If the Republicans win the Senate in 2020 they will end the ACA

I am not posting to defend the ACA, as it defends itself.

It is more popular now than it ever has been.

It defends itself? Really? How exactly does that work? Parts of it have been ruled unconstitutional. It's popular with people who get huge subsidies or have pre existing conditions. The rest of us think it sucks. You defend an idea...not an actual thing! The idea is what you adore...the actual thing, you ignore!

Are you prepared for you ALS or Cancer diagnosis tomorrow??

I'm playing golf tomorrow. Just one more thing you got wrong in this thread!

and everything that goes with it. They have 22 seats and that is why they are chickenshit to do it now, as the ACA is popular even with Republicans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Senate has 53 Republicans and 47 Democrats (including two independents). There are 34 seats up in 2020 - including a special election in Arizona - of which 22 are held by the GOP. Democrats will need to gain 3 or 4 seats to take control.
2020 Senate Election Interactive Map

and

But the 2020 map is seen as more challenging, and many in the GOP can’t understand why Trump would plunge them into a fight over health care just as he was surfing a wave of good news brought by the end of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

“It doesn’t seem to make sense politically,” said one Republican senator, who questioned why Trump would give Democrats a new avenue of attack.

Another Republican senator said, “We would be crazy to try to go through what we went through again,” referring to the failed 2017 effort to repeal ObamaCare, which fell one vote short in the Senate.

A third Republican senator expressed hope that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) will join House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in pressing Trump to back off his aggressive push to defeat the 2010 health care law in court.

GOP senators blindsided by Trump on ObamaCare

This is why I say we need to elect people not parties to serve us in government. What we have are people who's only interest is keeping their fat ass planted in their seat instead of doing what we pay them to do and serve our best interests. I'm sick and tired of being pandered to and someone trying to buy my vote on the cheap instead of being represented by someone with a brain and guts enough to do what's in OUR best interests for the future well being of the nation. That means no one with socalist notions of any kind need apply. Socalism simply has never and will never ever work except to destroy our nation.

I suspect you are not going to accept medicare or even va hand outs, right?? That goes for SS as well.

None of those things are "hand outs", Penelope! We pay for Social Security and Medicare through taxes we contribute over the entire course of our working lives!

Are you really this clueless...or are you trying to be funny?

Yes I am aware, but the republicans call them entitlements.

Mitch McConnell says deficit ballooned because of Social Security, Medicare, not Republican Tax Cuts

After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
---------------------------------------------
I read they think of raising Medicare to 70. And lord only knows what they think about raising SS to.

It defends itself? Really? How exactly does that work? Parts of it have been ruled unconstitutional. It's popular with people who get huge subsidies or have pre existing conditions. The rest of us think it sucks. You defend an idea...not an actual thing! The idea is what you adore...the actual thing, you ignore!

Yes we never expect ill health or an accident, but it just happens, you plan to play golf tomorrow, and I do hope you are able to.

and everything that goes with it. They have 22 seats and that is why they are chickenshit to do it now, as the ACA is popular even with Republicans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Senate has 53 Republicans and 47 Democrats (including two independents). There are 34 seats up in 2020 - including a special election in Arizona - of which 22 are held by the GOP. Democrats will need to gain 3 or 4 seats to take control.

and

But the 2020 map is seen as more challenging, and many in the GOP can’t understand why Trump would plunge them into a fight over health care just as he was surfing a wave of good news brought by the end of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

“It doesn’t seem to make sense politically,” said one Republican senator, who questioned why Trump would give Democrats a new avenue of attack.

Another Republican senator said, “We would be crazy to try to go through what we went through again,” referring to the failed 2017 effort to repeal ObamaCare, which fell one vote short in the Senate.

A third Republican senator expressed hope that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) will join House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in pressing Trump to back off his aggressive push to defeat the 2010 health care law in court.

This is why I say we need to elect people not parties to serve us in government. What we have are people who's only interest is keeping their fat ass planted in their seat instead of doing what we pay them to do and serve our best interests. I'm sick and tired of being pandered to and someone trying to buy my vote on the cheap instead of being represented by someone with a brain and guts enough to do what's in OUR best interests for the future well being of the nation. That means no one with socalist notions of any kind need apply. Socalism simply has never and will never ever work except to destroy our nation.

I suspect you are not going to accept medicare or even va hand outs, right?? That goes for SS as well.

None of those things are "hand outs", Penelope! We pay for Social Security and Medicare through taxes we contribute over the entire course of our working lives!

Mitch McConnell says deficit ballooned because of Social Security, Medicare, not Republican Tax Cuts

After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
I read they think of raising Medicare to 70. And lord only knows what they think about raising SS to.

McConnell is completely correct. We will never tax our way out of the deficit. We need to address exploding costs of all of our entitlement programs. We've got a leaking bucket. You liberals only see the need to pour more water into the bucket. Conservative want to fix the leaks.

Let them do away with it.
Let's see how the American people respond to them doing that.

and

McConnell is completely correct. We will never tax our way out of the deficit. We need to address exploding costs of all of our entitlement programs. We've got a leaking bucket. You liberals only see the need to pour more water into the bucket. Conservative want to fix the leaks.

Excuse me, as I'm not worried about it, as Republicans never are unless like I said the Dems are in charge.

They gave themselves a big whopping tax cut , so how concerned are they about it??

