CDZ If the Russians successfully "meddled" then we owe them a debt of gratitude.

If the Russians meddled in our elections, then that means they either successfully breached our computer systems' defenses, or they successfully swayed voters with persuasive ads to vote for Donald Trump. Or both.

If they breached our computer defenses, then they showed us what our vulnerabilities are and as a result, we have better firewalls and protections (if not shame on us).

If they swayed voters to the point that they turned a Hillary victory into a Hillary loss then we should build a monument to Russia thanking them from saving us from what would have been the most destructive Presidency in the history of our country.

In any case, cyber warfare is war, and it is not reasonable to expect people at war to "play nice". That's like General Patton saying to General Rommel "Hey your shells are too strong for my tank's armor! Stop shooting those!"

Certainly we don't expect anyone to play nice.

But you are basically saying that we should have thanked the Japanese for bombing Pearl Harbor because it helped Hawaiian Tourism.

Or if Trump had been President he would have been explaining that the troubles with Japan were all because of the 'witch hunt' in the United States against him.

Putin saved our Constitution for another 40 years from the enemy with in America , the only way liberals could take that away is get the house, senate, presidency and add two extra supreme Court justices to make the SC lean left

I guess conservatives are now no longer even pretending that there was no hacking. Remember a few months back? They insisted that there was no hacking.

Now, the hacking was a “good thing” and we owe them a “debt of gratitude”.

If/when it is revealed that Trump worked hand in glove with them financing the hacking…will anyone be surprised by conservatives trying to rationalize the actions?

No search my threads I was always grateful that Putin saved the supreme Court and the Constitution of the United States.

If the Russians meddled in our elections, then that means they either successfully breached our computer systems' defenses, or they successfully swayed voters with persuasive ads to vote for Donald Trump. Or both.

If they breached our computer defenses, then they showed us what our vulnerabilities are and as a result, we have better firewalls and protections (if not shame on us).

If they swayed voters to the point that they turned a Hillary victory into a Hillary loss then we should build a monument to Russia thanking them from saving us from what would have been the most destructive Presidency in the history of our country.

In any case, cyber warfare is war, and it is not reasonable to expect people at war to "play nice". That's like General Patton saying to General Rommel "Hey your shells are too strong for my tank's armor! Stop shooting those!"

The Russians wanted hilary to win, they had already bought and paid for her through donations to the clinton foundation.....at the same time, they wanted to undermine her more than she had already undermined herself...... no one thought that Trump was going to win.... anyone who voted for hilary who says differently is lying...

Certainly few expected Trump to win.

But the Russians specifically didn't want Clinton to win.

Anyone who says differently is lying.

But you are basically saying that we should have thanked the Japanese for bombing Pearl Harbor because it helped Hawaiian Tourism.

Or if Trump had been President he would have been explaining that the troubles with Japan were all because of the 'witch hunt' in the United States against him.

Putin saved our Constitution for another 40 years from the enemy with in America , the only way liberals could take that away is get the house, senate, presidency and add two extra supreme Court justices to make the SC lean left

Putin certainly is admired by some for his attack on the United States- and for getting Trump elected.

As you can see the far left drone trolls can not admit that Hilary is worse than Trump.

If they would do that we can move forward.

However when the "collusion" narrative started, they have to run with it, no matter how often it is debunked.

No if we could get the far left to act like adults the world would be a much better place.

Even after all this, Trump will still be president, Hilary will not just be appointed president by the muller probe and Hilary is and always be worse than Trump!

Putin certainly is admired by some for his attack on the United States- and for getting Trump elected.

Telling us the truth about dishonest politicians and organization's is now considered an attack?

When they swayed people from Hillary was it to Trump or Stein?

Take a moment and ask how much Russia influence helped Stein garner more votes from the disgruntled Sanders voters when Wikileaks released the information against Clinton and the DNC?

I am not a fan of this and believe Russia meddling is a cause of concern but tp say the average voter was swayed by fake news is something I do not buy!

I believe Wilileaks did harm Clinton but none of that was fake and it show the Democrat Leadership to be corrupt to it core...

Seriously Syriusly? If anyone got Trump elected it was the DNC by handing the nomination to their Queen and cheating Bernie with their super delegate shenanigans. Stop wasting your time chasing a Russian ghost and focus on your corrupt DNC.

Seriously Syriusly? If anyone got Trump elected it was the DNC by handing the nomination to their Queen and cheating Bernie with their super delegate shenanigans. Stop wasting your time chasing a Russian ghost and focus on your corrupt DNC.

This is your quote:
If they swayed voters to the point that they turned a Hillary victory into a Hillary loss then we should build a monument to Russia thanking them from saving us from what would have been the most destructive Presidency in the history of our country

So clearly you acknowledge that Russia may have swayed the election.

But I was responding to this quote:

Which completely acknowledges that Putin and Russia are responsible for Trump's election and is essentially thank Russia for a job well done.

