CDZ If the United States was to Break Apart...

If the following regions became independent nations (2013 population), which would you prefer:

• Northeast (56,000,000)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • South Atlantic (62,000,000)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • South (56,000,000)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Midwest (68,000,000)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Mountain (23,000,000)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Pacific (51,000,000)

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
I think in that case the Mountain states would be the safest place to live.

They let you carry guns there both openly and concealed.

They are not easy to invade from the north (Russia thru Canada), south (by Mexico), east (Islam) or west (China).

For the longest time since 1991 I thought the USA would be next to break up, after the USSR broke up.

But now it looks like the UK will be next to break up instead !!!

Given the greatest divisions in our country since the Civil War, what if we decided to become several different nations with each having its own laws and customs? Where would you prefer to live? (Assume common defense and trade agreements.)

List of U.S. states and territories by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If only that could happen sooner rather than later.

The left likes centralized government, they don't really no why and they fail to recognize the dangers of it.

Decentralized very small limited and extremely controlled government is the only way government can be prevented from murdering, enslaving, and causing tremendous suffering, for all but the small elite.

I would choose the area that raises and grows the food. Not a lot of space in the northeast to raise crops and cattle...

The country is not dividing, and the far right is being forced to submit the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Given the greatest divisions in our country since the Civil War, what if we decided to become several different nations with each having its own laws and customs? Where would you prefer to live? (Assume common defense and trade agreements.)

List of U.S. states and territories by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The left likes centralized government, they don't really no why and they fail to recognize the dangers of it.

Decentralized very small limited and extremely controlled government is the only way government can be prevented from murdering, enslaving, and causing tremendous suffering, for all but the small elite.
I think a world without us as a superpower would not be a better or safer place for anyone. Except ISIS maybe.

I think a world without us as a superpower would not be a better or safer place for anyone. Except ISIS maybe.
The breaking up of our nation, does not necessarily mean we are no longer a superpower. You must learn to think outside the statist box. A confederation of independent states allied together could work.

However, history clearly shows the USA is a warmongering nation, thanks to corrupt lying politicians. So, getting the war making power out of the hands of one stinking lying pol, is in the interest of the vast majority of Americans.

The breaking up of our nation, does not necessarily mean we are no longer a superpower. You must learn to think outside the statist box. A confederation of independent states allied together could work.

However, history clearly shows the USA is a warmongering nation, thanks to corrupt lying politicians. So, getting the war making power out of the hands of one stinking lying pol, is in the interest of the vast majority of Americans.
You're forgetting your history, we tried this once before and it failed (Articles of Confederation). It would likely look a lot like the EU does today.

There are three levels of conversation. The lowest level is about things. The next level is about people. The highest level is about ideas, generally requiring a three digit IQ. Not too much of that here.

You're forgetting your history, we tried this once before and it failed (Articles of Confederation). It would likely look a lot like the EU does today.
Again, you must stop thinking inside the statist box.

Plus...I would much prefer the Articles of Confederation set up after the American Revolution, to what we have today.

Centralization of power into the hands of small elite, is always disastrous.

Plus...I would much prefer the Articles of Confederation set up after the American Revolution, to what we have today.

If it didn't work the first time what makes you think it would work this time? You're letting ideology get in the way of reality.

If it didn't work the first time what makes you think it would work this time? You're letting ideology get in the way of reality.
Logically speaking we don't need to follow what was done after the revolution to a T. We can make changes in structure and design. No?

Ideology...oh please stop with the foolishness. You are the one unwilling to accept changes and continue living with the shit we have today.

Changes can be good, no problem with that. I do want to take back the government, I just don't want to go back to a solution that will not work. There are better ways.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The south or mid-atlantic. I want a steady food supply that is not taxed out the ying yang for carbon credits, GMO penalties, and such.

Give me the mountains for 1000 Alex. I would be on the, literal, high ground, lots of natural resources, and enough manufacturing/agricultural base (or space to create it) to sustain ourselves. Plus, lots of guns to defend with, a few military bases to get us started, reasonable weather, and as stated above, a difficult road to invasion. Not to mention that it's one place where rugged individuality and self-sufficiency are still predominate.

Forum List

Back