If Scott Walker Wins Recall Handily,Is It A Warning Shot For Obama's Re-Election?

My two cents. I don't believe anyone is happy with the way things are going right now. The issue comes down to cause and effect, not reality necessarily, but what people believe is reality. It's easy to post blame and disparage elected officials and those who covet an elected position. It's not easy to understand complex issues especially when one lacks the necessary data to make a reasoned decision. Hence, the best propaganda will win the day. And the best can be purchased.

Agree - but even though many might not be happy with the way things are right now, they are not unhappy enough right now to replace Obama with Romney. Sure, this could change -

I suspect the number of incumbents in Congress who lose will reflect the mood of the nation more so than the POTUS election. Some of the rhetoric coming out of Congress is offensive to many middle of the road American voters - IMO.

chicken-4.jpg

Agree - but even though many might not be happy with the way things are right now, they are not unhappy enough right now to replace Obama with Romney. Sure, this could change -

I suspect the number of incumbents in Congress who lose will reflect the mood of the nation more so than the POTUS election. Some of the rhetoric coming out of Congress is offensive to many middle of the road American voters - IMO.

chicken-4.jpg

Once again a conservative (Conservative) is unable to respond with a substantive comment.

There is no if too it! Everyday WI folk are seeing the Unions for their lies. The lies the Union pelted is that Walker is going to kill education. The exact opposite happened. He got school districts hopeless in the red well into the black. He got schools that desperately needed teachers and other staff members money to actually hire them. He didn't cut school programs and close schools like the left promised he would do. Teachers didn't go running from the state like the Unions promised they would do. In fact, TEACHERS ARE RUNNING TO WI!!! As IL is laying off 100s of teachers, many are running to WI for jobs!

AND HE DID THIS ALL WITHOUT RAISING TAXES!!! WHILE IL IS LAYING OFF 100s OF TEACHERS AND RAISING PROPERTY, INCOME, CORPORATE AND SALES TAXES!!!

Cry me a fucking river. Hopefully it will cost Walker his fucking job. You don't give two shits about the teachers that have to teach your dumbfuck kids so don't pretend otherwise.

Teacher unions are here to stay and if you don't like it you can move your ass to another state like Wisconsin where the average starting wage for teachers with a BA is about $25,000. You wouldn't work for that, would you.

So unless they got laid off Illinois teachers are NOT moving to Wisconsin to take jobs that pay FAR LESS money and benefits.

Walker could learn a thing or two from Quinn about how government, unions and school systems can work TOGETHER.

Lessons for Wisconsin -- How Illinois Recognizes Its Great Teachers With New Reform Law

Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has signed what might be the most important piece of education legislation ever passed in the state.

It's also one of the most historic showings of collaboration between teacher unions, legislators and reform groups. All came together to draft dramatic changes in how teachers earn tenure, how layoff decisions are made, when teachers can be dismissed for poor performance, and what's necessary for them to strike.

These new policies will benefit Illinois' school children while also improving the teaching profession because the unions were at the table advocating for students as well as their members.

Ellen S. Alberding: Lessons for Wisconsin -- How Illinois Recognizes Its Great Teachers With New Reform Law

So now you can either move or quit your fucking whining, you sniveling little pantywaist.

I think Walker will prevail in the recall election, but I don't think it will be 'handily'. I also do not think it will have much of an effect on Obama's re-election chances.

Ditto. He's fairly unpopular but no one of consequence is running against him, last I heard. That's remarkably similar to what happened to Clinton and Bush on their reelection bids. The impact a Walker win would have on the general would be minimal.

If anything you might see it help Obama to have Walker win. It would guarantee a strong Democratic turnout in Wisconsin, a swing state and avoid re-energizing the Tea Party.

If it's any consequence, I don't think a Walker loss would mean anything for Obama either. Walker's issues in the State are mostly based on his personal decisions made as governor, and cross party lines.

If Scotty wins, it'll demonstrate that it doesn't matter how many criminals you have working for you. It doesn't matter if one has stolen from disabled veterans.

no charges against walker... you're a fool and a liar

Who claimed there was? There is however a John Doe in one indictment.

The point is there are five people indicted so far, all appointed by Walker. There's one who stole money from disabled vets. Do you deny this, moron?

What a lowlife scumbag you people are rooting for.

Wis. governor reinstated bonuses despite shortfall

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker quietly reinstated a program to give merit raises and bonuses to some state workers even as he preached cost-cutting and pushed through a law reducing most public workers' pay and eliminating their union rights.

An analysis of data The Associated Press obtained through an open records request showed Wisconsin agencies have handed out more than $765,000 in bonuses and merit raises this year to nearly 220 employees.

There is no if too it! Everyday WI folk are seeing the Unions for their lies. The lies the Union pelted is that Walker is going to kill education. The exact opposite happened. He got school districts hopeless in the red well into the black. He got schools that desperately needed teachers and other staff members money to actually hire them. He didn't cut school programs and close schools like the left promised he would do. Teachers didn't go running from the state like the Unions promised they would do. In fact, TEACHERS ARE RUNNING TO WI!!! As IL is laying off 100s of teachers, many are running to WI for jobs!

AND HE DID THIS ALL WITHOUT RAISING TAXES!!! WHILE IL IS LAYING OFF 100s OF TEACHERS AND RAISING PROPERTY, INCOME, CORPORATE AND SALES TAXES!!!

Exemplary teachers are getting raises as well. This is a model that is working. It may turn out to be a win-win state! As long as the Democrats don't try any tom foolery with fraudulent votes.

If! :lol:

I think Walker will prevail in the recall election, but I don't think it will be 'handily'. I also do not think it will have much of an effect on Obama's re-election chances.

i think he'll survive... narrowly... and it has absolutely no effect and isn't any indication regarding the general election.

so i guess i agree.

Forum List

Back