If the Pope Dies, and goes to Hell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
gop_jeff said:
What would make you think he hasn't found Christ?

Well, his kissing a Q'ran and his allowing himself to be "blessed" by a Hindu Shiva (sp?) give me pause.....

gop_jeff said:
What would make you think he hasn't found Christ?

Nothing makes me think he has or has not. I don't know the man. I do know that if 'darin' belonged to an organization where he climbed high enough to have his spoken word considered equal in value to that of the bible, I'd have 2nd thoughts about belonging. Now, there are times when darin DOES have spoken word equal to the bible - when darin's 'quoting' the bible.

freeandfun1 said:
Well, his kissing a Q'ran and his allowing himself to be "blessed" by a Hindu Shiva (sp?) give me pause.....

I've been to a Buddhist temple... doesn't mean I didn't/don't believe in Christ. I find it hard to believe that the leader of Catholicism doesn't believe in the Person whom he is supposed to represent on earth (according to Catholic doctrine).

gop_jeff said:
I've been to a Buddhist temple... doesn't mean I didn't/don't believe in Christ. I find it hard to believe that the leader of Catholicism doesn't believe in the Person whom he is supposed to represent on earth (according to Catholic doctrine).

There is no comparison.

First off, kissing the Q'ran.... is he equating Islam with Christianity? They do not believe in Christ.

Allowing himself to be blessed by a Hindu Shiva.... He is supposed to be G-d' representative on earth. How can G-d be blessed by the representative of another "god".

You're not the pope. He is.

freeandfun1 said:
There is no comparison.

First off, kissing the Q'ran.... is he equating Islam with Christianity? They do not believe in Christ.

Allowing himself to be blessed by a Hindu Shiva.... He is supposed to be G-d' representative on earth. How can G-d be blessed by the representative of another "god".

I can't tell you why the Pope decided to kiss the Quran, or why he allowed himself to be blessed by a Hindu. For all I know, they were political/ecumenical actions. But he can answer to God for those actions. I have no reason to believe that the Pope is not a Christian - in fact, I would need to see some very hard evidence that he rejected Christ.

-=d=- said:
can you imagine the serious "WTF????" look on his face?

:(

I hope he's found Christ...or does soon.

You don't know a thing about Pope John Paul II, do you?

freeandfun1 said:
There is no comparison.

as a dying act he is showing that even the pope can accept others that do not share his views and openly oppose him

the leaders of the free world should be so selfless

gop_jeff said:
I can't tell you why the Pope decided to kiss the Quran, or why he allowed himself to be blessed by a Hindu. For all I know, they were political/ecumenical actions. But he can answer to God for those actions. I have no reason to believe that the Pope is not a Christian - in fact, I would need to see some very hard evidence that he rejected Christ.

To be fair (to me), I said those actions give me "pause". I did not say they make me think he hasn't accepted Christ. I just think neither of those actions were proper considering those actions could be construed by others as him recognizing those religions as being legit or even equal to Christianity. I don't know about you, but last I understood, we are to have "No other G-d's before Him".

manu1959 said:
as a dying act he is showing that even the pope can accept others that do not share his views and openly oppose him

the leaders of the free world should be so selfless

You can accept the person, but not the religion. There is but ONE G-d and ONE saviour. Period. Anybody that thinks otherwise is not following Christian doctrine.

gop_jeff said:

"Many will come in that day and say, Lord! Did we not heal the sick? Did we not preach your word?. God will say "Get away from me, into everlasting darkness, you workers of sin"

I'm saying this:

Darin doesn't know the Pope. Darin hasn't Met the Pope. Darin 'does' know a bit about Christ and what the Bible teaches us. Darin was reflecting how horrible it'd be if somebody who is thought so highly of were to die, never knowing what true salvation in Christ means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back