If the Republicans win ...

Good grief, why would anyone let an inferior intellect grade their paper?

He's not inferior, just from a privileged State, in his mind. Retired State Trooper, right, WC. When didn't you get your way with the Public, on the job?

Um, no. He's inferior. Clueless. Wrong in the trillions column and endorses a system with a 100% Guaranteed Failed rate.

He can grade Deany and maybe TM, but I question if he's really any brighter than TM

cut that out now, you may ED. It's all about self esteem, you know. ;)

Now tell us all you know about the farming industry under coolidge?
I've yet to see proof of yours. Links please. You've not a good enough track record to be taken at your word, and you're the one making the assertion that austerity never works. Therefore it is incumbent on you to prove. I gave you one event that shows austerity DID improve the economy, and you responded with non-sequiters about farming policy.

A little bit of both sides of Roosevelt's New Deal.

Farmers and the New Deal

Farmers in America did well out of the New Deal. The farmers of America did not prosper in the so-called Roaring Twenties. They were simply too successful in that they produced far too much for the American market. With western Europe as a market effectively closed to them as a result of a tariff war, the farmers could only sell in America. Too much product for too few people caused prices to plummet. Farmers had to sell to whoever would offer a price for their goods. Bankruptcy followed bankruptcy among farmers in the mid-West.

In January 1933, Ed O’Neal, the farmers union leader had said:
"Unless something is done for the American farmer we will have a revolution in the countryside within less than 12 months."

The Hoover administration had done little to help the farmers. Hoover’s "prosperity is just around the corner" must have sounded very hollow to mid-West farmers. The attack and attempted lynching of a judge by Iowan farmers in April 1933 (he was signing eviction orders to be served on farmers) lead to the Governor of Iowa putting the state under martial law. Roosevelt had to be seen to be doing something as for nearly 13 years the federal government had done little to assist the farmers.

In May 1933 the Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) was passed. This act encouraged those who were still left in farming to grow fewer crops. Therefore, there would be less produce on the market and crop prices would rise thus benefiting the farmers – though not the consumers.

The AAA paid farmers to destroy some of their crops and farm animals. In 1933 alone, $100 million was paid out to cotton farmers to plough their crop back into the ground! Six million piglets were slaughtered by the government after it had bought them from the farmers. The meat was canned and given away for free to the unemployed. Though this all made perfect sense in terms of economically stabilising the farming market, many Americans could not accept this policy of destruction. Opponents of the New Deal created a simple chant for people to express their views on the AAA - "Poor Little Piggies".

Regardless of this, the Act did make a marked improvement in the life of farmers as prices rose, evictions markedly dropped and the farmers’ income increased.

In 1936, the Supreme Court declared that the AAA was unconstitutional in that it had allowed the federal government to interfere in the running of state issues. This effectively killed off the AAA.

The AAA did not help the sharecroppers though. These people, and there were three million sharecroppers, did not own their land. Many sharecroppers were African American and they lived lives of poverty. In the immediate aftermath of the AAA, they got employment from farmers to destroy the farmers' crops. Once this had been done, they had nothing to do and many left the land and moved to the ghettos in the cities where they faced similar poverty.

Farmers and the New Deal

Imagine the end to Obama's Siege on Gas and Coal Production, and how that will effect our Utility Bills alone, not to mention the Compound Added costs of everything we buy. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Grade: F

You are using California Math to Grade my Post? :lmao: That is a compliment. Who created this crisis by obstruction and over regulation? Who are you trying to kid?

Good point. Of course I disagree that over regulation was a factor, the reverse is true in my opinion. Obstruction is an issue, one used rather often by both parties, in particular in the Senate. The rules in the Senate are a big problem, how they are changed makes a solution very unlikely.

Is California math different than math in other states? Using critical thinking as the standard you've raised your grade to a D. Pointing out a problem is rather easy, suggesting a solution is not. But the question remains, what good and bad outcomes can be anticipate if taxes are cut, regulations are reduced and "Obamacare" is dismantled?

