If there is no such thing as race...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
... how can there be racism? :eusa_think:

I've seen at least a handful of people make posts to the effect that race is a fictional construct and there really is no such thing. This handful includes Anguille, Ravi, Valerie and at least a few others that agreed with them. Yet I've seen these same individuals decry racism on multiple occasions. And that seems just a little inconsistent to me.

So I ask them and everyone, if race doesn't exist, how is it possible that racism does?

• Banned
Liar.

I've responded to all of your strawmen and word games, including the retarded accusation that I think "redneck" is a bigotted equivalent of "******." :cuckoo:

When you have to make up stupid shit like that, it's clear you have nothing left in your arsenal.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Race-Reality-Differences-Vincent-Sarich/dp/0813340861"]
8536932.jpg
[/ame]

Using SNPs to trace race and lineage

I've seen at least a handful of people make posts to the effect that race is a fictional construct and there really is no such thing. This handful includes Anguille, Ravi, Valerie and at least a few others that agreed with them. Yet I've seen these same individuals decry racism on multiple occasions. And that seems just a little inconsistent to me.

So I ask them and everyone, if race doesn't exist, how is it possible that racism does?
More extremely pathetic Mani Bald faced Lies.
sigh

point out where I or anyone said race is a fictional construct.

Fictional constructs is something you've been excelling at recently. :lol:

heh...I've lost count of how many questions or comments of mine you've refused to address in your bigoted thread.
It's called the make as much noise, start as many delusional threads as you can last resort manifold line of defense.

think? sigh you truly can be a bore when you're bored. :eusa_angel:
Context plus observation:

race is a social construct and within that, one can be a racist or act in a racist manner.

I have always written on forums that we've belonged to, that race was a social construct.

You have never disagreed.

ravi is an idiot.

more on this later.

:eusa_whistle:

:confused: I never decried anything, first of all. I never called anyone a racist or bigot or anything like that, so please link to what you're referring to.

I can remember a thread you started long ago about race where someone else (Diuretic?) said race is really a social construct, to which I agreed and if i recall correctly you and I repped each other once we came to an understanding.

I think I see your point...if race is indeed a social construct, isn't it then comparable to "redneck" in the context of your recent thread on that subject.

Honestly, I still don't understand what you're getting at, even if that's the case. I asked whether or not you are trying to justify certain types of bigotry and you said you're only trying to shed light on hypocrisy. You really should stop making things up about what people say, if that is truly your goal here Manifold. I never posted anything about anyone being racist, but because I responded to your thread you lump me in with the imaginary PC police decrying racism? :eusa_hand:

...if race is indeed a social construct, isn't it then comparable to "redneck" in the context of...(a) recent thread on that subject.(?)

If race is a social construct it does not follow that all insults or stereotypes based on race are equal in venality or even intent. Nuance, nuance, nuance...look IT up and then STFU.

:cool:

I think I see your point...if race is indeed a social construct, isn't it then comparable to "redneck" in the context of your recent thread on that subject.
Please explain this, I don't understand what you are saying. I agree with the rest of what you posted.

It's his hypothesis, I think? :lol: He has a way of twisting things so it's hard to be sure what he means by what he what he says? Ask him.

race is a social construct

Incorrect. Race is a biological reality that is expanded upon in social constructions of class
smile_wink.gif

nope. race may be a biological whatyooumacallit if you dance to whatever you are selling, but race is not a genetic thing. race as in color or ethnicity? if we all have the same ancestors aren't we all of the saame race---the human race? :eusa_whistle:

...if race is indeed a social construct, isn't it then comparable to "redneck" in the context of...(a) recent thread on that subject.(?)

If race is a social construct it does not follow that all insults or stereotypes based on race are equal in venality or even intent. Nuance, nuance, nuance...look IT up and then STFU.

Why don't you go read what I posted on the subject before you shoot your mouth off ? :razz:

I don't know if mani is a red neck but I sure think he has a red face right now. :lol:

Why don't you go read what I posted on the subject before you shoot your mouth off ? :razz:

gawd, only a complete moron would reading e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g you posted on any subject. It is enough to watch you pedal your wares here to know you are full-of-shit most of the time and clueless the rest.
:eusa_angel:

can you take a joke? :eusa_whistle:

race is a social construct

Incorrect. Race is a biological reality that is expanded upon in social constructions of class
smile_wink.gif

nope. race may be a biological whatyooumacallit if you dance to whatever you are selling, but race is not a genetic thing. race as in color or ethnicity? if we all have the same ancestors aren't we all of the saame race---the human race? :eusa_whistle:
Anyone who hasn't caught up to modern science and who doen't know this by now is an unedumacated redneck :tongue:

even a few pedigreed deniers of 'race' have a difficult time defining IT.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm..,
Race and genetics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 0.1% genetic difference that differentiates any two random humans is still the subject of much debate. The discovery that only 8% of this difference separates the major races led some scientists to proclaim that race is biologically meaningless. They argue that since genetic distance increases in a continuous manner any threshold or definitions would be arbitrary. Any two neighboring villages or towns will show some genetic differentiation from each other and thus could be defined as a race. Thus any attempt to classify races would be imposing an artificial discontinuity on what is otherwise a naturally occurring continuous phenomenon.

However, other scientists disagree by claiming that the assertion that race is biologically meaningless is politically motivated and that genetic differences are significant. Neil Risch states that numerous studies over past decades have documented biological differences among the races with regard to susceptibility and natural history of a chronic disease. Effectively Neil Risch is attempting to redefine "race" for human populations to represent that small proportion of variation that is known to vary between continental populations. It is well established, that the level of differentiation between the continental human groups, as measured by the statistic FST is about 0.06-0.1 (6-10%), with about 5-10% of variation at the population level (that is between different populations occupying the same continent) and about 75-85% of variation within populations.(Risch et al., 2002; Templeton, 1998; Ossorio and Duster, 2005; Lewontin, 2005). Tempeton (1998) states that in biology a level of 0.25-0.3 (20-30%) of differentiation normally accepted in biological literature for a population to be considered a race or subspecies.

"A standard criterion for a subspecies or race in the nonhuman literature under the traditional definition of a subspecies as a geographically circumbscribed, sharply differentiated population is to have FST values of at least 0.25 to 0.3 (Smith et al. 1997). Hence as judged by the criterion in the nonhuman literature, the human FST value is too small to have taxonomic significance under the traditional subspecies definition."(Templeton, 1998)

Indeed Neil Risch himself avoids defining race, when asked to respond to the comment "Genome variation research does not support the existence of human races.” he replied

What is your definition of races? If you define it a certain way, maybe that's a valid statement. There is obviously still disagreement....Scientists always disagree! A lot of the problem is terminology. I'm not even sure what race means, people use it in many different ways.(Gitschier, 2005)

smile_wink.gif

Anyone who hasn't caught up to modern science and who doen't know this by now is an unedumacated redneck :tongue:

redneck? call somebody a redneck?
now you've done IT. people can now say you're as racist as mani is. :cool:

Forum List

Back