If "Scooter" gets indicted....

dilloduck said:
Bush should just pre-emptively pardon him and move on. To hell with this silly ass non-story.

That would be the greatest thing ever. To hell with movies and video games: I could just sit and watch DU'ers kill themselves to provide my entertainment for weeks.

no1tovote4 said:
I predict the Left will use the indictment to say it is "proof that the Administration lied" to get us into Iraq. They'll proclaim it loudly because of one piece of information used in a speech, the "sixteen words" will make this all a "hoax perpetrated on the US" by the Administration. They'll ignore the fact that there was other information used and those sixteen words will get all the air time....

Let's watch and see if I am right.

Yep, you were right, it's happening:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/281pokap.asp?pg=1

AFTER A 22-MONTH investigation into the compromising of CIA operative Valerie Plame, special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald handed down a five-count indictment of Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff,

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

Even before that lengthy investigation reached its conclusion, critics of the Bush administration had begun to articulate the new conventional wisdom on its outcome: The Bush administration lied about Iraq before the invasion and has been lying ever since.

Frank Rich, in a column that ran on October 16, 2005, in the New York Times, wrote under the headline, "It's Bush-Cheney, Not Rove-Libby."

Now, as always, what matters most in this case is not whether Mr. Rove and Lewis Libby engaged in a petty conspiracy to seek revenge on a whistle-blower, Joseph Wilson, by unmasking his wife, Valerie, a covert C.I.A. officer. What makes Patrick Fitzgerald's investigation compelling, whatever its outcome, is its illumination of a conspiracy that was not at all petty: the one that took us on false premises into a reckless and wasteful war in Iraq. That conspiracy was instigated by Mr. Rove's boss, George W. Bush, and Mr. Libby's boss, Dick Cheney.

The Nation's Katrina vanden Heuvel made a similar argument in an appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews last week. In response to a question about the Fitzgerald investigation, she said: "These are serious matters of national security, of misleading the country into the gravest crime one could commit, an unnecessary war."...

Forum List

Back