If things remain the same - Romney will be our next president

Romney will win the GOP nomination. The real Republicans who are not Tea Baggers know that he is the only candidate with a chance to beat Obama

How will Romney beat Obama? If the economy remains the same or gets worse, Obama will lose. If the economy shows an upward trend, Obama will win easily

What can Obama do about it? Not much. Republicans have made it clear they will not allow any legislation pass that might help the economy. Obama may pay the price, but so will the incumbent republicans

Has been "vetted". Been in politics for a long time. No suprises in his personal life. Boy scout clean.

Unless theeconomy does a 180.

No president has been re-eleced with such a crappy economy and lousy job per rating.......................

which is why the republicans have worked so damned hard to keep the economy down.

The debt ceiling stunt and resorting to voting against their own bills When Obama joined them in backing the ideas.

Heres your problem, things are NOT going to stay the same.

Things are getting better.

I know that pains you that things are getting better but MOST Americans care more about this country than they do your republican candidates chances at taking Obamas job.

Is your IQ above that of a house plant?

Or did you forget that big 0 and the (D)'s had all 3 branches and actually achieved to make things worse?

What exactly did they make worse?

can you please refrain from lying for a change?

which is why the republicans have worked so damned hard to keep the economy down.

The debt ceiling stunt and resorting to voting against their own bills When Obama joined them in backing the ideas.

Heres your problem, things are NOT going to stay the same.

Things are getting better.

I know that pains you that things are getting better but MOST Americans care more about this country than they do your republican candidates chances at taking Obamas job.

Is your IQ above that of a house plant?

Or did you forget that big 0 and the (D)'s had all 3 branches and actually achieved to make things worse?

What exactly did they make worse?

can you please refrain from lying for a change?

They doubled the debt
unemployment went up
wasted time and hundreds of millions of dollars, passing a bill that may turn out to be unconstitutional.

you remember now?

Romney isn't well liked, which might change. obama is despised and that will only get worse. obama owns the ows bowel movement. He's getting more hysterical by the day. And, he will lkely be tied up in several lawsuits resulting from his incompetentce and corruption by next year.

If we can tolerate an anti Christian muslim in the white house, we can certainly accept a mormon.

Muslim?

Obama is only despised by right wing Confederate racist pieces of shit.

Obama is a whore for the unions. That appeals to many that want to continue to make $45 an hour in wages and benefits for an unskilled job.
And they wonder why we are losing jobs and businesses. They have no clue how the free market works.
Save jobs and kill a country.

I guess I have to wonder why you are totally cool with a CEO who gets an eight figure payout for running his company into bankruptcy, but you are horrified that a union guy gets $45.00 in wages and benefits for "Unskilled" labor.

I'm curious what "unskilled" labor you are actually referring to.

Romney will win the GOP nomination. The real Republicans who are not Tea Baggers know that he is the only candidate with a chance to beat Obama

How will Romney beat Obama? If the economy remains the same or gets worse, Obama will lose. If the economy shows an upward trend, Obama will win easily

What can Obama do about it? Not much. Republicans have made it clear they will not allow any legislation pass that might help the economy. Obama may pay the price, but so will the incumbent republicans

HOrsecrap. Incumbants only get into trouble if they are on the losing side of the general, as a rule.

I do expect the GOP to lose about 10-15 house seats, mostly ones they never should have won to start with, like IL-8, where I live. But I also think they are going to take the Senate, no matter who wins.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lMKPYCOCE]Mitt Romney: Thanks for Supporting the American Jobs Act - YouTube[/ame]

Here's the issue, I see with Romney, in order for him to win the election not only will he have to carry more of the Independents than President Obama carried in 08 to win, he will have have to have a consensus of the Republican voters as well, in other words, both the Tea Party wing, as well is the more liberal and evangelical wings of the party. While he may be able to keep the Old Guard on his side based on his experience in the financial sector the voter turnout among the more conservative wing of the party will no doubt be lower because of the perception that he does not represent them. As for Independents he will also have trouble there because of his more recent postiions taken on issue such as Social Security as well as Medicare and a whole host of other issues. The perception of him as a candidate on both sides is of a person who will say anything and take any side in order to win an election. This is the same tactic he took in his race with Ted Kennedy for the US Senate when his was soundly defeated even though Kennedy was considered very weak much like Obama is now. While not one for predicting the future, Romney will have a very very tough road to the White House and would be the ideal candidate to run against to set up a contrast in which you can insure another 4 years with. So unless he can garner as much support and also as much enthusiasm from the far right of the Republican party as other candidates seem to have he is going to have a very tough go of it.

