If The Economy Is Improving….

Piss off with your superiority bit over me. I have been looking around and I don't like a lot of what I see, but that doesn't mean I have to come to the same conclusion and I don't.

superiority? If telling you to open your eyes and look around you makes you think I am trying to be superior to you you are a lost cause. I'm trying to help you open your eyes before it's too late.

Yeah, you were also being a birther in another thread. Spare me.
Translation: "I lost the argument so I have to deflect to another thread"...

Wussy.

User move-ins to single-family residences climbed to 1,230 in South Florida

Party time!!!! :lol:
Is that Section 8 housing?

I love hearing all about my business from the left. ITS SO ACCURATE :lol:

icon14.gif

Plus, just for the record, some of the claims in the article are neither good or bad things.

For example:

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of self-employed Americans fallen by more than 2 million since 2006?

If the economy is getting better, then why did an all-time record low percentage of U.S. teens have a job last summer?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average age of a vehicle in America now sitting at an all-time high?

If the economy is getting better, then why are 19 percent of all American men between the ages of 25 and 34 living with their parents?

To all of those I would answer "So what?"
opinion pieces and links to charts a year old.

Which one is opinion pieces again?
I noticed you copied and paste the question but you did not do that with the link?
For example
If the economy is getting better, then why did new home sales in the United States hit a brand new all-time record low during 2011?
New-home sales dropped in December - Jan. 26, 2012

If the economy is getting better, then why are there 6 million less jobs in America today than there were before the recession started?
The Worst Economic Recovery Since The Great Depression - Forbes

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average duration of unemployment in this country close to an all-time record high?
Average (Mean) Duration of Unemployment (UEMPMEAN) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of homeless female veterans more than doubled?
U.S. News - Number of homeless female veterans more than doubles

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps increased by 3 million since this time last year and by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House?

SNAP Monthly Data

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of children living in poverty in America risen for four years in a row?
2011 Child Well-Being Index (CWI) | Foundation for Child Development

If the economy is getting better, then why is the percentage of Americans living in "extreme poverty" at an all-time high?
Extreme Poverty Is Now At Record Levels – 19 Statistics About The Poor That Will Absolutely Astound You

If the economy is getting better, then why do only 23 percent of American companies plan to hire more employees in 2012?
Less than a quarter of companies to hire in 2012: CareerBuilder - latimes.com

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average age of a vehicle in America now sitting at an all-time high?

Average age of U.S. vehicles is now 10.8 years

If the economy is getting better, then why are 18 percent of all homes in the state of Florida currently sitting vacant?
Nearly 20% of Florida homes are vacant - Mar. 18, 2011

If the economy is getting better, then why are 19 percent of all American men between the ages of 25 and 34 living with their parents?
Living with the folks - Nov. 4, 2011

If the economy is getting better, then why does the number of "long-term unemployed workers" stay so high? When Barack Obama first took office, the number of "long-term unemployed workers" in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

You didn't answer my question.

Do you think the links in that article are evidence of a worsening economy?
You must be braindead!

Still won't answer the question I see. Ok coward. I'll help out and get more specific.

SNAP Monthly Data

Link for one of the sources in your article. It shows a chart of people receiving food stamps. It also shows that the increases have been slowing year over year since Bush left office and that in fact, the past 3 months have seen a decline in the total number.

So, how does a decline in the total number of people receiving food stamps mean the economy is getting worse?

What decline in numbers of people receiving food stamps? There's an all time record of people receiving them 64 million people.

Do you need help reading your own links?

What was the total in Sept 2011? What is the total in November of 2011?

Which number is higher?

You're saying 0.2 shows recovery? Thats not even 1% drop. And in Nov 2011 we were higher than nov 2010
About 46.134 million Americans received aid in November of 2011, down 0.2 percent from USDA's revised 46.228 million for October. The government spent $6.22 billion on the program for November, up from $5.8 billion in 2010. Participation in November of 2011 was 5.8 percent higher than a year earlier.

Obama Foodorama: USDA: Food Stamp Numbers Down

What did Obama do to help improve the economy???

Nothing.

That's why it's improving.

He's hasn't been able to sign any new bills for awhile other than tax-cut extensions.

I figured once the GOP took back the House it would stop Obama from pushing his agenda down our throats. I also knew that if you leave the economy alone it would show some improvement. And of course Obama would act like he had something to do with it.

Hard to argue with a liar when the media keeps backing him up.

Last edited:
What decline in numbers of people receiving food stamps? There's an all time record of people receiving them 64 million people.

Which number is higher?

You're saying 0.2 shows recovery? Thats not even 1% drop. And in Nov 2011 we were higher than nov 2010
About 46.134 million Americans received aid in November of 2011, down 0.2 percent from USDA's revised 46.228 million for October. The government spent $6.22 billion on the program for November, up from $5.8 billion in 2010. Participation in November of 2011 was 5.8 percent higher than a year earlier.

No. I'm not. I've never said that. Never hinted it. Never implied it.

I'm merely asking you to explain how a drop in food stamp recipients shows the economy is worsening? How does fewer vacant homes show the economy is worsening? How does the highest job numbers in years show the economy is worsening? How does increasing GDP show the economy is worsening? How does a lower projected deficit show the economy is worsening?

