If Romney Wins The Patriotic Vote...

My assumption has always been that most military and their family were at one point in the back-pocket of Republicans, before they started sending them to die all over the middle east.

I think now, as Catz has illustrated, many families want their men and women back home, and are fed up with this conflict that seems to have no end in sight. They know Romney will have them in Iran before long.

Coming from a strongly military family, I neither hear that nor do the military in my family hear that. I only hear it from the left who hear what they want to hear. And don't bother saying I'm the one who hears what I want to hear, I argue with them ... against ... the wars and why we are in them.

I didn't just make that up. I thank your family for their dedication to the country, but it's only one family as far as opinions go.

Actually as I said, it's not "one family." It's one family and everyone they know. The polls show active and retired military are strongly supporting Romney. You're the one making ridiculous claims with a dearth of support.

I understand why the military don't want to lose in the middle east, but I don't understand why they don't want to change the mission. They don't see it like you and I do. Recognize that, don't deny reality just because it serves your political objective.

Last edited:
My assumption has always been that most military and their family were at one point in the back-pocket of Republicans, before they started sending them to die all over the middle east.

I think now, as Catz has illustrated, many families want their men and women back home, and are fed up with this conflict that seems to have no end in sight. They know Romney will have them in Iran before long.

It took obama to change the rules to increase the casualties. For that purpose. Just like he has reduced troop strength to eliminate the ability of our military to defend themselves.

I agree, obama would not have us in Iran, he believes in surrender being the only appropriate retaliatory act to any attack.

Iran won't be attacking us unprovoked.

But when you view the US as forever innocent I'm sure you'll see it as unprovoked.

Iran won't attack us unprovoked! Did you just say that? Newsflash, our EXISTENCE provokes them! They are religious fanatics.

It took obama to change the rules to increase the casualties. For that purpose. Just like he has reduced troop strength to eliminate the ability of our military to defend themselves.

I agree, obama would not have us in Iran, he believes in surrender being the only appropriate retaliatory act to any attack.

But when you view the US as forever innocent I'm sure you'll see it as unprovoked.

Iran won't attack us unprovoked! Did you just say that? Newsflash, our EXISTENCE provokes them! They are religious fanatics.

Actually I believe it's Israel's existence. I know sometimes you folks get the two confused.

He will win the election...just sayin

Patriot..one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests..

patriotism.jpg

I can do with less patriotism, its an unnatural, irrational, and harmful way to run a government for the people. A war, its your Patriotic duty for the group you live with along with some oversight.​

Last edited:
Coming from a strongly military family, I neither hear that nor do the military in my family hear that. I only hear it from the left who hear what they want to hear. And don't bother saying I'm the one who hears what I want to hear, I argue with them ... against ... the wars and why we are in them.

I didn't just make that up. I thank your family for their dedication to the country, but it's only one family as far as opinions go.

Actually as I said, it's not "one family." It's one family and everyone they know. The polls show active and retired military are strongly supporting Romney. You're the one making ridiculous claims with a dearth of support.

I understand why the military don't want to lose in the middle east, but I don't understand why they don't want to change the mission. They don't see it like you and I do. Recognize that, don't deny reality just because it serves your political objective.

That's great dude.

I'm not trying to claim all military personnel are either for or against Obama or Romney.

I leave the generalizations up to you. :thup:

That's great dude.

I'm not trying to claim all military personnel are either for or against Obama or Romney.

"Strongly supporting" is a "generalization?" You really are not capable of not being a useless dick, are you?

Last edited:

That's great dude.

"Strongly supporting" is a "generalization?" You really are not capable of not being a useless dick, are you?

Useless dick > blubbering retard

Actually I believe it's Israel's existence. I know sometimes you folks get the two confused.

That's why muslims call us the Great Satan and Israel the Little Satan! I understand. You believe that if we hand Israel over for destruction it will bring peace to the world. That would be wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion.

That's great dude.

Useless dick > blubbering retard

I'll let you rate your faults. Your lofty standard for yourself is that if anyone in the military questions Romney, then the military questions Romney. If the majority of the military question Obama, it's irrelevant. Blubbering retard and useless dick would both apply to that one, so you're going to have to rate them on some other issue. When are you one but not the other?

Last edited:

That's why muslims call us the Great Satan and Israel the Little Satan! I understand. You believe that if we hand Israel over for destruction it will bring peace to the world. That would be wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I think the only thing that puts us in the position of near war with Iran is Israel.

I like how you jumped from war with Iran to world peace.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say. :thup:

My family is also military, and we see it differently.

Please post the polls that you claim exist.

This is an interesting article on the subject:

Veterans and active-military members vote as voters. When it comes to picking a president, they care about jobs, health insurance, and other kitchen-table issues – just like everyone else.

Consider that veterans narrowly favored Bill Clinton, who some called a draft dodger, over World War II hero George H.W. Bush in 1992, while Bush’s son won the military vote in 2004 by 16 percentage points against decorated Vietnam veteran John Kerry. Republican John McCain, who survived captivity in Vietnam, won the military vote in 2008, but only by 10 percentage points.

“There’s this idea that veterans have a shared outlook and interests, but voting behavior is usually explained by other factors, like party affiliation, ideology and religion,’’ said Benjamin Bishin, an associate professor at the University of California-Riverside, who studied exit poll results from more than 20 elections between 1992 and 2002.

A 'Military Vote' That Doesn't Really Exist - NationalJournal.com

I haven't seen any recent polls of military personnel/veterans, and the ones I could find, from May, are split in their findings.

The Reuters poll shows veterans supporting Obama.
Interactive: Weary warriors favor Obama | Reuters

The Gallop poll shows veterans supporting Romney.
Veterans Give Romney Big Lead Over Obama

One thing that's interesting in both polls is the large number of undecided military voters.

There is no "patriotic vote". There are people who consider themselves equally as patriotic on both sides.

Patriot..one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests..

That wouldn't be Republicans. They hate at least 47% of the country.

I haven't seen any recent polls of military personnel/veterans, and the ones I could find, from May, are split in their findings

Your best poll gave a sitting President a 5 point lead over a guy who was at that point still contending for the Republican nomination with undecideds at 4 times the difference. Wow, I'm unimpressed. When the nomination is still in contention and for a time thereafter, the supporters of other Republicans frequently won't commit to supporting other candidates over their candidate. As Obama showed against Hillary 4 years ago, that doesn't last to the election.

That wouldn't be Republicans. They hate at least 47% of the country.

Funny how you determine that something is "hate".

You've been a low-brow moron from day one.

Can you please tell us where you were educated so we can write on your behalf and suggest that they give you your money back.....you were really screwed.

Forum List

Back