If the Tea Party truly is Racist then why did they do this?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Ron Paul, Herman Cain win Tea Party poll to run against Obama - Yahoo! News

PHOENIX (Reuters) – Rep. Ron Paul and Georgia businessman Herman Cain were conservative Tea Party activists' top picks to run against Barack Obama for president in 2012, leaving former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin in third place.

In a 'presidential straw poll' of nearly 1,600 conservative members of the Tea Party Patriots released on Sunday, 581 voted for U.S. Representative Ron Paul, a Texas Republican, to run against Obama next year

Herman Cain, a Georgia businessman and talk-radio host, came in second with 256 votes.

Palin, a favorite of the conservative movement who was Senator John McCain's running mate against Obama in 2008, trailed in a distant third place with 149 votes.

"Mr. Cain and Rep. Paul's positions resonated with Tea Party Patriots this weekend," said Mark Meckler, the Tea Party Patriots' national coordinator, of the poll taken at the group's policy summit in Phoenix over the weekend and online.

Last edited by a moderator:
To liberals, treating blacks as your equal is racist.

I think the mental slavery that libs have on so many blacks today is worse then the physical slavery of the past.

The Tea Party was taken away from Ron Paul.
Not saying they are racists, but the Tea Party is not what it once was.

Cain and West are both popular with the TEA Parties. Damn, it's gonna be tricky for the left to spin that one. Both black, both conservatives, both popular with the 'racist' TEA Parties. Tricky. Very, very tricky.

Why is it, that every time you guys appoint or like someone who is black, you have to point it out?
It is kind of like saying, " I am not a racist, I have black friends".

Cain and West are both popular with the TEA Parties. Damn, it's gonna be tricky for the left to spin that one. Both black, both conservatives, both popular with the 'racist' TEA Parties. Tricky. Very, very tricky.

West is awesome!

All the tea party people I know really like him...i've been exposing them to Cain and they REALLY REALLY want him to run for president.

I think i've convinced the few around here that Ron Paul is not a viable choice if they want a canidate that can win.

Hermain Cain is american to the soul and I think he would Trounce obama in 2012....trounce badly.

Why is it, that every time you guys appoint or like someone who is black, you have to point it out?

Its a reaction to the constant false claims of racism in regards to the tea party movement and its members.

When people tell lies those who are lied about like to point out facts that show the lies are indeed lies.

make sense?

West is awesome!

All the tea party people I know really like him...i've been exposing them to Cain and they REALLY REALLY want him to run for president.

I think i've convinced the few around here that Ron Paul is not a viable choice if they want a canidate that can win.

Hermain Cain is american to the soul and I think he would Trounce obama in 2012....trounce badly.

I like both too. Maybe we should go for a Cain/West ticket.... and really piss off the left. :lol::lol::lol:

You guys started it.

Its a reaction to the constant false claims of racism in regards to the tea party movement and its members.

When people tell lies those who are lied about like to point out facts that show the lies are indeed lies.

make sense?

That's totally ridiculous. Don't you know that anyone who is not a liberal is a racist, by definition? Just by using the word 'black' means you're a racist. Of course, the liberals who say this are usually white, live in a white community, associate with whites and may have a coworker that works in another department who knows somebody who is a person of color, but don't don't tell anyone. :eusa_shhh:

BTW, as I've mentioned before, this is one of my heroes:

Walter Williams Home Page

Of course, he's black and since I just pointed that out I MUST be racist.

You're intelligent enough to know that's a straw man. The accusation is, TP people hate Barack Obama because he is black. Now we have the TP choosing a black man for President. It's a dichotomy the ones who accuse will refuse to face up to though. They will instead deflect, erect straw men, much as you have done here.

And the tea party has a real black guy, not like the half black guy the dems got.

make sense?

Do I think the majority of tea party people are racist? No
But the only people I know in my personal life that follow the tea party, are racist. Probably has more to do with the area. I will also admit because of where I live, to me most republicans are racist.

make sense?

But the only people I know in my personal life that follow the tea party, are racist. Probably has more to do with the area. I will also admit because of where I live, to me most republicans are racist.

Most liberals I know are liars. Whatchagonna do?

Just because your Black or White is not why your racist. It's how you look at groups that you are talking about. Because a guy happens to be a wealthy rich guy doesn't mean he can't be racist in many ways.

It's more about that right winging slogan, Hey I did it n my own, so why haven't you.

But Ron Paul doesn't consider himself a part of what this tea party is all about. He has a lot of things he believes that are different. The other day he was interviewed on MSNBC and he said that exact thing. Hell I would vote for him before any of the other guys from the right.

A lot of TP people definitely are anti non white, non christian, and they think minorities are a problem. But for now they will go after the middle class state workers, and today they started the Fed onslaught.
Think they will ever wonder why the rich are making so much, oh thats right they earn it.

make sense?

Most liberals I know are liars. Whatchagonna do?

What can you do?

Forum List

Back