If The Democrats Had Run a Sarah Palin for VP

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha - From the RNC and their supporters on this Board.

Here's even more stupider stuff:

The 2008 presidential election is less than two weeks away. But that's old news. Let's talk about who's going to run in 2012, shall we?

Andrew Romano of Newsweek speculates that Gov. Sarah Palin may be gearing up for a run at the White House in four short years. The blogger acknowledges that the idea might seem a bit wacky at first glance. However, he cites several examples of Palin disagreeing with her running mate, John McCain, that support his theory. To name but a few, Gov. Palin has publicly disagreed with Sen. McCain on North Korea, gay marriage, and those oh-so-irritating robo-calls. Romano writes that it's almost as if Palin is putting herself in a position where she can say, "It wasn't my fault," should the Obama-Biden ticket prevail.

But that's not all. According to several sources within the Buzz, various Republicans are "considering" Palin as a 2012 presidential candidate. The Daily Telegraph speculates that "Ms Palin seems to be positioning herself for a long future on the national scene." The Washington Post writes: "Like her or hate her, Palin remains VERY much in the mix as a 2012 candidate."

Of course, there hasn't been any official announcement. Still, it's worth noting that searches on a possible Palin presidency are already picking up steam. We're not sure if the lookups are sincere or ironic, but "palin 2012," "sarah palin for president," and "palin for president stickers" are all making noise.

In short, 2012 may be four years away, but it's already looking like Caribou Barbie has enough buzz to make another play, should she and McCain fall short in '08.

I weap for the GOP.

When I was a kid the GOP was the party of intellectuals and ideas and noble patriotic sentiments.

Most of the Lafayette college professor parents of my boyhood chums were true blue GOP loyals when I was kid, for example.

All of the richer kids parents were GOPers, too, but they didn't sound anything like Palin and they're have been appauled by the GOP's selection of someone like her for major office.

Sarah might have been allowed to serve coffee to that crowd, but only if she kept her mouth shut.

In her interview with Brian Reynolds? she was more dominant than Grampa. She really seems to be using the old geezer to launch her career to greater heights. McCain had to correct her several times and he looked a little pissed, but Sarah seems in control.

I would only hope they run her. Another four years of Dem whitehouse.

In her interview with Brian Reynolds? she was more dominant than Grampa. She really seems to be using the old geezer to launch her career to greater heights. McCain had to correct her several times and he looked a little pissed, but Sarah seems in control.

I would only hope they run her. Another four years of Dem whitehouse.

Don't be so sure of that.

Obama doesn't have any real answers, Rayboy.

the problems are so fundamental that it would take turning around a course that this nation has been on for over thirty years to really fix this economy.

The American people are very hopeful right now, but even if Obama hired me as his economic advisor he couldn't get the necessary legislation through Congress...not even with a Democratically controlled Congress.

If you don't undertstand what this FIX that congress just passed really means, let me lay it out for you.

It means MORE OF SAME.

You get it??

The Insiders are STILL in control.

No way in hell Obama can reduce taxes, give health care to all, put people to work UNLESS we change the way we practice TRADE POLICIES.

These stupid stupidly anti-American laws, are bankrupting this once great and WEALTHY nation.

I don't think anyone really knows what the actual fixes that would work are. Greenspan played the role of let's play with the interest rate. Reagan gave us trickle down.

This systems is so complex and there are so many variables and we never have any constancy of purpose. How can you fix something if every four to eight years you change course?

But, my point is that Sarah is not the answer unless the way to fix it is the Chaos Theory.

Don't be so sure of that.

Obama doesn't have any real answers, Rayboy.

the problems are so fundamental that it would take turning around a course that this nation has been on for over thirty years to really fix this economy.

The American people are very hopeful right now, but even if Obama hired me as his economic advisor he couldn't get the necessary legislation through Congress...not even with a Democratically controlled Congress.

If you don't undertstand what this FIX that congress just passed really means, let me lay it out for you.

It means MORE OF SAME.

You get it??

The Insiders are STILL in control.

No way in hell Obama can reduce taxes, give health care to all, put people to work UNLESS we change the way we practice TRADE POLICIES.

These stupid stupidly anti-American laws, are bankrupting this once great and WEALTHY nation.

Ridiculous.

The solutions are quite simple, and they don't envolve trade policy. We need to get out of Iraq, that saves us $200 billion a year. We need to raise taxes on the rich, that will make another $200 billion. We need to put in fuel efficiency standards for cars, and we need to develop alternative energy and a single payer healthcare system. Fuel efficiency standards will help us in the future, and a single payer healthcare system will save us money and make for a better society.

New Topics

Forum List

Back