If the bailout passes, this country dies

Discussion in 'Economy' started by VOY, Sep 30, 2008.

1. VOY

VOY Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know how many others can see the catastrophic situation we're about to put ourselves in, but I'm hoping like hell that the ones who actually vote on this thing are some of them.

This bill will do absolutely NOTHING to save us from the situation we're in, only delay it, and not even for that long. We're talking months, maybe a year or two, before everything comes crashing down hard. This bill does not get rid of the Community Reinvestment Act, it does not get rid of the far left liberals who played a very significant role in getting us into this miss with all of their passed laws to help get all of the bums of this country into houses, and it does not get rid of the lenders who absolutely destroyed the credit market with their terrible loan practices (which were not only encouraged but nearly coerced by the liberal government).

In the end, we'll simply be in the same exact spot we are now, only with $700 billion less and $4 trillion more national debt (and that's just to start).

If this bill passes, it will be the end of America as a superpower forever, possibly even the end of America as any kind of power.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. VOY

VOY Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you're not convinced yet, think about this one simple fact: The $700 bailout plan is not being proposed in order to save actual real money being lost. The plan is designed to save this nation's credit! I.E. we're only simply trying to save our continued ability to borrow against even more money we don't have! How in the world can anyone possibly think this is a good idea??

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Clipboard Guy! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,745
    Which we will continue to do after this bill passes. You're absolutely right! The mechanisms that put us here have to be addressed and I don't see that happening in Congress.

4. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I am for it. Time for real change. Get rid of the Federal Gov't, end the corruption of special interests.

5. VOY

VOY Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    How do you think this bailout is going to do any of that? You ask to get rid of the federal government, but you support a bill that will make our government the largest real estate corporation in the world? How does that make any sense?

And what about special interests? You don't think there are going to be areas ALL OVER this $700 billion bill for special interests to sneak their hands in? $700 billion is a LOT of money with a LOT of ways for people to slip in their own greedy little hands to grab some without anyone noticing.

Real change? How is this changing anything? We had all of this money, then we lost it because of bad business practices and bad government policies. Now we're simply refilling the coffers a bit without actually changing any of the policies and without removing any of the bad businesses from the equation. The only thing we're doing is refilling their bank accounts so they can do it again!

6. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    If they pass this bill, it isn't going to solve a thing. This crisis will affect us all one way or another. During this time, a revolt against the Federal Government could occur. Instability feeds revolutionary activities. If they pass this bill, they add $700 billion in liabilities. Add social security in 2010 (more going out than in), revenue dropped because of a drop in employment and income. We are setting a course for a revolutionary change in this country. The flood gates are opening. A collapse is needed. Maybe people will open their eyes and realize the scam that Congress has pulled. Why bailout certain institutions? Why put $700 billion of money of taxpayers to try and slow down what is eventually a economic killer. Federal Reserve has made available $630 billion to the banks. I wonder what effect that will have along with the rising gas prices. Turmoil = Instability. We are witnessing history. The beginning...of the end.

7. VOY

VOY Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    So if I'm reading this right, then you're hoping for this country's failure and our fall into chaos? Why in the hell would you want that?

You're starting to sound like one of the revolutionary whackjobs who lives in a hut in the woods and plans governmental takeover with 12 of his rifle-wielding buddies. Makes me wonder how you access the internet to post here.

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,121

it just might take something as severe as failure to shake up the fucktards we call government.

9. VOY

VOY Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    A distinct difference between looking for a shakeup in government and hoping for the complete failure and fall of it.

I'm not exactly looking forward to living in a country that resembles those of the middle east any time soon.

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,560
    Then why do you take the positions you do?