If things remain the same - Romney will be our next president

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Has been "vetted". Been in politics for a long time. No suprises in his personal life. Boy scout clean.

Unless theeconomy does a 180.

No president has been re-eleced with such a crappy economy and lousy job per rating.......................

Romney is boy-scout sqeeky clean in his persoanl.

Thelibs are going after hisMorman faith calling it a cult

wont work

Is he the most excitable guy - n0 - but the most qualified we got.....................

Last edited:
Has been "vetted". Been in politics for a long time. No suprises in his personal life. Boy scout clean.

No president has been re-eleced with such a crappy economy and lousy job per rating.......................

But there's one little problem.

Nobody actually likes the guy.

Elections are won by the guy people find likable.

If you nominate Romney over the objections of the 75% of Republicans who are conservatives, evangelicals and Tea partiers, you will have a third party movement that will split the anti-Obama vote and Obama gets a second term. Easy.

Seriously, I've been talking to Romney supporters since 2008. No one acutally talks about his principles, his charisma or his great record as a governor.

Discounting the ones who are LDS Cultists, the usual arguments for him are that he's "moderate" (keeping in mind that when the GOP nominates moderates, they lose) he's a successful businesman (except that he laid thousands of people off in his business ventures, which is like getting caught kicking a puppy in this economy) and he's electable (Forgetting the fact that he's lost 80% of the elections he's ever stood in.)

Oh, yeah, and the one you make, that he's been "vetted" because he's run before. Right. So was McCain. So was Dole. See how well those worked out? The 'It's his turn" strategy hasn't worked for the GOP since 1988. The GOP lost four out of the last five popular votes for President with that kind of thinking.

Thelibs are going after hisMuslim faith calling it a cult

wont work

Is he the most excitable guy - n0 - but the most qualified we got.....................

His "Muslim" faith? Whooooops. Well, I can understand your confusion. they are both evil religions started by con men who wanted to screw little girls.

Guy, I'm as right wing as they come. And I consider Mormonism a cult.

Thelibs are going after hisMuslim faith calling it a cult

wont work

His "Muslim" faith? Whooooops. Well, I can understand your confusion. they are both evil religions started by con men who wanted to screw little girls.

Guy, I'm as right wing as they come. And I consider Mormonism a cult.

I actually made a spell check correction on that

too late

If you nominate Romney over the objections of the 75% of Republicans who are conservatives, evangelicals and Tea partiers, you will have a third party movement that will split the anti-Obama vote and Obama gets a second term. Easy.

Seriously, I've been talking to Romney supporters since 2008. No one acutally talks about his principles, his charisma or his great record as a governor.

Discounting the ones who are LDS Cultists, the usual arguments for him are that he's "moderate" (keeping in mind that when the GOP nominates moderates, they lose) he's a successful businesman (except that he laid thousands of people off in his business ventures, which is like getting caught kicking a puppy in this economy) and he's electable (Forgetting the fact that he's lost 80% of the elections he's ever stood in.)

Oh, yeah, and the one you make, that he's been "vetted" because he's run before. Right. So was McCain. So was Dole. See how well those worked out? The 'It's his turn" strategy hasn't worked for the GOP since 1988. The GOP lost four out of the last five popular votes for President with that kind of thinking.

Dole and McCain were old.

Romney doesnt look old.

Yeah, you did.

But it's spelled "Mormon" not "Morman". They prefer to call themselves "Latter Day Saints", which is true Hubris. Which tells me you probably don't know much about it.

And here's the thing. If you read more about Mormonism and the absolutely crazy shit they believe, you would see why a lot of not only liberals, but conservatives are concerned about the LDS cult and it's lust for power.

Now, here's the gag. The Mainstream Media isn't talking about this stuff now, but we will get to hear all about the crazy stuff after he gets the nomination.

Romney doesnt look old.

But he is older than Obama. And far less likable.

Forgetting the batshit crazy religion, here's the thing. Obama can't run on his economy. It's been pretty awful. So he has to run against Wall Street. "We've done everything we can, but these greedy people on Wall Street who are posting record corporate profits and got bailouts you paid for aren't keeping up their end of the deal."

And who does the GOP run? Mitt Romney, a guy who made a nine-figure fortune going into companies, pushing people out of good paying jobs, leaving investors with worthless paper, moving factories to China.

It reinforces the image of the GOP as the party that watches "It's a Wonderful Life" and cheers for Mr. Potter.

wont work

LOL. Silly ass, it ain't the libs calling his Morman faith a cult, it is Perry. You guys always try to blame the name calling within the GOP on the 'libs'. Sorry, nobodys buying your bullshit. You want to call each other names, man up and admit it is a family affair.

wont work

LOL. Silly ass, it ain't the libs calling his Morman faith a cult, it is Perry. You guys always try to blame the name calling within the GOP on the 'libs'. Sorry, nobodys buying your bullshit. You want to call each other names, man up and admit it is a family affair.

