If Tea Party unseats Lugar (R) in primary...

Two thirds of the Senate seats up for grabs in 2012 are Democratic seats. All the House seats are up for grabs. Combine this with the presidential election and it is important for a party to find a Candidate at the top of the ticket that can carry the party with them. Political infighting as envisioned by the T party can and will turn the primary losers against that party thereby ensuring Democratic victory in those races. It is a catch 22 for the T particans.

Good points. It's especially pertinent when there are no front runners in the Repub ranks for pres when at this time historically they have already announced.

Two thirds of the Senate seats up for grabs in 2012 are Democratic seats. All the House seats are up for grabs. Combine this with the presidential election and it is important for a party to find a Candidate at the top of the ticket that can carry the party with them. Political infighting as envisioned by the T party can and will turn the primary losers against that party thereby ensuring Democratic victory in those races. It is a catch 22 for the T particans.

Since when? Clinton could not do it. Bush could not do it. Time will tell on Obama, though it was helpful to Brown and Christie to have the POTUS come out for their opponents for sure and that is not a good sign for future long coat tails.

Lugar's decent. But the GOP is engaged in fratricide right now.

it's more like a parasitic infection.

They're being held hostage by the Tea Party/Koch Bros contingent

Koch-brothers-flag.jpg

Except for his passionate multi-decade advocacy for the "LOST" treaty which would give the UN sovereignty and the ability to tax nations for use of the oceans.

Lugar needs to go. Even if to a democrat for a term. And that's on term limit reasons alone.

That "fratricide"* worked out pretty well in Florida, Utah, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and many more states, last time around.

They keep up the "killing spree"* for another election or three, I could be persuaded to vote republican again.

*Sorry for that "violent imagery" thingy...I don't know what came over me.

So Lugar is in their sites. They already have McCain and Hatch scrambling to prove how conservative they are.

So Lugar is in their sites. They already have McCain and Hatch scrambling to prove how conservative they are.

Yep. Hatch is trying to appease the tea partiers so he isn't ousted in the primaries like Castle was in Delaware.
I'm waiting for the ouster of the moderate GOP leadership if they don't pull their heads out of their collective asses and realize the time for playing nicey nicey is now gone. You won. Act like it.

Forum List

Back