But you never answer. Which means either you're a coward or you don't know and are just repeating what someone told you. Dude, don't be stupid.

The Democrats attitude and modus operandi with the economy, from Harry Reid, who himself declared regulations are stimulatory in and of themselves, on down, is to go out and tax the economy till the point they think they have killed it, then regulate the economy till it reaches the point they think they have killed it, then congratulate themselves, while extolling their innate wisdom and virtue, when it somehow starts to show some signs of life.
Obama's efforts with the economy remind one of the farmer who has already tied one on early in the day then hitches up the mule to try to start plowing the south forty when the mule decides he's had enough of the abuse and balks. The farmer, drunk as a skunk, rapidly loses any patience with the mule and begins beating it with a length of 2x4, then decides he's had enough of the stubborn animal, gets a kitchen knife and stabs it a few times. When the mule doesn't fall down, he goes back to the house and gets the squirrel gun and pumps a few rounds into her at which point the mule obligingly falls down. In the morning after sobering up and feeling some remorse at his behavior the farmer goes out to check the mule and finding it still alive, runs back to the farmhouse yelling to his wife: 'Hey Maw! Looks like I can still plow the south fourty today, that ole mule, she's still kickin".
Valerie Jarrett, friend, confidante, and close long time advisor to the president showed her skills on a flight along with some Generals, when her wine consumption overrode her cognitive ability and she began demanding the Generals fetch her some more wine. "More wine, General!"
The Chicago Way.

you can't believe anything the government tells you especially in an election year. We are still having lay offs and home sales are in a slump so if it's getting better I don't see it.

Which number is higher?

I'm merely asking you to explain how a drop in food stamp recipients shows the economy is worsening? How does fewer vacant homes show the economy is worsening? How does the highest job numbers in years show the economy is worsening? How does increasing GDP show the economy is worsening? How does a lower projected deficit show the economy is worsening?

But you never answer. Which means either you're a coward or you don't know and are just repeating what someone told you. Dude, don't be stupid.

0.2% drop is nothing to discuss it means nothing. it's not a recovery but since you want to use it as a means to debunk what was sited in those other source you must think it's some victory of recovery or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

0.2% drop is nothing to discuss it means nothing. it's not a recovery but since you want to use it as a means to debunk what was sited in those other source you must think it's some victory of recovery or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

0.2% drop looks alot like the rise in GDP under the Obama Regime...I wonder why?

heh heh. Ok. Ok. I'll leave you alone. The fact that you are once again claiming I said something that I didn't, and everyone can see I didn't, pretty much proves my point that you don't know what you're talking about. Or you're too scared. Either way, doesn't matter.

Honestly though, you are choosing to be ignorant on this subject. You really need to read more and read more current pieces. You'll see that we are recovering and that the bottom is not about to drop out.

What did Obama do to help improve the economy???

Nothing.

That's why it's improving.

He's hasn't been able to sign any new bills for awhile other than tax-cut extensions.

I figured once the GOP took back the House it would stop Obama from pushing his agenda down our throats. I also knew that if you leave the economy alone it would show some improvement. And of course Obama would act like he had something to do with it.

Hard to argue with a liar when the media keeps backing him up.
Statists always take credit for policies/actions they were against. (Especially if it makes them look good).

heh heh. Ok. Ok. I'll leave you alone. The fact that you are once again claiming I said something that I didn't, and everyone can see I didn't, pretty much proves my point that you don't know what you're talking about. Or you're too scared. Either way, doesn't matter.

Honestly though, you are choosing to be ignorant on this subject. You really need to read more and read more current pieces. You'll see that we are recovering and that the bottom is not about to drop out.

I see you have a comprehension problem the answer I gave you should have been self explanatory here let's discuss what I said

0.2% drop is nothing to discuss it means nothing.
That means exactly what it says.

it's not a recovery but since you want to use it as a means to debunk what was sited in those other source you must think it's some victory of recovery or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

Means you never would have mentioned that if you thought it wouldn't have helped your case. It didn't

I see you have a comprehension problem the answer I gave you should have been self explanatory here let's discuss what I said

0.2% drop is nothing to discuss it means nothing.

it's not a recovery but since you want to use it as a means to debunk what was sited in those other source you must think it's some victory of recovery or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

Means you never would have mentioned that if you thought it wouldn't have helped your case. It didn't

I understood the answer you gave. I just think it's funny you trying to put words in my mouth when we're on a forum where everyone can clearly see what I wrote. But hey, if that's the only way you can discuss this topic, ok. Have fun. But attacking me for things I didn't say, is not the same as you proving your opinion with evidence, something you have still not even attempted to do.

I understood the answer you gave. I just think it's funny you trying to put words in my mouth when we're on a forum where everyone can clearly see what I wrote. But hey, if that's the only way you can discuss this topic, ok. Have fun. But attacking me for things I didn't say, is not the same as you proving your opinion with evidence, something you have still not even attempted to do.

It's called implied intent. Your intent in pointing out 0.2% is implying that it means something which it does not.

Forum List

Back