If Santorum dropped out....

1. Romney has always done a great job at everything he's tried. Cutting spending and fixing the economy should be a snap. Just tamp down the unions.
Are you some kind of high-grade retard that you think Unions are the problem. Just asking.

Actually, Romney's kind of failed at most of what he's tried. He failed to Beat Ted Kennedy. He failed as Mass governor. He failed to beat John McCain.

At Bain, 22% of the businesses they invested in went bankrupt after 5 years.

1. Unions are a problem. If you don't see that you're a union stooge.
2. Tell me how you think he failed. He saved the Olympics, MA had a 4% unemployment rate when he was Gov, MA is a solid dem state so losing to Ted was a foregone conclusion.
3. McCain was a war hero, no one would have beat the dems after the mess Bush/Cheney left as they slithered out of DC with the economy collapsing.
4. At Bain if they failed Mitt would be bankrupt, as it is they made lots of money for their investors. How many of those 22% of businesses had union labor problems?
If they can't compete in the market they go bankrupt. Management needs to manage.

1. Romney has always done a great job at everything he's tried. Cutting spending and fixing the economy should be a snap. Just tamp down the unions.

There is lip service, and then there is reality.

Are you some kind of high-grade retard that you think Unions are the problem. Just asking.

Actually, Romney's kind of failed at most of what he's tried. He failed to Beat Ted Kennedy. He failed as Mass governor. He failed to beat John McCain.

You are actually one of those little yellow school bus kid's, aren't you? Fess up.

Unions are a very big part of the problem. Specifically Government Unions. They should all go. We would be better off. Your Path is unsustainable. Learn to live within your means.

Last edited:

2. Tell me how you think he failed. He saved the Olympics, MA had a 4% unemployment rate when he was Gov, MA is a solid dem state so losing to Ted was a foregone conclusion.
3. McCain was a war hero, no one would have beat the dems after the mess Bush/Cheney left as they slithered out of DC with the economy collapsing.
4. At Bain if they failed Mitt would be bankrupt, as it is they made lots of money for their investors. How many of those 22% of businesses had union labor problems?
If they can't compete in the market they go bankrupt. Management needs to manage.

Unions created and built a middle class in this country. This country was built by men in unions. Our rise as a nation paralels the union movement, as does our decline. We should be better off today with 11% union membership than we were in the 1960's with 40% union membership, by your logic, correct?

I've already detailed his failures in many places. For the Olympics, the only reason why they needed to be "saved" was because his fellow Mormon cultists bribed Olympic Officials into giving them the games when they didn't have the resources to host them. There was no one who wanted them to fail, really. It would have been a huge national black eye if they turned into a fiasco, so everyone was eager to fix SLC's huge mistake.

[You are actually one of those little yellow school bus kid's, aren't you? Fess up.

Unions are a very big part of the problem. Specifically Government Unions. They should all go. We would be better off. Your Path is unsustainable. Learn to live within your means.

SO why is giving money to the people who actually DO the work less preferable than giving it to the people who just guessed what would be profitable?

Sorry, I have a hard time understanding why you guys want execs to get 8 figure salaries for failing, while begrudging the guy who assembles the car a working wage.

Government unions, that's a separate issue, I don't think there should be government unions because all a union should do is make sure there's a fair sharing of profits.

[You are actually one of those little yellow school bus kid's, aren't you? Fess up.

SO why is giving money to the people who actually DO the work less preferable than giving it to the people who just guessed what would be profitable?

Sorry, I have a hard time understanding why you guys want execs to get 8 figure salaries for failing, while begrudging the guy who assembles the car a working wage.

Government unions, that's a separate issue, I don't think there should be government unions because all a union should do is make sure there's a fair sharing of profits.

It is not giving when it is earned or compensation for trade, service, or purchase, as agreed to. You should try going into a retail adventure and find out how hard it is to generate income out of thin air, based on your own concept. I guarantee you that smirk will leave your face real quick. Do you know how many businesses fail every year? Don't you think that there is pain and loss in that? Stop with the Bullshit. Life is tough. You cannot Legislate Providence. Sometimes there isn't even a known explanation why some things succeed and others fail. Trends, too, are not always easy to read. You learn to roll with it.

Don't we all? Theft and corruption are generally not to popular with the victims of it. You need to get out more. ;)

Government Unions are corrupting the Political Process and creating a new privileged class. You do not get a job to share in the profits, you work to earn a Salary. Whether your company has a decent Quarter or Year, or not, you still expect to be paid. You do not share in the loss or risk, should your company hit hard times, other than the possibility of losing overtime, regular hours, or your job. Still, that is something each of us has to work out with our employer, individually or collectively. Personally I think Salary should be based on merit, job performance, and other relevant factors.

Maybe. Romney is getting too much exposure and people don't really like him to begin with. Conservatives would love to see Gingrich get in front and stay in front.

I don't think it's wise for you to speak on behalf of Conservatives, mo chara. Conservatives are splitting between the four candidates.... because they are individuals.

Because they're all bad you mean?

No, mainly because they don't do 'group think'. That's a leftist trait... herd behavior.

As bad as Romney looks right now, I've seen polls that indicate he's #2 on many Republican voters lists - so Santorum's exit would not necessarily mean that his people would go to Newt.

Probably not.

As I've said, looking at the depressed turnout numbers, it kind of looks like people are just sort of giving up. The establishment is picking our candidate, whether we want him or not, and we just better learn to like it. We've tried everything else on the menu- Bachmann, Cain, Perry, Gingrich and Santorum, and told that we can't have that or shouldn't have that and we'd better take Romney and like it, dammit!

nothing about the creatures of Citizens United (narrow 5-4 Rightie decision BTW), SuperPAcs? :doubt:

Yeah, they're a big problem:
How Union Membership Has Changed Over 25 Years : IMT Industry Market Trends
The union membership rate in the U.S. has fallen from 20.1 percent of employed wage and salary workers in 1983 to 12.4 percent in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' (BLS)
meanwhile, the people at the top have had their income increase by 265%. Put down the Rightie, kool aid :eusa_hand:

I remember when they did the numbers recently and found Santorum dropping out actually increased Romney's lead.

There are drawbacks to each of the two main contenders.

So if Santorum were to throw in the towel, the support he might have gotten is likely to gravitate to Gingrich over Romney just on the basis of how non-conservative Romney clearly is.

Whether that would be sufficient to overcome the lead and the other advantages held by Romney, now, is too hard to say with certainty.

But I'm pretty confident that Team Obama is happy, now, either way. For they get to go up against the one Republican with the least credibility in terms of contesting ObamaCare OR they go up against the GOP opponent with the weaker overall chances of uprooting the Obama Re-Election goals.

Forum List

Back