If some peoples taxes are going up

By "sane" you mean forcing the ambitious and successful people to subsidize the weak? There is a word for that :eusa_think:

Yeah, that's exactly right. They got rich off the backs of those who worked. So if they're not going to pay those people more, then they should be taxed to provide benefits for the workers that participated in the economy (either by making or buying those products).

You talk about free lunch, well, here's you arguing for a free lunch on behalf of the rich.

Which is so fuckin' weird. Why are you defending a rich person's low tax rate? You think they give a shit what your tax rate is?
Thats the point of starting a business...
How is that a "free lunch?" How dumb

why is the left bitching? Dont most of them say we should raise the tax rate? :eusa_think:
I am not the least surprised you are okay with the top 1 percent paying less while the middle class has to pay more.

Not surprised at all.

I meant "good" as the amount.

Who cares, then? Paying taxes is something you have to do in this society. There exists no functional society that can provide the benefits you enjoy, without taxes to pay for it.

So you need to jettison this really immature position on taxation.
Its not immature. That was terrible terminology.
We shouldnt have an income tax. If our fed gov wasnt so fucking bloated, we wouldnt need it.
If it's not income it will be some other form of tax. Our military isn't free.

military, foreign aid and the unconstitutional federal govt programs. Sorry for the redundancy

So again, very general and vague, but not surprisingly so. When it comes to details, you and all Conservatives come up real short. This is the unending problem with people like you; you have a reflexive attitude to things and you don't give anything much thought (because you're just reacting).

You make deliberately vague statements like this by design, so you can weasel and wiggle your way within those broad parameters later as the discussion unfolds, and as you (predictably) find yourself tripped up on your own rhetoric.

I've long since given up on expecting details and original thoughts from people like you.

All you do is react to things. You never think them through.

That's why Conservative policy always fails. Always.

Wasnt that just two states though?
Also, i have no problem with that. They shouldnt be getting extra deductions because they live in a state with high taxes.
Deductions should be eliminated.

Not sure. Won't they be double taxed on same income? That hardly seems right.
Sounds like a problem only the high taxed state can figure out.
Is it right for me and other people that live in decently taxed states to subsidize them? Thats basically what it amounts to, isnt it?
I think it amounts to double taxation. Income in most those states tends to be much higher so they are still paying more in federal taxes.

When I was in the Navy and processing the pay paperwork for people in my command, if your home of record was a state that didn't charge state income taxes, you paid 28 percent in federal. If your state made the military pay state income taxes, you paid 28 percent in federal and 4 percent in state, making your total tax witholding about 32 percent.

Dunno how civilian companies withhold their taxes from their employees though.

Here ya go.....

https://achieve.lausd.net/cms/lib/C...017 w2/2017 Federal Withholding Tax Table.pdf

military, foreign aid and the unconstitutional federal govt programs. Sorry for the redundancy

So again, very general and vague, but not surprisingly so. When it comes to details, you and all Conservatives come up real short. This is the unending problem with people like you; you have a reflexive attitude to things and you don't give anything much thought (because you're just reacting).

You make deliberately vague statements like this by design, so you can weasel and wiggle your way within those broad parameters later as the discussion unfolds, and as you (predictably) find yourself tripped up on your own rhetoric.

I've long since given up on expecting details and original thoughts from people like you.

All you do is react to things. You never think them through.

That's why Conservative policy always fails. Always.

I'm not even sure what conservative policy is anymore. Repubs support corporate welfare now. Seems like complete misuse of tax dollars to me.

Its not equal if rich people are getting a higher percentage.

Well, they're getting a higher percentage of income, so it stands to reason they should pay a higher percentage of their taxes. If they don't want to pay as high a percentage of their income in taxes, the solution is very, very simple; pay workers more.

If you raise wages, you lower the tax burden on the wealthy because higher wages for people means they're paying higher taxes.

But that thought never crossed your mind, did it? How come? Simple; because 40 years of Conservative propaganda about taxes has warped your mind.

40 years ago, the tax burden was more equitable.

Then y'all cut taxes, then the burden became less equitable.

So you cut taxes, then complain that 47% don't pay taxes, so your solution is to...cut taxes.