Has been "vetted". Been in politics for a long time. No suprises in his personal life. Boy scout clean.

No president has been re-eleced with such a crappy economy and lousy job per rating.......................

Yeah I guess maybe. Romneycare could be troublesome but his saving grace with that is he did it within the confines of the state constitution unlike obama care which violated the United States Constitution.

I wouldn't put certain things past Obama, he may have a few tricks up his sleeve.

Yeah I guess maybe. Romneycare could be troublesome but his saving grace with that is he did it within the confines of the state constitution unlike obama care which violated the United States Constitution.

I wouldn't put certain things past Obama, he may have a few tricks up his sleeve.

Pilgrim, do you know why I was so opposed to the Health Care Bill?, not because it wasn't well meaning, but because I felt that to compel every American to purchase a product just be it insurance or a microwave oven was so contrary to the constitution it was beyond reason. As for Romney, another issue he will have to deal with is many, not so much me, will see him as helping craft that bill by proxy, which won't be helpful. However in my humble opinion I do think his biggest problem is going to be enthuisam on the part of the far right of the Republican Party to get out the vote, and in 2012 that I feel is going to be a big factor in anyone winning.

Even though I hated Clinton - I will give him props for his competency.

I had a hard time voting for Dole and McCain because they were so old-looking.

I'll vote for a GENUINE war hero (Dole) over a draft-dodger any time.

I wouldn't take back any of my presidential vote since I turned voting age

Nixon 1972 - slam dunk/no-brainer (wouldhave voted forhim in '68)

Ford in 1975 - thought lets give the guy a chance

Reagan in 1980 - no brainer

Reagan in 1984 - overrated - but still a no-brainer

Bush 1 vs Dukakis in 1988 - had resumee - competent/war hero vs Dukakais in the tank

Bush 1 in 1992 - deserved to be re-elected

Dole in 1996 - will vote for a war hero over a draft-dodger

Bush 2 - mighthave voted for Gore if the later wasn't such a smuch - didnt like Bush 2 all that much and still don't

2004 - Kerry was exposed by the Swiftboaters

McCain with his resumee over Obama ib 2008

But there's one little problem.

Nobody actually likes the guy.

Elections are won by the guy people find likable.

If you nominate Romney over the objections of the 75% of Republicans who are conservatives, evangelicals and Tea partiers, you will have a third party movement that will split the anti-Obama vote and Obama gets a second term. Easy.

Seriously, I've been talking to Romney supporters since 2008. No one acutally talks about his principles, his charisma or his great record as a governor.

Discounting the ones who are LDS Cultists, the usual arguments for him are that he's "moderate" (keeping in mind that when the GOP nominates moderates, they lose) he's a successful businesman (except that he laid thousands of people off in his business ventures, which is like getting caught kicking a puppy in this economy) and he's electable (Forgetting the fact that he's lost 80% of the elections he's ever stood in.)

Oh, yeah, and the one you make, that he's been "vetted" because he's run before. Right. So was McCain. So was Dole. See how well those worked out? The 'It's his turn" strategy hasn't worked for the GOP since 1988. The GOP lost four out of the last five popular votes for President with that kind of thinking.

Bottom line is that the election is Obama's to lose. He does need a little help with the economy. If it were to get worse heading into September and October, he will be finished. However, if it is improving even by the slightest bit, he gets re-elected.

Even though I hated Clinton - I will give him props for his competency.

I had a hard time voting for Dole and McCain because they were so old-looking.

Right wingers carry around a lot of hate. They should get some counseling. I've heard it helps. Never needed it myself. I only have the enemies of America. I don't dream that so many Americans are enemies.

R9omney is better qualified tha obama - the smyfcafew is a rank samatier////////////////

Pilgrim, do you know why I was so opposed to the Health Care Bill?, not because it wasn't well meaning, but because I felt that to compel every American to purchase a product just be it insurance or a microwave oven was so contrary to the constitution it was beyond reason. As for Romney, another issue he will have to deal with is many, not so much me, will see him as helping craft that bill by proxy, which won't be helpful. However in my humble opinion I do think his biggest problem is going to be enthuisam on the part of the far right of the Republican Party to get out the vote, and in 2012 that I feel is going to be a big factor in anyone winning.

I'm a libertarian and I don't like romney either so he has more issues than just the far right. Then again I disliked the part of the healthcare that fines me if I don't buy it and that one part means a real lot to me (and a big part, but not the only part, of why I dont like obamacare)

Forum List

Back