If the Pope Dies, and goes to Hell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathianne said:
Actually, I gotta say if someone asked me before going I'd say, "No, we believe communion is different than you do." Would I tell someone, "Hey No! You can't receive?" No. You know the difference between belief systems, so I guess it's make up your own mind.

Thanks, Kathianne!

Said1 said:
I fall in line with P's way of thinking when it comes to religion, therefore my beliefs are not strong and I'm unsure. On the other hand, I do have spiritual beliefs that I KNOW are right, even if there are those who don't agree. The same as the so called "thumpers". They're just different. :)

Me too! Not saying that I'm 'unsure' of what I believe, but with the exception of salvation through Christ, belief in the Trinity, and a few other points, well who am I to say? If someone wants to get baptized 2, 3, 100 times, I really don't see what it would hurt, I see it as kind of asking for 'extra attention' from the Spirit. On the other hand, my Church doesn't do that. If you have been baptized in Christ and decide to convert to Catholocism, you are only confirmed, not baptized again.

mom4 said:
The word "believe" means to hold something as "more true" than something else. Saying you may be wrong when you don't believe you are wrong is... okay, here's the inflammatory word... hypocritical. :fifty:

No offense.
I don't think it's hypocritical at all to admit we are human and may be wrong.
The alternative, as I see it, is living with blinders on and a finger in each ear.

I have no idea if I'm really right in my beliefs, but that doesn't mean I don't have beliefs, and it doesn't mean I'm wrong. Who am I to say that my beliefs are the correct beliefs and others are wrong? Are my beliefs the correct beliefs just because that's what I believe? Now, what I can do is try an persuade people I'm right, but how to do that? Slap a book or writing in front of them and say "this is why I'm right"? No, I think the best course is to persuade by living my belief not vocally trumpeting it, living it is much louder than any trumpet anyway, and people do notice.

Now if that's hypocrisy...I am a hypocrite.

No offense taken..

Kathianne said:
Darin, question on the table is it your belief that only 'born again' Evangelicals enter heaven? I'm assuming you are paraphrasing above, can you give the Chapter and verse that you are refering to? Thanks.

Again - how can I be more clear???

Regardless of the group one affiliates, they will 'go to heaven' if they've met Christ's 'requirements'.

I didn't paraphrase - I explained what scripture teaches about 'salvation'...those scriptures were already quoted verbatim, in this thread. :)

Bullypulpit said:
Unfortunately, -=d=- is one of those "buffet" Christians who takes a little of this, and a bit of that, regardless of the context, so long as it agrees with HIS notion of what it means to be a Christian.

-=d=- certainly doesn't need me to defend him, but since I actually know him from outside the board, I will tell you that he is most definitely a Bible believing Christian, not the "buffet" style Christian you falsely attempt to characterize him as. Just because -=d=- has an opinion that differs from your notion of what it means to be a Christian doesn't mean that he is automatically wrong. In fact, by appealing to Scripture, I think he is standing on the firmest grounds possible.

So get off your high horse and quit judging people's religious fervor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back