If Romney wins, what does that mean for working people?

Decepticon

Rookie
Jan 11, 2012
romneydogroof2.gif

It means WE'RE THE DOG!

I dont know what he would do.

I think there is a better chance he would act in a decent manner than Newt would.

In newts world we would be his high school math teacher.

I think you will see him work to get Business up and running and hiring again.

Investments in business and restoration of stability will mean more people will start working. This will come as a disappointment and tragedy to liberals who believe unemployment is the road to prosperity.

Romney's career was in taking businesses apart, not putting them back together. I would assume we would see more of that, coupled with a tax cut in capital gains, which would, you know, not really help working people at all.

romney didnt specialize in creating jobs.

He specialized in gleening profit out of companies in trouble.

He also has no idea what its like to work for a living.

He wants all the repossesions to be hurried along.

Its good for his business

romneydogroof2.gif

It means WE'RE THE DOG!

What does it mean for the working people? The same status quo. What's it mean for the wealthy? Even a higher percentage of the National Income.
But then let's be honest, the working class has been going down economically since the 1980's. In other words, the working class has been going downwards economically under both GOP and Dem presidents and Obama is no different.
Off-shoring has had much to do with this sad state of affairs. America must invest in the education of it's workforce so the US can compete much better on the world stage. The US must encourage American companies to invest in America where these companies got their start. And if means tax credits for hiring Americans and investment in the education/training of the US workforce, I'm all for it! And if it means taking away tax credits for American companies that offshore, fine! Why should any company get any tax credits for not investing in America? It's frigging un-American.

He see everything from a Rich mans prospective.

People are just cogs in the wheels.

They are of very little worth.

Romney's career was in taking businesses apart, not putting them back together. I would assume we would see more of that, coupled with a tax cut in capital gains, which would, you know, not really help working people at all.

That is bullshit. Utter bullshit.

He wasn't in the business of 'job creation', he was in the business of investing in companies to make them more profitable. And he was remarkably good at it... jobs are a by-product of profitability. The more business you bring in, the more people you need. Not overly complicated.

He see everything from a Rich mans prospective.

People are just cogs in the wheels.

They are of very little worth.

That's crap.

If he didn't care about people, why the fuck did he set up a charitable trust to actually use substantial amounts of his own income to help people?

You're a fucking hack.

You bet she is.

If Romney were a Dem she'd be falling all over his every word and nothing he did would be bad. It would all be to help the "people."

Partisan, moron hack.

You poor progressives amuse me. We've had three plus years of Barack Obama, a man who came to the Oval Office with zero business experience and zero executive experience and has shown that lack of experience every day since...but you think Mitt Romney, a man with twenty five highly successful years as a business executive, a man who successfully governed as a Republican in a highly Democratic Massachusetts, a man who turned around the Salt Lake Olympics when it looked like the whole thing was going ot implode...you think "he" is going to hurt working people!

Here's a concept that may be hard for you to understand...

Working people need jobs. They don't need rhetoric and promises. They need money coming in the door to pay their mortgage, credit card bills and car payments. Barack Obama has given those people unemployment and food stamps. Guess what? They'd rather have a JOB!!!

He wasn't in the business of 'job creation', he was in the business of investing in companies to make them more profitable. And he was remarkably good at it... jobs are a by-product of profitability. The more business you bring in, the more people you need. Not overly complicated.

Ummm, are you not aware that the quickest way to make a business more profitable is by reducing liabilities? Ie. Trimming down your payroll and laying people off.

You're right though. He wasn't in the business of job creation. He was in the business of making money, which often runs counter to job creation.

The part I bolded is factually incorrect. Companies right now are making record profits and not hiring. If Romney believes as you do, we would be hosed.

What does it mean for the working people?

Well more taxes of course for the working people and fewer taxes for the rich. Watch what you wish for you sheep.

Worry not dems.

If elected your dream of inefficient expensive gov't healthcare will continue, your love of spending us into oblivion will continue, and you'll have plenty more debt that you've thanked Obama for.

So if Mitt is elected, he'll give you the same delightful things Obama has.

We've had 30 years of this trickle-down, supply-side economics bullshit.

More than enough time to kick in and work it's magic.

So where are the jobs?

Forum List

Back