If Rush or Sean Would Have Said This......

and you are suggesting, by contrast, the the republican party is one giant homongenous monolithic group of people with identical priorities?

If that were the case, one wonders why they were able to get so little accomplished in the past six years? I mean, if the republican party is of one mind, why do we still have social security? Why wasn't there a gay marriage amendment sent out to the states? Why is there still a department of education?

:lol:

You reallly ;have a bad habit of putting words in people mouths. No wonder you think you always win any arguement, hell, you are arguing for both sides.

You reallly ;have a bad habit of putting words in people mouths. No wonder you think you always win any arguement, hell, you are arguing for both sides.

you did say this

The Democrats are represented by a lot of small interest groups. NONE of them come close to making a majority

oh, and by the way, what was her bar fine?

You obviously have no clue what conservatism is. Perhaps they are "conservative" in an international sense. But conservatives in this nation are trying to conserve liberty established by the constitution. When the values you are trying to conserve are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness its hard to pretend that those conservatives are anything like the so called "Muslims conservatives" who espouse a culture of death, government oppression, and misery. Sounds more like the so called "liberals" in America to me.

Let's compare shall we......

AL QAIDA = RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVES
REPUBLICAN = RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVES

AL QAIDA = HATE LIBERALS
REPUBLICAN = HATE LIBERALS

AL QAIDA = HATE HOMOSEXUALS
REPUBLICAN = HATE HOMOSEXUALS

AL QAIDA = COMMIT VIOLENCE IN THE NAME OF ALLAH
REPUBLICAN = COMMIT VIOLENCE IN THE NAME OF GOD (Bush invades Iraq because god told him to do so)

AL QAIDA = BELIEVE WHAT WE BELIEVE OR DIE.
REPUBLICAN = BELIEVE WHAT WE BELIEVE OR DIE.

Looks like REPUBLICANS have more in common with AL QAIDA than liberals. Go figure!!

here you go, that says it all.
Imus is anything but a a liberal. get your facts straight or don't post on something you have ZERO clue about.

:eusa_hand: :eusa_hand: :eusa_hand: :eusa_hand:

Imus openly supported Kerry, he smeared Pres Bush, VP Cheney, Sen Allen, Sen Santorum, and has more liberal guests then conservatives

The only mistake Imus made was he attacked a protected liberal group - now he is feeling their wrath

you did say this

The Democrats are represented by a lot of small interest groups. NONE of them come close to making a majority

oh, and by the way, what was her bar fine?

union thugs, NAACP, NOW, ACLU, NARAL, GLAD, peace nik groups, Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, and ANSWER

Need more liberal special interest groups that make up the kook left?

Growing frustrated on Sharpton's show today, Imus said "I can't win with you people." Sharpton was clearly irritated by the remark.

:wtf:

It is fun to watch liberals eat their own..............

Misogyny in the Morning

By Eugene Robinson
Tuesday, April 10, 2007; Page A17

What would possess nappy-headed radio host Don Imus to think "nappy-headed hos" was an amusing way to describe the Rutgers University women's basketball team? Why would it occur to him to say such a thing even in private conversation, much less to millions of listeners on CBS Radio and the MSNBC cable network?

The simple answer would be -- all together now -- racism. Imus employed that horribly offensive phrase against young black women who are students at a great university and who also happen to be superb athletes. If I had a daughter on that team, I'd want to slap that cowboy hat right off Imus's unkempt head.

At this writing, Imus is in full self-flagellation mode. He made the offending comment last Wednesday. On Thursday, he dismissed the whole thing as unimportant. On Friday, as criticism mounted, he apologized. Yesterday, MSNBC and CBS Radio suspended his show for two weeks. By then, Imus had entered the soul-searching phase, apologizing again and telling listeners, "I'm not a bad person. I'm a good person, but I said a bad thing. But these young women deserve to know it was not said with malice."

I can accept that Imus doesn't believe he is racist, but "nappy-headed hos" had to come from somewhere. Jobs have been lost and careers ruined for similar rhetorical offenses. The Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have called for Imus to resign or be fired, as have officials from the NAACP and the National Association of Black Journalists. I'd shed no tears if Imus were compelled to retire to his ranch, where he could sit at a microphone every morning and regale the livestock with late-breaking opinions.

