If Rubio is picked for VP we may have the Whitehouse for the next 16 years

i hope todays health-care decision wil anger Marco Rubio to the point where he will reconsider the VP spot to insure Romney a win !!!!

I can't wait to hear how Romney is going to explain, during a debate or any other time, how the ACA is such a horrible thing now that it has been found to be constitutionally sound, when the legislation is basically identical to Romneycare in Massachusetts. He can no longer use the argument that it should be left up to the states based on it being unconstitutional, so what does he do now, tell us Romneycare was a bad plan and that he is an idiot for putting it together in the first place? If so, how could we possibly trust him to come up with an even better plan? He has put himself in a corner on this, and he is going to have a real tough time fighting his way out of it.

Had he not been so opposed he could just brush it off and concentrate on the economy. That time is passed; this election is now about ACA almost completely.

Whats wrong with Rubio? A fresh mind not corrupted by years of political bullshit.

I would prefer a mind that has ripened a bit, I may want Romney to win. Rubio will help with Florida but not much else, he isn't the sharpest nail in the barrel. Better than Sancto or the Newt, yes, but Romney has many superior choices.

Such as who? And what do you know about Rubio beyond the talking heads? Have you ever listened to his speeches or read his book?

Yes, and I get his emails also. I live in Florida, think Rice would be a fantastic pick, Kirk or Ellmers also good. Tim Scott from SC is certainly a fresh face. He could carry a few states for Romney; smart, articulate and conservative.

I would prefer a mind that has ripened a bit, I may want Romney to win. Rubio will help with Florida but not much else, he isn't the sharpest nail in the barrel. Better than Sancto or the Newt, yes, but Romney has many superior choices.

Such as who? And what do you know about Rubio beyond the talking heads? Have you ever listened to his speeches or read his book?

Yes, and I get his emails also. I live in Florida, think Rice would be a fantastic pick, Kirk or Ellmers also good. Tim Scott from SC is certainly a fresh face. He could carry a few states for Romney; smart, articulate and conservative.

See, I dont think Rice could stand the heat. I think she is a fantastic woman but she has never held and elective position.

Unless Romney fucks it up with liberal policies or war bullshit.

Romney/Rubio 2012-2020

Rubio/? 2020-2028

Now if we can just get congress to pull they're collective heads out of their asses.

So, the GOP would be okay with Marco Rubio serving as VP? Were his parents legal immigrants at the time he was born (1971)?

If not, one might come to the conclusion those who were against the dream act, and support an anchor baby for VP, are hypocrites.

Sure looks that way to me.

Unless Romney fucks it up with liberal policies or war bullshit.

Romney/Rubio 2012-2020

Rubio/? 2020-2028

Now if we can just get congress to pull they're collective heads out of their asses.

So, the GOP would be okay with Marco Rubio serving as VP? Were his parents legal immigrants at the time he was born (1971)?

If not, one might come to the conclusion those who were against the dream act, and support an anchor baby for VP, are hypocrites.

You a birther now? Im not and seeing as how this is my thread I dont see how such stupidity is relevant.

You a birther now? Im not and seeing as how this is my thread I dont see how such stupidity is relevant.

Anchor babies. Nothing to do with birfers. Everybody is so bent on the Right about Anchor Babies, and apparently Rubio is one.

Last edited:

Anchor babies. Nothing to do with birfers. Everybody is so bent on the Right about Anchor Babies, and apparently Rubio is one.

True of not it isnt relevant as an anchor baby is a citizen no?

And before you spout off please find a post by me bitching about anchor babies.

But he is a republican anchor baby!

Sheesh BB you know that stuff does not apply to them.

Find a post of me bitching about anchor babies... I will pay pal you 100 bucks.

How come he gets $100 and I don't!?

/snit

Sides. Just because you started the thread doesn't mean it's all about you. Trust.

While I want our borders locked down I am a compassionate person about the issue. I was lambasted by the right for my position but I have not changed my mind. Newt put forth the most sensible idea about it Ive heard and I jumped on rightwingers about blasting him for it. Expecting to deport millions upon millions of illegals is unrealistic and unaffordable. We need to LOCK the border down and deal with them case by case.

I would NEVER begrudge a family for wanting a better life for their children or themselves. That is the nature of every human being and we would all do the same if presented the opportunity.

How come he gets $100 and I don't!?

/snit

Sides. Just because you started the thread doesn't mean it's all about you. Trust.

You're chatting with me, right? :confused::confused:

See, I dont think Rice could stand the heat. I think she is a fantastic woman but she has never held and elective position.

True, but she took heat as SoS, and will make a good "not a career politician" choice. Romney can also even out the "born rich" tag he has acquired. Rice had to work her way through college, and graduate school; of the four, she may be most able to relate to the 'working Americans".

Rubio already stated numerous times he will in no way, shape, or form accept the VP bid, even going as far as declining to go to Romney's secret billionaires retreat.

He knows Willard is toxic and is going to lose. Even if somehow he did get the VP nom, the birther brigade would be out in full force sinking his ship even further.

Hummm, but when he speaks he seems to say otherwise:

"If I do a good job as vice president," he said, before quickly correcting himself. "I'm sorry. If I do a good job as a senator, instead of as vice president."

Rubio says, 'No' (again) to being VP, but slips: 'If I do a good job as vice president...' - First Read

Forum List

Back