Your fiscal policy is basically a circle jerk and you're voluntarily eating the cracker.

What a dope.

You know, I'm still wondering why the corporations are going to have their taxes cut permanently, while the rest of us average citizens will get tax breaks that will expire in 10 years.

And yeah, I'm going to be watching VERY closely when I file this time for taxes. Why? Because when I retired, I calculated what my withholdings should be so that the government didn't get to hold on to my money for a year and then send me a big rebate in April, but yet enough was withheld so that I didn't have to pay in anything either.

Generally, for the past 10 years or so, I usually end up with a rebate check of 2 to 3 dollars, or maybe I have to pay a dollar or two.

If my rates go up this time, I'm going to know immediately.
Isnt that how the corporate tax rate always is?

You know, Reagan tried to tell us that "trickle down" was a workable model for taxation, but it has yet to work.

Personally, I think that the tax cuts for the citizens should be permanent, and tell the corporations that we will cut their taxes for 10 years, but if they don't move jobs back to the USA, they will return to current rates after 10 years have passed.

That would incentivize companies to bring jobs back here.

You know, Reagan tried to tell us that "trickle down" was a workable model for taxation

No he didn't.

but it has yet to work.

Cutting rates works every time it's tried.

why is the left bitching? Dont most of them say we should raise the tax rate? :eusa_think:

...on the rich, not on the poor. This tax plan raises taxes on the poor.

The wealthy don't need a tax cut and neither does our economy. This is just about rewarding wealthy Conservative donors and nothing else.

What is needed are wage increases, not increases to after-tax income for the top 1%.

This tax plan raises taxes on the poor.

Prove it.

Its not immature. That was terrible terminology.

Nope. It's immature. That's your position. One that Grover Norquist had at 14. You're basically in a state of arrested development. That's not something I can help. You gotta fix that deficiency all on your own. You up to it? Can you put in the minimal effort required? I'm not so sure...

We shouldnt have an income tax. If our fed gov wasnt so fucking bloated, we wouldnt need it.

This is the immaturity I'm talking about. We have a nation of 320,000,000 people and an economy that is about $20T in size. We need a large, strong bureaucracy to manage that.

Conservatives live in a fantasyland where people should act, instead of reality where people really act.

You know, I'm still wondering why the corporations are going to have their taxes cut permanently, while the rest of us average citizens will get tax breaks that will expire in 10 years.

And yeah, I'm going to be watching VERY closely when I file this time for taxes. Why? Because when I retired, I calculated what my withholdings should be so that the government didn't get to hold on to my money for a year and then send me a big rebate in April, but yet enough was withheld so that I didn't have to pay in anything either.

Generally, for the past 10 years or so, I usually end up with a rebate check of 2 to 3 dollars, or maybe I have to pay a dollar or two.

You know, Reagan tried to tell us that "trickle down" was a workable model for taxation, but it has yet to work.

Personally, I think that the tax cuts for the citizens should be permanent, and tell the corporations that we will cut their taxes for 10 years, but if they don't move jobs back to the USA, they will return to current rates after 10 years have passed.

You know, Reagan tried to tell us that "trickle down" was a workable model for taxation

No he didn't.

but it has yet to work.

What is the definition of works? Reagan tripled the debt.

Thats the point of starting a business...

And I've never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever heard of any businessperson who has ever said "No thanks! that's all the profit I want to make this year."

Never.

You only pay income taxes on income. I don't think you Conservatives understand that.

How is that a "free lunch?" How dumb

Free lunch - rich person makes money off the backs of the workers, then doesn't pay taxes, which forces the workers to spend out of pocket to pay for essential services that should be provided by the state.

Rich people are the biggest fucking leeches of them all. All of them.

I'm not even sure what conservative policy is anymore. Repubs support corporate welfare now. Seems like complete misuse of tax dollars to me.

Conservatives and Republicans don't have a policy other than reflexive reaction.

No he didn't.

but it has yet to work.

What is the definition of works? Reagan tripled the debt.

What is the definition of works?

For Reagan, huge economic growth, 20 million new jobs.

Forum List

Back