So when All Sharpton said this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUMQw-hVlc0]Rev Sharpton On Romney's Religion - YouTube[/ame]

that was Republican stuff? I mean, even I think Mormons actually believe in God.

Fact is, While polls show that 18% of republicans won't vote for Mormons, 27% of Democrats won't vote for one, either. So hatred of Mormonism is more prevelant on the left.

Romney is the independents guy, so he has the 2nd lane in what will become a 3 man race to the end.

I'm calling; Cain, Romney, Gingrich, to take the lead and leave the others behind.

If Romney picks Bachmann to run with him, he will take a commanding lead. As she will be bring in the conservative vote and some women.

Ging will screw himself by picking an unknown. I just can't see him sharing the stage.

Cain will peter out, no matter who he has next to him. Unless he can find a moderate, somewhere.

Romney is the independents guy, so he has the 2nd lane in what will become a 3 man race to the end.

I'm calling; Cain, Romney, Gingrich, to take the lead and leave the others behind.

If Romney picks Bachmann to run with him, he will take a commanding lead. As she will be bring in the conservative vote and some women.

Ging will screw himself by picking an unknown. I just can't see him sharing the stage.

Cain will peter out, no matter who he has next to him. Unless he can find a moderate, somewhere.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Candidates don't even start talking about running mates until they've nailed down the nomination.

And running-mates really don't make that much of a difference. Palin gave McCain a boost for a week or two, but that was around the RNC convention where he'd have gotten a boost, anyway.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Candidates don't even start talking about running mates until they've nailed down the nomination.

And running-mates really don't make that much of a difference. Palin gave McCain a boost for a week or two, but that was around the RNC convention where he'd have gotten a boost, anyway.

yeah, yeah.

but there's always "talk", and the people being talked about, talk about it.

but it will be Romney. He's that milk toast, run of the mill, we seen him before, so he won't rock the boat, b/c we don't really want change, candidate that everyone will go;

damn, he's a lot like big 0, who was a lot like bush.

yeah, yeah.

but there's always "talk", and the people being talked about, talk about it.

but it will be Romney. He's that milk toast, run of the mill, we seen him before, so he won't rock the boat, b/c we don't really want change, candidate that everyone will go;

damn, he's a lot like big 0, who was a lot like bush.

But the talk usually ends up being bullshit. Obama had all this talk about taking Hillary, and he ended up taking Biden.

McCain talked about Leiberman and Tom Ridge and people were trying to foist Huckabee or Romney on him for months after he locked up the nomination. And he ended up swinging for the bleachers and picked Palin, who looked really great until she opened her mouth.

Now, for Romney, the thing is, he'll lose for the very reason why you cite. People just ain't excited about him. He's safe. (Again, only if you don't look at his sleazy business practices and crazy religion). Moderates don't win elections. Enthusiasm wins elections, and moderates go with the flow.

Obama's supporters will be enthusiastic about him. Look at posts here by Lahkota, Boop, Jillian, et al. They are going to back him to the hilt.

Romney's supporters here.... meh. I'm not feeling the love. I'm feeling the calculation, where they are intentionally not factoring in things they don't like. (Such as 18% of Republicans refusing to support a member of the LDS Cult.)

Last edited:
Voters will have to sort though his positions on the issues.

Hmmm, let's take a look at that.

4,003,995 positions on 258 issues. Should be interesting.

I love a Republican with more than one interesting face.

bush_two_faced.jpg

Has any party ever toppled the party in power when their party was viewed less favorably than the party in power?

Has any party ever toppled the party in power when their party was viewed less favorably than the party in power?

No Pres except FDR has been re-elected in such a poor economy, and big 0 is no FDR.

Romney doesnt look old.

The only 2 incumbents to lose in the last 30 some years were Carter and Bush Sr., both who lackluster campaigners who lost to very good, charismatic campaigners.

Obama is a great campaigner, Romney has no charisma. Democrats AND Republicans are being blamed for whatever ails the country. Obama's foreign policy record is unassailable, despite what rightwing propagandists would tell you. The big swing states of Ohio and Florida have very unpopular Republican governors. The trend in the economic is positive.

Romney doesnt look old.

The only 2 incumbents to lose in the last 30 some years were Carter and Bush Sr., both who lackluster campaigners who lost to very good, charismatic campaigners.

Obama is a great campaigner, Romney has no charisma. Democrats AND Republicans are being blamed for whatever ails the country. Obama's foreign policy record is unassailable, despite what rightwing propagandists would tell you. The big swing states of Ohio and Florida have very unpopular Republican governors. The trend in the economic is positive.

A lot of wishful thinking in that statement.

So you have an awful president who might get re-elected despite economic failure the most profound since Hoover, because the GOP nominee is a Weird Mormon Robot that even his own supporters can't get excited about.

Isn't this a sad commentary on American politics?

By all rights, Obama's own party should have forced him off the stage, which is what any other advanced democracy would have done with this level of failure.

But he might prevail because the GOP establishment is going to play it safe and nominate the least exciting guy.

With Romney's positions on the issues, there is something for everyone.

Forum List

Back