Certainly the DNC could do better- and Clinton was stupid about how she handled her emails and the issue- but the number one reason- in my opinion- was Comey's late election announcement that he was reopening the investigation.

But Russia's actions almost certainly resulted in Bernie voters not voting for Clinton- which is exactly what Putin wanted.

And many here- like yourself are applauding Putin's actions.

Rather like someone applauding Hirohito for saving the American shipbuilding industry.

This is your quote:
If they swayed voters to the point that they turned a Hillary victory into a Hillary loss then we should build a monument to Russia thanking them from saving us from what would have been the most destructive Presidency in the history of our country

Which completely acknowledges that Putin and Russia are responsible for Trump's election and is essentially thank Russia for a job well done.

Certainly the DNC could do better- and Clinton was stupid about how she handled her emails and the issue- but the number one reason- in my opinion- was Comey's late election announcement that he was reopening the investigation.

But Russia's actions almost certainly resulted in Bernie voters not voting for Clinton- which is exactly what Putin wanted.

Rather like someone applauding Hirohito for saving the American shipbuilding industry.

I agree the one who cost Hillary the election was all on Comey at the end , if he wasn't so egotistical / opened his fat mouth Hillary would of won and destroyed the Constitution by nominating lefty supreme Court justices.

I only play when I thank Putin , but like Obama , Harry Reid would think.."the ends justify the means" we had to get a right leaning supreme Court at all cost because they are the only ones that would try to go by the Constitution and not by feelings ...

Is anyone so naive they really believe anyone changed their vote from hillary to Trump because of what some russian said on the internet?

This is your quote:

I agree the one who cost Hillary the election was all on Comey at the end , if he wasn't so egotistical / opened his fat mouth Hillary would of won and destroyed the Constitution by nominating lefty supreme Court justices.

I only play when I thank Putin , but like Obama , Harry Reid would think.."the ends justify the means" we had to get a right leaning supreme Court at all cost because they are the only ones that would try to go by the Constitution and not by feelings ...

Well, we can all conjecture why hillary lost but of course it is just conjecture....there were many factors that went in to Trump's victory...which one was the most important or the most crucial? I think one must think all the factors were crucial and comey may have or may not have influenced the election. I would certainly give him more credit than the Russians.

Is anyone so naive they really believe anyone changed their vote from hillary to Trump because of what some russian said on the internet?
There are sadly millions of Americans who WANT to believe it and others who know it's nonsense but push the narrative anyway.

Yes, the whole mess could have been avoided if Sessions had not recused himself.....I never like the looks of the guy. Appears weak to me.

"Collusion," "meddling," "tampering," etc. Anyone else notice the pattern here?

ALL of these vague terms are deliberately being used to further the BIG LIE that President Trump wasn't legitimately elected in 2016.

Why buy into this BS?

Maybe.

Its difficult to keep track of who posts what. Put me down for saying that Trump won the darned election!

I might not like who some of the folks from Moscow who supported him but he won.

Trump might have gotten fewer votes, but he won the electoral college. Everyone knows those votes are what matters and if he won them (and he did!) then he's President.

Trump is President!

May Hillary kick Bill every night for signing H Bush's NAFTA!

:)

Do believe you, that you would support the break down of a nations policy's established in an effort towards fairness, because even if its totally dishonest its ok because it helps the side you support. WOW

Do believe you, that you would support the break down of a nations policy's established in an effort towards fairness, because even if its totally dishonest its ok because it helps the side you support. WOW
What is dishonest about cyber warfare? It is part of modern warfare and has been since computers became essential 40 years ago. This is one of the myths you Liberals cling to. That there is some "gentleman's agreement" between nation states that we won't try to break through firewalls, interfere in elections, overthrow leaders, whatever. That is a Libtardian fantasy.

Cyber warfare is not going to stop because of this Liberal "holier than thou" hogwash. We are not going to stop, Russia is not going to stop, China is not going to stop nor are any of the other world powers.

As you can see the far left drone trolls can not admit that Hilary is worse than Trump.

We can certainly see that the far right drones will defend Don the Con regardless of what he does- and still cant' stop obsessing over Clinton.

What is dishonest about cyber warfare? It is part of modern warfare and has been since computers became essential 40 years ago. This is one of the myths you Liberals cling to. That there is some "gentleman's agreement" between nation states that we won't try to break through firewalls, interfere in elections, overthrow leaders, whatever. That is a Libtardian fantasy.

Cyber warfare is not going to stop because of this Liberal "holier than thou" hogwash. We are not going to stop, Russia is not going to stop, China is not going to stop nor are any of the other world powers.

That is like saying what was 'dishonest' about Pearl Harbor.

How we should have ignored Japan's attack because we just aren't going to be able to stop Japan's aggression in the Pacific.....

I still remember when the Right at least pretended to care about defending the United States.

Forum List

Back