If someone is religious is it immoral for them NOT to proselytize?

Horty:

It doesn't bother me if people pray for me. But some believers do a thing where they actually ill-wish non-believers, they appear to want something bad to happen to us so that we'll be more receptive to their views. That's some screwed up nonsense right there.

Y'all can keep those prayers for yourselves.

It's hard for me to believe that a real believer would actually "ill-wish" someone into believing, but, i know there's some strange people out there! :) And actually, i would do the opposite, pray for something miraculous to happen to someone to help them believe. Wonderful miracles happen every day! But you need to have you're eye's and mind open to see it. After i became a believer, it was so much easier for me to see those miracles that happened in the past, and i'm more aware of what God is doing in my life every day.

If someone is religious is it immoral for them NOT to proselytize?

Depends on what religion you're talking about.

Some religions prosleytize, some don't.

Some religons don't WANT new blood.

If someone asks me how I am doing I will almost always tell them someway that the Lord has blessed me. I will sometimes ask them if they want to go to church. No pressure.

No it is not immoral to not proselytize.

But as a Chrisitan, if someone comes to you with questions about the Lord or needing guidence in a sprititual manner then you as a Christian need to answer them. Your life and the way you act should be a testimony unto the Lord. This will draw people to you of their own will.

Should Atheists proselytize too?

They do in our schools to children who know no better.

Yep, you've uncovered an amazing conspiracy. All k-12 teachers are god-hating atheists and all college professors are satanist heathens, and their prime goal in the world is to teach elementary science like evolution to your kids in order to turn them against god and make our world into a moral-free cesspool.

You're a prophet, right below that of Jesus.

Yep, you've uncovered an amazing conspiracy. All k-12 teachers are god-hating atheists and all college professors are satanist heathens, and their prime goal in the world is to teach elementary science like evolution to your kids in order to turn them against god and make our world into a moral-free cesspool.

I never said all teachers did I ? it's not all science teachers that do it ,besides it's not just science where it happens.

I never said all teachers did I ? it's not all science teachers that do it ,besides it's not just science where it happens.

Actually, i found it more prevalent in the non science teachers when present at all.

Actually pretty much all science teachers do teach evolution, at all levels.

Some of the worst kind of heathen teachers are the ones posing as christians filling children's ears with this demonic 4th grade level science. I think we need nationwide exorcisms in our schools to fix the devil's work.

If you've been on this board you know I don't believe in a god. Very rarely am I ever proselytized and on the rare occasions that it happens I normally just sit quiet and move on or politely inform the person I'm not interested and it ends peacefully.

However to me, if I were a hardcore believer in one of the main religions of the world I would think I'd be someone who proselytizes. Most religions as far as I can tell say non-believers belong in hell, I would find it very important to try to help someone avoid such a place. So I can certainly morally understand why people proselytize.

Do you agree? Disagree?

Repent, and ye shall be saved. :thup:

It's far easier, for me anyway, to (I prefer to call it) Testify on a more personal face-to-face manner.

Message boards and Forums are far too difficult to convey the Gospel properly.
Marie does it wonderfully, though.

Most of my postings are always too short and tend to fall short of my intended meaning.
His Word deserves more than I can express in a few short lines.

Is it immoral *not* to?
That would depend on the individual according to their gifts.
With Marie, for example, her gift of meticulously presenting her message would make it (at least) a waste of her God-given talent not to testify.

God knows my weaknesses and knows that I try where I can, as the Spirit moves me.
I wouldn't want someone out there just mangling the Word just for the sake of spreading It. (see:phelps :D )

:cool:

To each his own I suppose.

While have nothing against Marie, more often than not I scroll right past anything she posts.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Some of the worst kind of heathen teachers are the ones posing as christians filling children's ears with this demonic 4th grade level science. I think we need nationwide exorcisms in our schools to fix the devil's work.

No, there are teachers who make it clear what has and has not been proven and leaves it up to the child what to believe.

No, there are teachers who make it clear what has and has not been proven and leaves it up to the child what to believe.

It's always up to the child what to believe. I'm certain you wouldn't want teachers going around saying your god hasn't been proven scientifically.

I will say this, satan is brilliant in his scheme to mislead many.

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.

I will say this, satan is brilliant in his scheme to mislead many.

2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.

And we're back to my original post to you. Your amazing ability to recognize Satan is behind the teaching of evolution and all science educators are his instruments.

One thing that's been proven throughout history, whenever a hardcore religious person accuses scientists of being satanic heathens they always end up being right and they never look stupid.

I dunno, in some of my experiences they seem to be already.

To me, it seems like for some atheists, they already have their own "religion" though that will be denied up and down. I'm not saying there's anything wrong in having that either, that's their right and freedom.

However, I think it would be more honest for some to just say they are "AntiChrist/AntiFaith, etc"....and/or they have an agenda against religion.. rather than just an atheist. Some atheists just keep away from faiths... however, some speak out against --- so yeah they proselytize; seems to me anyhow.

Richard Dawkins Atheist Camp
Camp Quest UK – a summer camp for science, philosophy and critical thinking!

Happy Atheist Forum
Happy Atheist Forum - Index

Thunderf00t - Atheist on You Tube who has a WHOLE mess of videos (playlist) called "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists"

Thunderf00t has MANY suscribers. Biggest atheist following I've seen on YouTube.
Thunderf00t's Channel - YouTube

I think some of his videos regarding science are amazing actually - but I of course totally differ with him in that I believe it's GOD'S becautiful creation that he's sharing on some of his science vids.

There is also TAM - an newer organization of atheists which meet - I believe this year Richard Dawkins was there in Las Vegas
The Amaz!ng Meeting | A Celebration of Science, Skepticism and Critical Thinking.

There's a whole bunch more I'm sure. Just Google Athiest forum, etc, or follow Richard Dawkins, one of the head atheists, lol. It's their right but doesn't mean they are right ;)

Forum List

Back