If Santorum dropped out....

would things turn around for Newt Gingrich?

At this point, no. Prior to Florida, Maybe. But now, no. Santorum and Newt have cornered their crowds and vilified the each other to the point that even if Rick endorsed Newt, I doubt his crowd would move. Plus, Romney seems to have hit the tipping point where he now has all the undecided GOP voters in His camp.

would things turn around for Newt Gingrich?

At this point, no. Prior to Florida, Maybe. But now, no. Santorum and Newt have cornered their crowds and vilified the each other to the point that even if Rick endorsed Newt, I doubt his crowd would move. Plus, Romney seems to have hit the tipping point where he now has all the undecided GOP voters in His camp.

Romney only got 48% in Nevada, which is infested with his fellow Mormon Cultists. 52% still wanted someone else. Now, Republicans might be acquiesing to Romney, but hardly accepting him.

Think Bob Dole. Establishment beats the rank and file over the head with someone they really don't want, but they don't have a better pick.

I really do think this year is going to be a disaster for the GOP.

People are starting to jump on the "I want to vote for the winner" bandwagon. They don't care about the policies, they're just going on the "American Idol" urge to pick the winner.

Not to mention a heavy dose of the GOP's fatal "It's His Turn" syndrome.

Maybe. Romney is getting too much exposure and people don't really like him to begin with. Conservatives would love to see Gingrich get in front and stay in front.

I don't know what Santorum will do because he spent an hour telling me what obama did not do. :cuckoo: I know what obama has done and not done.:confused:

Maybe. Romney is getting too much exposure and people don't really like him to begin with. Conservatives would love to see Gingrich get in front and stay in front.

I don't think it's wise for you to speak on behalf of Conservatives, mo chara. Conservatives are splitting between the four candidates.... because they are individuals.

Not really to both. I'd rather see much more time go Santorum and Paul's way.

As bad as Romney looks right now, I've seen polls that indicate he's #2 on many Republican voters lists - so Santorum's exit would not necessarily mean that his people would go to Newt.

Probably not.

As I've said, looking at the depressed turnout numbers, it kind of looks like people are just sort of giving up. The establishment is picking our candidate, whether we want him or not, and we just better learn to like it. We've tried everything else on the menu- Bachmann, Cain, Perry, Gingrich and Santorum, and told that we can't have that or shouldn't have that and we'd better take Romney and like it, dammit!

I don't think it's wise for you to speak on behalf of Conservatives, mo chara. Conservatives are splitting between the four candidates.... because they are individuals.

Because they're all bad you mean?

What I would like for Newt to go and all his people to migrate to Santorum. Never happen, but a man can dream.

This might actually wind up a good year for a third party if folks get desperate.

Because they're all bad you mean?

Hmmmmm.... Who would be more of a Dictator than Obama???? Tough one. :eusa_shhh: :doubt:

Actually, as someone who Can speak for "conservatives" or at least Republicans, having vote for them in every election since 1980, but will probably not vote for one this time, I can agree that Sarah is right. These are really awful candidate.

Romney- Well, I think i've said it all about this guy.

Newt- Smart guy. full of himself. Lots of baggage.

Santorum- Religious fanatic.

Ron Paul- Crazy as an outhouse rat.

Seriously, these were the best for the GOP could come up with? Really?

I remember my first election where I voted for the GOP. What a wealth or riches we had- Reagan, Bush-41, Howard Baker, John Connelly, Bob Dole. Guys with great resumes, some of them war heroes, years of government experience. It was a real contest of ideas.

Now what do we have? We are going to nominate Romney because some committee of fat cats decided he was electable if we can just keep the focus off his sleazy business practices and scream "bigot" at anyone who questions his crazy religion. And you'd better learn to like it.

This is what's going to make me angry about this election. Obama was beatable and doesn't really deserve to be re-elected. But the GOP hasn't offered an alternative that is worth a crap.

Actually, as someone who Can speak for "conservatives" or at least Republicans, having vote for them in every election since 1980, but will probably not vote for one this time, I can agree that Sarah is right. These are really awful candidate.

Romney- Well, I think i've said it all about this guy.

Newt- Smart guy. full of himself. Lots of baggage.

Santorum- Religious fanatic.

Ron Paul- Crazy as an outhouse rat.

Seriously, these were the best for the GOP could come up with? Really?

I remember my first election where I voted for the GOP. What a wealth or riches we had- Reagan, Bush-41, Howard Baker, John Connelly, Bob Dole. Guys with great resumes, some of them war heroes, years of government experience. It was a real contest of ideas.

Now what do we have? We are going to nominate Romney because some committee of fat cats decided he was electable if we can just keep the focus off his sleazy business practices and scream "bigot" at anyone who questions his crazy religion. And you'd better learn to like it.

This is what's going to make me angry about this election. Obama was beatable and doesn't really deserve to be re-elected. But the GOP hasn't offered an alternative that is worth a crap.

1. Romney has always done a great job at everything he's tried. Cutting spending and fixing the economy should be a snap. Just tamp down the unions.
2. Newt is too old too fat and simply a talented bullshit artist. His guys tossed him overboard, and rightfully so.
3. Santorum, supports family values. Nothing wrong with his views.
4. Ron Paul, should stick to medicine

My GOP "hero" now is Senator Coburn. If they pass Simpson-Bowles and let the Bush tax cuts expire, the fiscal situation looks manageable.

Santorum's latest poll shows him beating Obama
Poll: Santorum Beats Obama - Rick Santorum - Fox Nation

You were sayin...?

1. Romney has always done a great job at everything he's tried. Cutting spending and fixing the economy should be a snap. Just tamp down the unions.

Are you some kind of high-grade retard that you think Unions are the problem. Just asking.

Actually, Romney's kind of failed at most of what he's tried. He failed to Beat Ted Kennedy. He failed as Mass governor. He failed to beat John McCain.

At Bain, 22% of the businesses they invested in went bankrupt after 5 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back