If the Debt Ceiling isn't raised, & a default results, who will the public blame?

If the Debt Ceiling isn't raised, & a default results, who will the public blame?

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
If the Debt Ceiling isn't raised, & a default (or a partial default) is the result, who will the American public blame? I'm not asking for a partisan answer because obviously partisans will blame the opposition. I'm referring to independents, moderates, and people who are generally apolitical. They are the ones who will determine how any failure is viewed by a majority of Americans

If the Debt Ceiling isn't raised, & a default (or a partial default) is the result, who will the American public blame? I'm not asking for a partisan answer because obviously partisans will blame the opposition. I'm referring to independents, moderates, and people who are generally apolitical. They are the ones who will determine how any failure is viewed by a majority of Americans

George Bush of course.

:lol:

What the hell is up the nut's always seeking someone to "blame" something on? Christ reading some of these posts reminds me of my children.

Well you can't blame dems if they want the debt ceiling raised and Retards stop it from happening, and that results in default.

There won't be a default.

There will be real cuts....And it'll be about time.

i really hope so. if this isn't a clear indicator that we need to make serious cuts I don't know what is. We need to go beyond cuts, we need to trim waste and corruption. I just rean two govt employees got nailed for stealing $8 million in food stamps and selling them to friends and family members. waste and corruption in government is out of control

Well you can't blame dems if they want the debt ceiling raised and Retards stop it from happening, and that results in default.

I'd gladly take the blame for not plunging the country another $1,000,000,000,000+ in debt. Anyhoo, didn't you guys tell us SS was fine? Now, it;s we need another $1,000,000,000,000 of borrowed money just to make current payments? Which is it, is it broke or is it fine?

What the hell is up the nut's always seeking someone to "blame" something on? Christ reading some of these posts reminds me of my children.

Thats how we judge the competition between the parties.

I'd gladly take the blame for not plunging the country another $1,000,000,000,000+ in debt. Anyhoo, didn't you guys tell us SS was fine? Now, it;s we need another $1,000,000,000,000 of borrowed money just to make current payments? Which is it, is it broke or is it fine?

Plunging the country into debt was the republican ideal & means to stopping social programs. That idea back fired when Obama said we can spend like drunken sailors on the people like cons spend on corporations & big business.

The rest of your BS is a diversion.

There's no need to fear.

A cool head among the paranoid crowds. The Christians are also cool, they know god will protect them and keep them safe from economic terrorism.

Did you put some beef into that mail box?

Last edited:

Plunging the country into debt was the republican ideal & means to stopping social programs. That idea back fired when Obama said we can spend like drunken sailors on the people like cons spend on corporations & big business.

Speaking of diversions.... is SS fine or is it broke? You're liberal brethren have claimed both, like, simultaneously.

only obama isn't spending like a drunken sailor on the people. how much of that pork laden stimulus package actually reached the people

only obama isn't spending like a drunken sailor on the people. how much of that pork laden stimulus package actually reached the people

On average, people are getting an extra $12/week... which ironically, is because Obama reduced contributions to the SS fund.

Yee Dawg!

it;s we need another $1,000,000,000,000 of borrowed money just to make current payments? Which is it, is it broke or is it fine?

SS is fine, in the same sense that your savings account at your bank is fine: Fine unless there's a bank run or borrowers no longer pay their loans, in which case you can't be repaid.

Forum List

Back