If Supreme Court over turns Health Care, what will the GOP Replace it with?

It's been explored before, unfortunately the state of our educational system no longer educates so people coming along don't know about More's Utopia, Plato's Republic or even Hobbes' Leviathan.

They think it still can work.

When you put out a fire, what do you replace it with?

What I hope will happen if the Supreme Court overturns at least the worst of Obamacare:

1. I hope Congress will rescind all of it and start over.

2. This time I hope they will address the issues appropriate for the federal government to address that will pave the way for real reform such as tort reform, application of RICO and anti trust laws making regional monopolies illegal, finding some non authoritarian way to make individual ownership of insurance polices more attractive than employer groups, etc.

3. Then I would like for the federal government to turn all existing programs over to the states to administer and gradually begin withdrawing federal funding along with any federal revenue collecting for those programs until the federal government is out of the healthcare business in its entirety.

I think these measures will allow market forces to again take over and bring healthcare costs back into affordable range. The states are perfectly capable of providing any safety nets they think might be appropriate for the few who honestly cannot provide for themselves.

The same process should also happen in education.

Eliminate the foul and discriminatory provision allowing adults to be on parental insurance until they are almost middle aged.

Question. Why is medical treatment a for profit buisness (Did Jesus charge for curing the poor)?

Why are Liberals always looking to steal the labors and capital of others?

Even tribal shaman require some type of payment.

You mean like those of us who pay for our own insurance being forced to pay for the medical of those who do not?

Oh wait - that's the damn pubs.

Watching the pundits this morning on the talk shows talk about Health Care was hilarious.

Republicans saying, "If it's overturned, then why would Obama try to pass something that was unconstitutional?" and "How could someone pass something if they don't know what's in it"?

Democrats saying, "We know the Supreme Court is radical right. They allowed unlimited corporate money into our elections and declared corporations are people". That even means Hugo Chavez could influence American elections with Citgo money.

Republicans never think about their own questions. They ask "Why vote for it if no one knows what's in it"? The question they should be asked is, after all this time, why be against something you haven't bothered to read?

Some of the provisions:

34 million more Americans insured

Millions of children with pre-existing conditions insured

People able to put their college age children on their policies

Insurance company rebates gone (going over a capped limit the companies get from skimming policies)

And it goes on and on.

So, if the Republicans are going to run on "Let him die", then good. I want to see how well that works out.

Republicans will push for free cable tv, internet, cell phones, and allow food stamps to pay for beer and cigarettes.

Then people will have money to pay for health insurance.

You mean like those of us who pay for our own insurance being forced to pay for the medical of those who do not?

I realize a lot of you are pretty steamed about picking up the tab for the slackers and freeloaders - and I feel ya. Let me know when you get the petition written up to repeal EMTALA and the other laws shifting the costs onto your stingy asses. I'll sign it.

If they have the opportunity, I suspect they'll replace it with something very similar. They'll reframe the individual mandate as a "tax incentive" and pursue essentially the same goal as the Democrats: herding as many people as possible into the corporate insurance pool.

Republicans of course want capitalism like in all other industries. Its how we got to be the richest people in human history.

This means people shopping with vouchers or their own money.

This means providers competing against each other on price and quality to stay in business.

A liberal lacks the IQ to understand capitalism so the above will mean nothing to them.

If they have the opportunity, I suspect they'll replace it with something very similar. They'll reframe the individual mandate as a "tax incentive" and pursue essentially the same goal as the Democrats: herding as many people as possible into the corporate insurance pool.

Republicans of course want capitalism like in all other industries. Its how we got to be the richest people in human history.

This means providers competing against each other on price and quality to stay in business.

A liberal lacks the IQ to understand capitalism so the above will mean nothing to them.

Nonsense.

Free markets flourish only as a consequence of government programs, projects, and regulatory policy – from roads and bridges, to safe food and water, to the regulations that protect corporations from their worst enemy: themselves.

Where would Americans get these ‘vouchers’? From the voucher trees in their back yards? And if affordable health insurance can’t be purchased with ‘vouchers’ and ‘their own money,’ what then? There will always be some segment of the consumer population priced out of any given market. If a consumer can’t afford a $1500 per month premium for health insurance, they certainly can’t afford a premium of $1450 per month after ‘shopping around.’

It’s hard to believe conservatives are really this naïve and ignorant.

Free markets flourish only as a consequence of government programs, projects, and regulatory policy – from roads and bridges,

too stupid but perfectly 100% liberal!!! As if people didn't or would not build bridges and roads without government!! And of course that change of subject has nothing to do whatsoever with the use of capitalism in health care to make us the richest consumers of health care as we are the richest consumers in all other industries.

Where would Americans get these ‘vouchers’?

the government would give them back the money it stole!!!!!!! See why we are positive a liberal will be slow, very slow!!!

And if affordable health insurance can’t be purchased with ‘vouchers’ and ‘their own money,’ what then?

look at Red China and USSR!!!!! capitalism makes stuff 90% cheaper so everyone can afford everything!!

Question. Why is medical treatment a for profit buisness (Did Jesus charge for curing the poor)?

why? same reason any business does. Profit tells us what people like and so enables us to please them with more of it. When you don't have profit you have liberal bureaucrats telling us what they like.

Didn't work out too well in the USSR and Red China did it??

In no profit system system a bad product and a good product will keep appearing in the market place and economic progress will be halted.

A liberal will lack the IQ needed to understand profit.

Last edited:
Unless there is overwhelming support on the court for whatever decision is made, SCOTUS will be a big loser. Whichever side loses, will attack the court vehemently for a political based decision. In the past, the court has often tried to issue a decision that is a compromise such as the Arizona immigration law decision. However, in this case an overturn of the mandate, leaving the remainder of law intact, and leaving it to Congress to figure out how to change or replace the law would subject the court to attacks from both sides.

Last edited:

When you put out a fire, what do you replace it with?

What I hope will happen if the Supreme Court overturns at least the worst of Obamacare:

1. I hope Congress will rescind all of it and start over.

2. This time I hope they will address the issues appropriate for the federal government to address that will pave the way for real reform such as tort reform, application of RICO and anti trust laws making regional monopolies illegal, finding some non authoritarian way to make individual ownership of insurance polices more attractive than employer groups, etc.

3. Then I would like for the federal government to turn all existing programs over to the states to administer and gradually begin withdrawing federal funding along with any federal revenue collecting for those programs until the federal government is out of the healthcare business in its entirety.

I think these measures will allow market forces to again take over and bring healthcare costs back into affordable range. The states are perfectly capable of providing any safety nets they think might be appropriate for the few who honestly cannot provide for themselves.

The same process should also happen in education.
Brilliant! I love it. The only change I would make is your opening analogy
I would have started with:
When you flush a turd, what do you replace it with.

Obamacare promotes the general welfare.....it does not provide it

Did you miss the mandate stuff Repubs have been whining about?

- Even with the definition, the difference escapes you? Sad.

- If you made it to the bottom of my post, it should have stirred some neurons that I am hardly a Republican.

Yea... Read it

Personal Responsibility is GOP codeword for "Go fuck yourself"

Didn't miss the 'mandate' point, but libertarians would be the last to mandate anything other than insisting on everyone to respect the rights and PROPERTY (including their money) of others.
A concept clearly not understood by liberals or conservatives.

I have read that leeches are used for medical purposes but I don't think they receive subsidized healthcare - until lately.

Forum List

Back