But I'd rather lock him in a room with the parents of those Rutgers kids and let him try to explain himself. I'm not sure that kicking him off the air would accomplish much of anything, since there would still be plenty of morning radio jocks spewing racism, misogyny and other forms of cruelty for the amusement of gridlock-bound commuters. Howard Stern, another radio superstar who has expanded into television, recently held a degrading "Miss Black Howard Stern" contest.

Drive-time radio has become a free-fire zone, a forum for crude and objectionable speech that would be out of bounds anywhere else. There's an intimacy about radio. The medium creates the illusion of privacy -- it's just the jock and his or her entourage speaking to you, the listener, alone in your car where nobody else can hear.

Maybe, in your heart of hearts, you think some of those stereotypes are true -- about black people, or white people, or Latinos or Asians. Somewhere on the radio dial you'll find some jock who not only agrees but is willing to say so out loud, willing to ridicule those "others" and thus cut them down to size. You can have all your prejudices confirmed on your way to work. It's almost like putting on a suit of psychological armor.

If anything, Imus is more substantive and less offensive than many of his competitors. In a sense, that's one reason for his current predicament. Prominent politicians and other notables regularly call in to his show, and sometimes actual news is made -- which brings him greater scrutiny. You can be a shock jock or you can be a respected interviewer, but you can't be both.

One question remains, though: Why would Imus think to use the word "ho" to describe those young women from Rutgers -- or, for that matter, to describe any women?

The word is an abbreviation of "whore" that was introduced to the popular lexicon by hip-hop music and that appears to have become firmly established. We know what the word used to mean, but it's not so clear just what it means now.

Rappers use it as basically a synonym for "woman," but their lyrics are so focused on sex that the word retains the connotation of loose morals. The word is often used these days in contexts where that sexual connotation is ignored. It's still there, though.

It's easy to surmise that Imus came out with the word "ho" because hip-hop is an African American art form and he associated the word with black women. He knew nothing about those women from Rutgers, except that they were black. It's hard to imagine him describing, say, a Swedish basketball team as a bunch of "stringy-haired hos."

That's something for Imus to think about as he performs the ritual public examination of his soul -- and fights to keep his job. Meanwhile, the rest of us should banish that hateful word "ho" from the language.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/09/AR2007040901003.html

Imus openly supported Kerry, he smeared Pres Bush, VP Cheney, Sen Allen, Sen Santorum, and has more liberal guests then conservatives

The only mistake Imus made was he attacked a protected liberal group - now he is feeling their wrath

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:
You really have no clue.
oh no, he 'smeared' da chimp!
absolutely clueless, a protected liberal group???
:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

you did say this

The Democrats are represented by a lot of small interest groups. NONE of them come close to making a majority?[/B]

Uh, and that means absolutely NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA about the Republican party.

[oh, and by the way, what was her bar fine?

Well, actually, you should be asking HOW MUCH was her bar fine. If you are going to pretend you have experience with something, and try to insult them, get the lingo right, SALAMAT.

Maybe you could try and guess what bar she worked in

Uh, and that means absolutely NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA about the Republican party.

Well, actually, you should be asking HOW MUCH was her far fine. If you are going to pretend you have experience with something, and try to insult them, get the lingo right, SALAMAT.

Maybe you could try and guess what bar she worked in

mama Jolo's? Subic City?

Did I get it right?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
another snooze from you, what a surprise. You get your panties in a twist over everything!

Kindergarten closed today due to snow? Go play with your toys - adults are talking here

I wonder if we would ahve heard more about this if Rush or Sean would ahve made these comments?

Of course Imus is a liberal butt kisser so not much has ben reported. If a conservative host would have made these comments Pelosi and reid would trample over each other to get to the TV cameras

so which is it? it seems to me that the liberal media has been all over this story nonstop.... my guess is that they would have been all over it if Hannity of Rush "OXYmoron" Limbaugh had said it too. What ARE you really bitching about in this thread?

I wonder if we would ahve heard more about this if Rush or Sean would ahve made these comments?

Of course Imus is a liberal butt kisser so not much has ben reported. If a conservative host would have made these comments Pelosi and reid would trample over each other to get to the TV cameras

so which is it? it seems to me that the liberal media has been all over this story nonstop.... my guess is that they would have been all over it if Hannity of Rush "OXYmoron" Limbaugh had said it too. What ARE you really bitching about in this thread?

Days after the event - only when Rev Al And Jessis got in front of the cameras and started to play the race card

New Topics

Forum List

Back