If there is no such thing as race...

...if race is indeed a social construct, isn't it then comparable to "redneck" in the context of...(a) recent thread on that subject.(?)

If race is a social construct it does not follow that all insults or stereotypes based on race are equal in venality or even intent. Nuance, nuance, nuance...look IT up and then STFU.

:cool:

Why don't you go read what I posted on the subject before you shoot your mouth off ? :razz:
Because, as Devnell once told me, he only reads his own posts. :lol:

Well then, I stand corrected.

Is redneck a social construct?
Unless you are talking about literal red necks.

So bigotry toward rednecks and racism toward blacks are both forms of bigotry rooted in a social construct, and are therefore morally equivalent. I'm glad to see you finally understand my point.
No, they are not morally equivalent. Bigotry against rednecks and bigotry against gangstas would be morally equivalent.

Well then, I stand corrected.

Is redneck a social construct?

So bigotry toward rednecks and racism toward blacks are both forms of bigotry rooted in a social construct, and are therefore morally equivalent. I'm glad to see you finally understand my point.
What makes you think I didn't? As far as morally equivalent, it depends on the context. Besides, I think more in terms of ethics than morals. That's a squishy term.

No, they are not morally equivalent.

Yes, they are.

But then again you really don't understand moral equivalency either, so I'm not surprised by your ignorance. Afterall, you are the same artard that insisted an abortion for convenience is morally sound, but an abortion of a fetus with a known birth defect is morally reprehensible. It's pretty clear that your moral compass is pretty fucked up and not to be relied upon as any kind of universal standard.

No, they are not morally equivalent.

Yes, they are.

But then again you really don't understand moral equivalency either, so I'm not surprised by your ignorance. Afterall, you are the same artard that insisted an abortion for convenience is morally sound, but an abortion of a fetus with a known birth defect is morally reprehensible. It's pretty clear that your moral compass is pretty fucked up and not to be relied upon as any kind of universal standard.
I disagree that they are morally equivalent because one can choose to not be a redneck or a gangsta. One cannot choose not to be black.

Not sure why you felt the need to start attacking me personally and actually mischaracterizing what I've stated in the past. Showing off for your boss, prolly. :lol:

I disagree with the notion that someone can choose not to be a redneck.

Haven't you ever heard the saying, you can take a redneck out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of a redneck? :tongue:

Incorrect. Race is a biological reality that is expanded upon in social constructions of class
smile_wink.gif

nope. race may be a biological whatyooumacallit if you dance to whatever you are selling, but race is not a genetic thing. race as in color or ethnicity? if we all have the same ancestors aren't we all of the saame race---the human race? :eusa_whistle:
Anyone who hasn't caught up to modern science and who doen't know this by now is an unedumacated redneck :tongue:

There's a good introduction to the subject

True story
What I recall is that she said it would be reprehensible to abort for not being the desired sex. But I'm not going to put words in her mouth.

so, you can kill for convenience... unless it's for convenience?
Such self-contradictions and logical inconsistencies are the hallmark of fallacious partisan bullshit completely lacking a basis i reasonable thought.
Are you mani's new BFF?

Forum List

Back