If They Are To Be Believed

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Why would you have the bible be believed when within it there is no mention of the very provable truth that the earth revolves around the sun? Surely "God" would have offered that tidbit as proof he was all knowing and the ultimate authority. Would that have not made the bible much more prophetic to withstand the test of time? Without that now most obvious observation, the myths of the time around and before Christ lack the most basic wisdom and ability to witness with clearity.

Hold it---The moment you ask "Why not this truth"? is the moment you walk down an illogical foundation for truth.

Recall--the Bible mentions Jerusalem, talks of other locatable ancient cities and even tribes and cultures of people that left their mark on civilization. Does this mean everything mentioned in the Bible is true?

Actually no--man known to mix truth and lies to gether in hopes of gaining belief of the lies by the masses. If the ancients knew the earth revolve around the sun, they may have added that in order to gain believers if they thought such a thing would aid them.

Your arguement does not discredit the foundation of any religion. The use of now provable facts or their lack of does nor establish nor undermine the aguement of religion. What does are the claims of a religion and how it contradict itself or reality.

Why would you have the bible be believed when within it there is no mention of the very provable truth that the earth revolves around the sun? Surely "God" would have offered that tidbit as proof he was all knowing and the ultimate authority. Would that have not made the bible much more prophetic to withstand the test of time? Without that now most obvious observation, the myths of the time around and before Christ lack the most basic wisdom and ability to witness with clearity.
I never worship science because it changes almost daily with the "new discoveries" that pop up. God is the rock of ages that remains steady. Faith isn't Science so it doesn't need to be verified. I think your problem stems from trying to mix the two, you really can't.

And, because I worship God and not people or science I don't have those worries that you atheists have. Besides, if I'm wrong then no problem, there's nothing after death. But if you're wrong, you're fucked.

Let's be honest here, even if the Bible had that, you wouldn't believe it because you'd just say that that anyone could prove it.

the Bible is many things. The Rock of Faith, a collection of beautiful songs and poetry. Parables to quiz humans as to their very relevance here on earth. An historical text documenting the events of the ancient world.

What the Bible is not is a science text book.

Hard to imagine anyone could confuse the two, but here we are!

Forum List

Back