If Ron Paul becomes president....

Will he foot the bill for the White House from his personal funds?

George Washington paid rent for the Samuel Osgood house.

:eusa_whistle:

he'd do that just like he adhered to his own belief in term limits...

not...

and to his own distaste for earmarks...

not...

luckily it's not going to be an issue.

Funny how when Ron Paul supports term limits but doesn't term limit himself he's a hypocrite, but Elizabeth Warren taking Wall Street money is another story.

youb know... that's all well and good. the problem is that we can't have campaign finance reform and until we do (not that that can happen b/c of citizen's united, but...) you don't win elections without having money. it's really that simple. you'd have to be a moron to turn down money. it's like telling your opponent... no, you take the win, i'm not serious...

and elizabeth warren isn't stupid.

Isn't it proof that Ron Paul isn't stupid for not term limiting himself since term limits aren't binding on everybody?

It's different when a democrat does it, with jillian.

In her world, Paul should not seek reelection to prove his principles. That will teach Congress! :rolleyes:

It's rather ironic that you made such an uneducated comment on education. :eusa_whistle:

Please don't back up your comments with any evidence.

Hey Bobo, your the one who made the wild assed assertion, I'll back my comment up right after you back your's up.

Its not a wild assertion to suggest that yanking billions of dollars in funding for higher education will make it harder for folks to go to college, its just common fucking sense.

Please don't back up your comments with any evidence.

Hey Bobo, your the one who made the wild assed assertion, I'll back my comment up right after you back your's up.

Its not a wild assertion to suggest that yanking billions of dollars in funding for higher education will make it harder for folks to go to college, its just common fucking sense.

So yanking those billions of dollars from gov't, and putting it in the people's hands in the form of tax cuts, would make it harder to go to college?

Even though the parents and college aged citizens would have more money in their pocket?

Once you get into an in depth convo with big gov't supporters, you really do start to understand their sad stances on the issues.

So yanking those billions of dollars from gov't, and putting it in the people's hands in the form of tax cuts, would make it harder to go to college?

Most of those tax cuts would go to people who already have gone to college or who can well afford it - so yes.
Even though the parents and college aged citizens would have more money in their pocket?

College aged citizens who don't already have degrees don't generally pay any significant taxes, so there isn't really much to give back to them.

Its really just common sense,come on man.

Once you get into an in depth convo with big gov't supporters, you really do start to understand their sad stances on the issues.

Common sense is sad?

Most of those tax cuts would go to people who already have gone to college or who can well afford it - so yes.

College aged citizens who don't already have degrees don't generally pay any significant taxes, so there isn't really much to give back to them.

Its really just common sense,come on man.

Common sense is sad?

I'm talking about parents being able to save for their kids college, if they had more money, they could save more for their kids college.

Yes you're right, it is common sense. But often times partisan propaganda like what you've been sold, over rides common sense.

Isn't it proof that Ron Paul isn't stupid for not term limiting himself since term limits aren't binding on everybody?

Is that why he also wouldn't pay rent for the White House?

That was a tongue in cheek response to Jillian. We can only speculate what Ron Paul would do in regards to the White House. He's never talked about this as far as I know.

Wow, I read all 89 posts and watched the Video.

Now I don't seem to have a mainstream candidate I want to vote for.

I agree with Ron Paul's philosophy but the US has, IMO, placed itself out of reach as far as implementing his ideas.

I fear, if elected, his impact would probably be minimal and his presidency ineffective.

President Obama on the other hand has pushed through much of his spending agenda, with good prospects of more debt ceiling raises. He has greater probability of getting reelected over any existing candidates and has amassed a campaign war chest greater than any other. This is according to recent articles I read on Yahoo.com

I will vote, regardless, but for whom? However, I do believe one of the Louisiana swamp people is a candidate.

Last edited:
Of Paul become POTUS and actually did all the stuff he claims he'd like to do?

The USA would go into a depression that would make the GREAT DEPRESSION pale in comparison.

I expect the MASTERS would have him assassinated.

Forum List

Back