If Romney Wins The Patriotic Vote...

And..... Obama is a train wreck. Without his media acolytes supporting him, and running cover for him, he is as useless as a top with no spin. He's got nothing to offer besides recycled food. ;) Watch where you step. :D

No argument about Obama and yet the election is far closer than it should be. Had the GOPers offered the voters an actual alternative to more of the same, perhaps this discussion would be moot.

Ole warbler, when in doubt his auto default is to his obsession/fascination with homosexual male intercourse.

Another guy with "Dick" on his mind 24/7

Why don't you and that other non-serving turd in this thread get a room.

Ole warbler, when in doubt his auto default is to his obsession/fascination with homosexual male intercourse.

Another guy with "Dick" on his mind 24/7

Why don't you and that other non-serving turd in this thread get a room.
Ahh, the keyboard bad ass biker fag.
Raping the taxpayer for the rest of his life just because he hid out in the galley for 20. Big fucking deal.

He will win the election...just sayin

Patriot..one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests..

So, my husband who has served for 16 years in the U.S. Navy, including a stint in Tikrit during the Iraq war, is less of a patriot than your couch-sitting stupid pasty ass, because he's going to vote for Obama? And I've worked for 20+ years with law enforcement efforts to reduce violent crime, and I'm not a patriot either, because I'm also going to vote for Obama?

This is why you people can't have nice things, like the presidency.

Last edited:
He will win the election...just sayin

Patriot..one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests..

So, my husband who has served for 16 years in the U.S. Navy, including a stint in Tikrit during the Iraq war, is less of a patriot than your couch-sitting stupid pasty ass, because he's going to vote for Obama? And I've worked for 20+ years with law enforcement efforts to reduce violent crime, and I'm not a patriot either, because I'm also going to vote for Obama?

Go suck a bag of dicks.

This is why you people can't have nice things, like the presidency.

He meant people that don't think so good, like himself.

Someone can be exceptionally patriotic, and be gullible at the same time. Supporting the country is patriotic. Believing that obama has done a good job as president is being gullible.

Obama is loathed by the military today as much (maybe more) than we loathed Carter and Clinton during my years in the service.

Maybe the retired military, but the active duty personnel, by and large, are sick and tired of being activated to dirty shitty middle eastern countries to die for political reasons.

Military Vote Seen As A Key To Capturing Virginia : It's All Politics : NPR

Money quote:

"The military vote cannot be taken for granted," says Tyre Nelson, 42, a retired Navy lieutenant, who says he has been a lifelong Republican but this year he expects to cross party lines.

"In 2008, I voted for Sen. John McCain, but this year I am supporting President Obama for re-election," says Nelson. "He has proven that he can support veterans' issues, over the last four years, not through any sort of discourse but through actions, actual legislation."

Nelson points to improvements in military health care, and programs to hire veterans. He also highlights what he calls the recklessness of the George W. Bush administration, and the wars that cost lives and money. Nelson says those eight years cost Republicans credibility with the military.

I think the comments under the article are equally interesting:

Sarah Dale•5 days ago−
I am a Virginia resident and a military wife. I would like to see a list of names of military spouses that have experienced their loved ones going to combat and coming back, or worse, not coming back at all, that still support a pro-war, pro-military agenda.

While some military families might rely on a bloated defense budget for their livelihood, I can't imagine that any of those people who are pro-war have had the experience of going to combat themselves or watching what a family member goes through after returning from combat. After going through that, how could you still support war?

Jim Harrell•5 days ago−

I am a retired colonel, who also happened to serve in Iraq. My view is that the Republican Party walked away from me. The war in Iraq was commenced against all the best advice of military experts and thinkers, including many retired flag officers. In 2008, John McCain, a man who has given so much for this nation, walked away from his "maverick" ideas about going to war only when it made sense, so that he could curry favor with the Far Right and the Karl Rove group (do not even mention his inexlicable running mate choice). In 2012, Mitt Romney is globbing on to the "let's just kick ass" foreign policy of the Bush Years, no matter how unworkable or nonsensical it may be. So the idea that we who have served this nation in the military are automatically in the court of the current Republican gang is questionable at best. When the GOP wakes up and moves back to its centrist base (yes, Lincoln was a centrist who had the guts to stand up to his commanders) then perhaps more retired officers like me will support the party. Until then, I cannot in good conscience do so.

I know a lot of military families and personnel via my husband. They are not in the back pockets of the Republicans, by any stretch of the imagination.

Someone can be exceptionally patriotic, and be gullible at the same time. Supporting the country is patriotic. Believing that obama has done a good job as president is being gullible.

^Plotting treason against her country and thinks it's fine and dandy to do so.

And..... Obama is a train wreck. Without his media acolytes supporting him, and running cover for him, he is as useless as a top with no spin. He's got nothing to offer besides recycled food. ;) Watch where you step. :D

lots of presidents have sucked

did voting for them make someone not a patriot?

We both know that, the argument is absurd. The better question is what exactly about our Country, are We as, Individuals, bearing Allegiance to? Authority without cause, qualification, and consent, should be of concern to all Patriots, no? The question has always been, "Where is the line of distinction drawn?" Constitutionally, there is Intent, Rule of Law, and Due Process. When we resort to Imagination to Divine what clearly is not there in the first place, to impose new powers, we circumvent, don't we. Why not instead, learn to play by the rules?

We both know that, the argument is absurd. The better question is what exactly about our Country, are We as, Individuals, bearing Allegiance to? Authority without cause, qualification, and consent, should be of concern to all Patriots, no? The question has always been, "Where is the line of distinction drawn?" Constitutionally, there is Intent, Rule of Law, and Due Process. When we resort to Imagination to Divine what clearly is not there in the first place, to impose new powers, we circumvent, don't we. Why not instead, learn to play by the rules?

So, you were a fan of the Patriot Act?

lots of presidents have sucked

did voting for them make someone not a patriot?

no offense, but if you think a romney presidency will achieve anything like that, you're delusional

Forum List

Back