If Santorum defeats Romney in Michigan...then what?

If Santorum defeats Romney in Michigan, the democrats will throw a party.

Just like they did in 80 when Reagan got the nomination.

Idjits.

Michigan is Romney's home state practically! This is very bad news for Romney and very good news for Democrats.

If you don't nominate Romney then you sacrafice the general election to stay true to your religous extremist convictions. Moderates may have believed that Romney would have ruled from the center and not the extreme right. Santorum is an extreme right wing Republican and when it comes to tax breaks to the rich, earmarks, unions, nafta, regulations and social security, Santorum is as extreme right as they come.

Reagan wasn't too far to the right. In fact he was once a Democrat. That was Romney's thing, not Santorum's. Santorum is as extreme right as it gets. And it isn't lie Santorum is different than Romney on labor, unions or tax breaks to the rich either.

Remember, don't use Ronald Reagan becaue he wouldn't even get the nomination in your party today. He'd be considered too liberal. The religious right wouldn't endorse him.

But what if NO candidate gets the required number of delegates by convention time? What happens than in Tampa?

A brokered convention? Ron Paul acting as king maker? A draft Palin movement on the floor?

This could be more fun than a day at Kennywood Park!

The only distraction that could possibly be more devastating to the Republican Party than a brokered convention is a re-enactment of 1968 with the OWS folks playing the Yippies and the Tampa cops singing from Richard Daly's hymnal. I dearly hope for the OWS folks that this does not happen.

Last edited:

Why?

Because the GOP Anointed One wouldnt get his turn at the top of the ticket?

I think it is a good thing if it breaks the GOP elites control of the party and the Tea Party Movement takes over.

Santorum ain't Tea Party.

Unless the Tea Party has become the Big Gubmint lovin' Tea Party.

Santorum is not Big Government.

Show me where and how he is Big government when he watnts to reduce regulations, agovernment, cap federalspending at 18% of GDP, have a Balanced Budget Amendment, appoint strict constitutionalist judges and wants to reduce taxes across the board?

How the hell is that Big Government?

The only people I know who call that Big Government are anarchists and Randian Paulbots.

You in either of those, or what?

You know..he shouldn't have even brought it up. It was and is nonsense. And these are the sort of things that kill candidates.

Why do you think Catholics should not hold office?

Why the hate?

I don't think theocrats should hold office..

So being personally opposed to use of birth control while agreeing it should still be available legally is THEOCRACY to you?

Are you trying to make a joke?

Why?

Because the GOP Anointed One wouldnt get his turn at the top of the ticket?

I think it is a good thing if it breaks the GOP elites control of the party and the Tea Party Movement takes over.

Santorum ain't Tea Party.

Unless the Tea Party has become the Big Gubmint lovin' Tea Party.

Santorum is not Big Government.

Show me where and how he is Big government when he watnts to reduce regulations, agovernment, cap federalspending at 18% of GDP, have a Balanced Budget Amendment, appoint strict constitutionalist judges and wants to reduce taxes across the board?

How the hell is that Big Government?

The only people I know who call that Big Government are anarchists and Randian Paulbots.

You in either of those, or what?

Santorum wasn't a small government guy when he was in the Senate.

But what if NO candidate gets the required number of delegates by convention time? What happens than in Tampa?

A brokered convention? Ron Paul acting as king maker? A draft Palin movement on the floor?

This could be more fun than a day at Kennywood Park!

The only distraction that could possibly be more devastating to the Republican Party than a brokered convention is a re-enactment of 1968 with the OWS folks playing the Yippies and the Tampa cops singing from Richard Daly's hymnal. I dearly hope for the OWS folks that this does not happen.

This is 1948 all over again. Remember the paper came out Dewey Defeats Truman!!! Republicans have no idea what a wave is coming because the corporate media is controlling the message. No one has ever polled me, or anyone I know.

The problem with Democratic voters is they don't understand how important midterms are. Gave the House to the Tea baggers. Now we gotta take it back in November.

Why do you think Catholics should not hold office?

Why the hate?

So being personally opposed to use of birth control while agreeing it should still be available legally is THEOCRACY to you?

Yeah..well..all the "Tea Party" types who ran on the small government meme are actively trying to have government police women's bodies by sending up all sorts of crazy laws.

If it weren't so dangerous it'd be comical.

And Reagan won by a historically huge landslide because of that?

50.7% isn't really a historic landslide. He was much more impressive in the following election.

United States presidential election, 1980 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States presidential election of 1980 featured a contest between incumbent Democrat Jimmy Carter and his Republican opponent, Ronald Reagan, as well as Republican Congress-
man John B. Anderson, who ran as an independent. Reagan, aided by the Iran hostage crisis and a worsening economy at home, won the election in a landslide, receiving the highest number of electoral votes ever won by a nonincumbent presidential candidate, and became the 40th President of the United States...

The election was held on November 4, 1980. Ronald Reagan with running mate George H.W. Bush beat Carter by almost 10 percentage points in the popular vote. Republicans also gained control of the Senate for the first time in twenty-five years on Reagan's coattails. The electoral college vote was a landslide, with 489 votes (representing 44 states) for Reagan and 49 votes for Carter (representing 6 states and the District of Columbia). NBC News projected Reagan as the winner at 8:15 pm EST (5:15 PST), before voting was finished in the West, based on exit polls. (It was the first time a broadcast network used exit polling to project a winner, and took the other broadcast networks by surprise.) Carter conceded defeat at 9:50 pm EST.[25][26] Carter's loss was the worst defeat for an incumbent President since Herbert Hoover lost to Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932 by a margin of 18%. Carter's defeat is the most lopsided defeat for any incumbent president in an election where only two candidates won electoral votes.

Can it get much worse than that for an incumbent President?

Yeah, it was a LANDSLIDE.

There's no hostages being held by enemy countries that Santorum can make a deal with..

Man, libtards are so fucking gullible, lol.

Well it helped him win.

And "applauding" an act of treason is what make you damned conservatards so lovable.

And they didn't get impeached for the Iran Contra affair but Clinton got impeached for a bj?

Reagan beat the USSR but he also empowered Iran and Bin Ladin.

Yeah..well..all the "Tea Party" types who ran on the small government meme are actively trying to have government police women's bodies by sending up all sorts of crazy laws.

If it weren't so dangerous it'd be comical.

If it were actually true it might be dangerous. Considering the hundreds of thousands of females that die in abortion each year, I dont see how it is anti-female at all.

I suspect you just hate conservative Catholics.

There's no hostages being held by enemy countries that Santorum can make a deal with..

Man, libtards are so fucking gullible, lol.

Well it helped him win.

And "applauding" an act of treason is what make you damned conservatards so lovable.

And making up shit is what makes you liberals so fucking hysterical.

What treason, Sherlock?

Forum List

Back