keep on doing it.

Let's not lose our edge to china! When you get right down to it- I must ask what did 10 years of war in the middle east do for us? At the cost of tens of thousands of wounded troops and trillions of dollars. NOTHING.

This at least brings out the best in what it is to be an American and assures future advancements. China's sure as hell is going to if we're not.

Last edited:
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?
Has it landed yet?

Don't make me pull this Lander over!!

:eusa_silenced:

This is America at its best...

This will make more kids want to become a scientist and do more good for our nation than the entire 10 years of war in Afghanistan. No nation remained great without remaining on the front lines of science. This goes back to Eygpt, Greece, Perisa, China, Rome, ect. You can have that million man army, but if you don't have the technology? Well, you're going to end up like Saddam.

Let's not lose our edge to china! When you get right down to it I can ask what 10 years of war in the middle east has done for us? At the cost of tens of thousands of wounded troops and trillions of dollars. NOTHING.

This at least brings out the best in what it is to be an American and assures future advancements. China's sure as hell is going to if we're not.

It's definitely good timing.

China just announced going to the Moon.

Guest what, bitches?!
We're goin' to MARS!!

:clap2:

New images just released:

v
v
v
v
v
v

v

v
v

16443161bbf2cf68a1b9e8647a51d4e64e4cee33.jpg

WOW! Curiosity is there already? See, I haven't been following it, it seems like just yesterday they made the announcement of going there....(this is what happens when you are older they say....time flies!)

This is AWESOME! Fingers crossed that it all goes well!

Forum List

Back