If there is going to be a MAJOR terrorist attack.....

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
it just might be today. I can't find the article now, (but I am still looking) but a while back I posted an article that discussed how today is some major anniversary of the ass whipping the British gave the Shia some few hundred years ago.

AQ has shown that their large attacks generally happen on anniversaries of significant dates relating to Muslim struggles. For example, the Bali bombing was on the anniversary of the British Mandate of, I believe, 1928 that had something to do with Palestine.

I will find the link.....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh found it.....

REVENGE OF THE MAHDI
Al Qaeda is the spearhead of a movement that is still seething about the Muslims' loss of Spain, which Bin Laden refers to as "the tragedy of Andalusia." It is reactionary in the essential meaning of that much overused term: Bin Laden seeks vengeance for wrongs that, to any Westerner, seem ancient, and laughably archaic. We are faced with an invasion from the past, as 12th century Islamist warriors utilize 21st century technology to devastate the symbols of modernity.

The image of George W. Bush addressing the Republican national convention on Sept. 2, just as a few more "iconic" American buildings go up in flames, is more fodder for the kneejerk scoffers, who see everything in terms of the election. But that date has significance other than in terms of American politics: September 2 is also the 106th anniversary of the Battle of Omdurman, which marked the triumph of the British in the Sudan over an army of Islamic fundamentalists known as Mahdists. It is an anniversary fraught with significance for Osama bin Laden and his followers worldwide: the history behind it illustrates both the nature of the threat we face and the inability of the U.S. to effectively confront it.

I wonder if OBL hasn't been TRYING to draw us into conflict in the Sudan? Perhaps that is why all the crap that is taking place there is taking place. OBL was hoping the US and/or UN would send in troops and then he would hit us hard to avenge the defeat of the Mahdists in 1898.....

Just a thought....

Forum List

Back