If the GOP is so good at ending poverty, then explain Appalachia. Or even Red States.

They would not be underfunded if not for Obama's war on coal.
Automation, greenhouse gases and a dwindling market. This is why coal is failing. Obama is just a scapegoat.

I live in coal country and I have seen coal jobs disappear long before Obama became president. And when the jobs dried up, so did the tax base.

Yeah, that why after Obama's rules went away the coal mines are reopening and doing better. Do try to keep up. Educating liberals is becoming a full time job for me and I just retired from teaching.
Precisely how many more miners are working today?

And coal jobs? Trump wants to take away health care and provide jobs by slapping a shovel in folk's hands. He wants to eliminate the EPA while we have to live beside impoundment reservoirs.

With leadership like that, who needs enemies?

Trump gave people a choice
Yeah. Die in a mine or die from the pollution. And do it uninsured.

Why would they not have insurance?

How do you quantify that? Do you add up all the schools reaching English as a second language and then divide that by the number of under funded schools in rural West Virginia?

Automation, greenhouse gases and a dwindling market. This is why coal is failing. Obama is just a scapegoat.

I live in coal country and I have seen coal jobs disappear long before Obama became president. And when the jobs dried up, so did the tax base.

Yeah, that why after Obama's rules went away the coal mines are reopening and doing better. Do try to keep up. Educating liberals is becoming a full time job for me and I just retired from teaching.

And coal jobs? Trump wants to take away health care and provide jobs by slapping a shovel in folk's hands. He wants to eliminate the EPA while we have to live beside impoundment reservoirs.

Not my job to educate you libtard!
Nice deflection!

It's a choice, we can't save you from bad personal choices in life..

Pay for your own health care

"Repeal and replace!"

"Repeal and replace!"

More bullshit? Do you buy in bulk or have a cattle rancher that supplies it to you?

"Repeal and replace!"

Simple mind?

It's ok

"Repeal and replace!"

More bullshit? Do you buy in bulk or have a cattle rancher that supplies it to you?

She is fat

Republicans, even at the USMB, constantly attack Democrats over poverty.

But look at where the bulk of the poor in the United States live. In Appalachia. The largest depressed area in the United States covering 13 Red States.

Study: Infant mortality up, life expectancy down in Appalachia

The Cycle of Poverty in Appalachia Continues

A View From Appalachia: Living Below The Poverty Line

It was Appalachia that put Trump over the top.
Ironically, it's been Democrats in Blue States who have actually benefited the most from Trump's policies.

If the Republican base is so lost in poverty, why do Republicans believe they know the way out of poverty?

Politicians can't end poverty, but they can surely create poverty.

Politician can't force people to learn something of market value, and then provide them jobs for those skills. Politicians don't create jobs, or force people to educate themselves.

Only people can choose to learn something of value. Only business owners can create jobs.

So neither party can "end poverty". That is a ridiculous and stupid argument to even make.

No one can stop poverty in Appalachia.

Now all that said, politicians can certainly create poverty. That's easy to do.

Increase taxes. Increase regulations. Foster a support of criminality, and attack law enforcement. Attack and resent business owners that create jobs. Drive business out with "head taxes on Amazon", and reduce profitability of business with higher minimum wage laws. Offer public assistance so that people don't feel motivated to improve their own lives.

All of these things politicians can do, that will increase poverty and reduce economic growth.

It will also beg the question of what you consider “success”
That is easy enough:
  • No debt or minimal debt
  • Minimal crime
  • Low unemployment
  • Low taxes
  • Maximum liberty
  • No dilapidated roads or buildings
Excellent, so which cities would you point to as an example of how GOP leadership has proven success

Only 14 cities out of the top 50 in terms of populations have Republican mayors. That's 28% for those of you poor at math.

Your definition of success is totally arbitrary, don't you think?

Quiet Jed....It's just business
large_GettyImages-537425654.jpg

That is easy enough:
  • Minimal crime
  • Low unemployment
  • Low taxes
  • Maximum liberty
Excellent, so which cities would you point to as an example of how GOP leadership has proven success

Only 14 cities out of the top 50 in terms of populations have Republican mayors. That's 28% for those of you poor at math.

Your definition of success is totally arbitrary, don't you think?
Yeah, that’s why I asked Patriot to state what he defines as success which he responded to. You having a hard time keeping up Troy?

It is amazing how you are incapable of being honest about anything. MaObama and the Dumbocrats launched a war on coal. A major war on coal. And they didn’t do it because they give a fuck about the environment. They did it because it lined the pockets of their friends, their donors, and themselves via the “green energy” sector.

Yeah. Die in a mine or die from the pollution.
If I have to listen to one more idiot progressive try to elicit an emotional response from people to cover up their complete lack of logic and reason, my head might explode.

All you people do is cry “people are dying”. That our “but...but....the children” even though you idiots love abortion. Nobody is “dying” and the children are just fine. You can’t defend your failed policies.

That is easy enough:
  • Minimal crime
  • Low unemployment
  • Low taxes
  • Maximum liberty
Well I have quite a few. But I suspect you will just declare they are “not major”.

That is easy enough:
  • Minimal crime
  • Low unemployment
  • Low taxes
  • Maximum liberty
Well I have quite a few. But I suspect you will just declare they are “not major”.
That’s fine... give me a couple of the larger ones so I can look into them

That is easy enough:
  • Minimal crime
  • Low unemployment
  • Low taxes
  • Maximum liberty
You still waiting for the names of those cities? I know I am.

Republicans, even at the USMB, constantly attack Democrats over poverty.

But look at where the bulk of the poor in the United States live. In Appalachia. The largest depressed area in the United States covering 13 Red States.

Study: Infant mortality up, life expectancy down in Appalachia

The Cycle of Poverty in Appalachia Continues

A View From Appalachia: Living Below The Poverty Line

It was Appalachia that put Trump over the top.
Ironically, it's been Democrats in Blue States who have actually benefited the most from Trump's policies.

If the Republican base is so lost in poverty, why do Republicans believe they know the way out of poverty?

I see you're back to spamming anti GOP and Trump strings, R-Derp! Is it slowly dawning on even you that the Democrats are in deep shit with the coming election? That they might not pick up seats at all but might lose them instead?

You still waiting for the names of those cities? I know I am.
Oh...my apologies gentlemen. I missed Slade3200 previous post somehow. Here is a list for you:

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Arlington, Texas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Omaha, Nebraska
Aurora, Colorado

Forum List

Back