Yes we never expect ill health or an accident, but it just happens, you plan to play golf tomorrow, and I do hope you are able to.

If an accident happens...or ill health...I'll go to the doctor and my health insurance plan will cover it (after my deductible of course!). That isn't the debate. The debate is why MY costs have gone up while my coverage has shrunk so that someone else can be covered for less! That isn't healthcare reform...it's income redistribution!

In 2017:

Nancy Pelosi: "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

In 2020:

Nancy Pelosi:"We still have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

the-affordable-care-act-has-been-the-law-for-3-5569088.png
Trump 2017 - “Nobody knew heathcare could be so complicated”

Stupidest motherfucker alive

Excuse me, as I'm not worried about it, as Republicans never are unless like I said the Dems are in charge.

They gave themselves a big whopping tax cut , so how concerned are they about it??

A tax cut that has stimulated the economy to the point where our revenues haven't decreased at all?

On NBC News’ Meet the Press Sunday morning, host David Gregory resurrected a favorite right-wing attack on the Affordable Care Act, asking House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to defend her 2010 comment that

“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.”
The Context Behind Nancy Pelosi’s Famous ‘We Have to Pass the Bill’ Quote
----------------------------------------------------------
republicans always forget the last part.

Of course it's "controversial", Penelope! When you're making sweeping changes to something that affects 1/6th of our economy but nobody knows what's in your bill...OF COURSE THAT'S GOING TO CAUSE CONTROVERSY!!!

It was a ridiculous statement by Pelosi when she made it...and you just come across as clueless when you try and put it into a context where it's NOT ridiculous!

The republicans have been trying to destroy it since inception. Now answer me this, is how you cheap Republican led states do not expand Medicaid, like Texas the no 1 state in the US and the US is the no 1 country in the developed world with the highest maternal mortality. They should be ashamed of themselves but they don't give a rip. You republicans are the most inhumane creatures on the face of the earth.
Got to love that whole argument. California is supposed to be the greatest economic powerhouse in the U.S. some even claim that it is the fifth largest economy in the world. Yet Democrats are doing such a good job it is Trillions of dollars in debt. People are using the sidewalks for toilets. The high speed rail will never be completed though how many millions of dollars have been wasted? They pinned hopes on taxing texts to increase their money. Then you claim what about a state that is not in the same economy?

This isn't about CA, this is about the ACA and if we spend trillions on the military we can take a bit out and provide healthcare subsidies.

A person should pay for health ins according to income. Or get completely rid of the middle man the CEO's make mulit millions a year, then we can have universal healthcare.
You are all over the map like some crazy frog. You bring up Medicare as if it is equal to ACA. Medicare does not require you to purchase any insurance or even a so called minimum insurance level.
You bring up Texas then when somone brings up California you claim this is not about California. Well it was not about Texas until you brought it up.
Pick something and stick with it or be prepared to talk about anything.

We already tried to drop debt spending by defunding the military. Remember that?
Medicare is paid for long before it is used. Some die long before they even use it.
Where is there any guarantee to medical care or paid medical insurance written down? Are we to supply housing, car insurance next.

Held what back? You liberals rammed that bill through despite opposition from the GOP. The architect of the ACA candidly admitted that they lied to get it passed because they didn't think the American people were smart enough to understand what it was. You're living proof that he was right!
"RAMMING?!!??" Damn thing took over 2 years.

That's an incredibly slow place for "ramming."

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

In 2017:

In 2020:

When you're trying to fix something that someone else has deliberately set up so you can't fix it...it get's complicated!

In 2017:

In 2020:

When you're trying to fix something that someone else has deliberately set up so you can't fix it...it get's complicated!
Fix?! LOL!!! You fuckers have spent almost 10 years waging total war and sabotage against the ACA. Fix, my ass. And still, it refuses to “collapse on its own.” Too stupid.

They will wait till after the election. They won't dare do it before.
I honestly hope they do.

That will be their final overreach.

Americans are so damn dumb, they need to feel the pain, before they do the right thing.

I want Republicans to bring the pain.

Fix?! LOL!!! You fuckers have spent almost 10 years waging total war and sabotage against the ACA. Fix, my ass. And still, it refuses to “collapse on its own.” Too stupid.
Half the Republicans on USMB are saying to rip it from top to bottom, half are saying it needs to "fix." You even got some palookas saying to leave things alone, as in, as it was before Obamacare.

They're all lying, because none of them correct the other one. They're just anti-democrat.

I want to see them destroy it, so I can see what the American people will do in response.

They will wait till after the election. They won't dare do it before.
I honestly hope they do.

That will be their final overreach.

Americans are so damn dumb, they need to feel the pain, before they do the right thing.

I want Republicans to bring the pain.

I hope they do as well, but we have to make Tramp if re-elected a lame president.

In 2017:

In 2020:

Government programs don't "collapse"...if they cost way too much to be feasible...we just tack on billions to the deficit! It's the dysfunctional way that our Federal Government functions!

Half the Republicans on USMB are saying to rip it from top to bottom, half are saying it needs to "fix." You even got some palookas saying to leave things alone, as in, as it was before Obamacare.

They're all lying, because none of them correct the other one. They're just anti-democrat.

I want to see them destroy it, so I can see what the American people will do in response.

Perhaps you are right, take it all away, like tramp wanted to do. He should make an executive decision on that, since he has boycotted congress for many things. I do wish he would.

Forum List

Back