If the Unemployment rate ticks up by 2% in September

the Dems will benefit and will probbaly keep the House. JMHO

A 2% increase would be huge and is practically out of the realm of possibility. That aside, where on earth do you get the idea that more unemployed people would help the Democrats? It's high unemployment that is factoring into their upcoming defeat.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Fed play with the numbers a bit prior to the election to make things seem rosier then they really are.

If that happened, we can abandon all hope of fairness in Government. Rewriting the rules, such as this, only happens at the Supreme Court level.

If unemployment is reported to have dropped by 2% in ANY single month, EVER, you can bet it is a lie, unless a nuclear warhead takes out LA or New York.

I get all giddy at the thought of trading 2% unemployment for either of those cesspools, and 4% for BOTH of them would be like Christmas when I was 7 years old!

If unemployment is reported to have dropped by 2% in ANY single month, EVER, you can bet it is a lie, unless a nuclear warhead takes out LA or New York.
The biggest single month drop ever was Nov 1949 when the UE rate went from 7.9% to 6.4% (-1.5). But that seems to be a bit of an abberation because in Oct 1949 it went from 6.6% to 7.9 so my guess is something was screwy in Oct.

Besides that the biggest single mont decrease was July 1983 where the UE rate went from 10.1 to 9.4 (-0.7). So -2 seems really unlikely.

I am glad you corrected yourself because if a 2% increase in unemployment got more Democrats elected, I'd seriously be thinking the Judgments of God are going to be upon us.

the Dems will benefit and will probbaly keep the House. JMHO

Got to love those temporary Christmas help jobs. They will pump the numbers but i dont think by 2%

Actually, they won't. The numbers are seasonally adjusted to filter out the "noise" from regular, predictable changes such as November hirings, January end of temp jobs, inrease of people entering the laborforce in May/June after graduating, going back to school Aug/Sep etc.

We;ll see a big improvement, which will later (after the election) be revised to be not so stellar.
Nothing can save the Democrats at this point. They are doomed to minority status. Hopefully we can make that endangered status.

Forum List

Back