I'm more afraid about what the left plans to do to this Country when Obama loses. OWS is standing by waiting for a signal from their communist leader who once led an arson and looting rampage and the tax exempt propaganda machines like media matters and move-on are ready to incite violence. Meanwhile thanks to the attorney general we have 3,000 illegal weapons floating around Mexico at least one of which has surfaced in the US in the murder of a Border Patrol Officer.

Leaving the partisan hyperbole aside you have raised an important issue. OWS is a movement which was infiltrated by the far left, frankly idiots, but the movement itself touched on real issues of entitlement and predatory practices by the financial services industry. Those issues are not resolved, OWS is a movement which will not go away until real long term reforms are in place.

Gotta go, but some very interesting posts, hats off to Intense and a small tip of the cap to Whitehall.

I'll check back later, hopefully this thread will provide each of us new information and some perspective.

You are using California Math to Grade my Post? :lmao: That is a compliment. Who created this crisis by obstruction and over regulation? Who are you trying to kid?

Good point. Of course I disagree that over regulation was a factor, the reverse is true in my opinion. Obstruction is an issue, one used rather often by both parties, in particular in the Senate. The rules in the Senate are a big problem, how they are changed makes a solution very unlikely.

Is California math different than math in other states? Using critical thinking as the standard you've raised your grade to a D. Pointing out a problem is rather easy, suggesting a solution is not. But the question remains, what good and bad outcomes can be anticipate if taxes are cut, regulations are reduced and "Obamacare" is dismantled?

:lol: ;) It's not that I'm Anti-Regulation, it's just that I think Government is not the end all, and that regulations need to be qualified and tailored, to meet expectations and development. As Technology changes, so should oversight, the fat must be trimmed. Tax Cuts just like Tax Increases, effect commerce, both good and bad. Someone needs to be steering, as opposed to auto-pilot. From subsidies, bailouts, Government Aid, which are all dependent on money first taken from the General Population, in the first place, qualification needs to be met. Either something works or it doesn't work to whatever level or degree. We need transparency, honest book keeping, and disclosure. It's not play money. Incompetence, misuse, abuse, effect us all.

Obamacare. Too much Unconstitutional, too much unsustainable. I do believe Romney the best suited to develop a good compromise. I personally don't think Anyone could have asked for a more suited, result orientated Candidate, to reach resolution without foot stomping either side. That's just how I see it.

:lol: ;) It's not that I'm Anti-Regulation, it's just that I think Government is not the end all, and that regulations need to be qualified and tailored, to meet expectations and development. As Technology changes, so should oversight, the fat must be trimmed. Tax Cuts just like Tax Increases, effect commerce, both good and bad. Someone needs to be steering, as opposed to auto-pilot. From subsidies, bailouts, Government Aid, which are all dependent on money first taken from the General Population, in the first place, qualification needs to be met. Either something works or it doesn't work to whatever level or degree. We need transparency, honest book keeping, and disclosure. It's not play money. Incompetence, misuse, abuse, effect us all.

Obamacare. Too much Unconstitutional, too much unsustainable. I do believe Romney the best suited to develop a good compromise. I personally don't think Anyone could have asked for a more suited, result orientated Candidate, to reach resolution without foot stomping either side. That's just how I see it.

I don't disagree with the points you make in general, buy as always the devil is in the detail. Where I do disagree is that anything Obama has done violates the law. I also believe Gov. Romney is a complete unknown, his hard right turn is belied by his comments in the past and his practice as Gov. of MA. Gov. Romney is a member of the 1%, I have no faith that he understands or cares to understand the plight of the poor, aged or middle income citizens. I may be wrong but I suspect he believes trickle down theory actually benefits all of our citizens.

His comments on Iran are particularly disturbing.

...and if they cut taxes, cut regulations and eliminate "Obamacare", what will be the consequences. Consider the best case and worst case scenarios and limit each response to three paragraphs.

Yes, consider this a blue book final examination, grades will be given for each response.

Could you please post your question in espanol for our honored guests so they can participate?

Forum List

Back