If Romney sweeps Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
If Romney sweeps Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada then he will get 273 electoral votes and win the election and he won't even need to win Ohio, Penn, Wisc, Michigan.

My analysis is based on Romney winning the so-called toss-up states Virginia, NC, Florida and Colorado.

I'm not convinced Romney will sweep those three states as they're all allegedly close. So, I think it is likely that Romney will have to win one of those four big prize states and it explains his major ground game in a state like Ohio.

If Romney sweeps Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada then he will get 273 electoral votes and win the election and he won't even need to win Ohio, Penn, Wisc, Michigan.

My analysis is based on Romney winning the so-called toss-up states Virginia, NC, Florida and Colorado.

I'm not convinced Romney will sweep those three states as they're all allegedly close. So, I think it is likely that Romney will have to win one of those four big prize states and it explains his major ground game in a state like Ohio.

The snag is there’s noting in the polling data to suggest this will happen.

Undecideds traditionally break for the challenger.

Romney has the momentum.

Obama is on defense.

Libs are desperate.

romney doesn't have the momentum anymore. it stopped after debate 3. he's flatlined mostly and actually lost electoral votes on the RCP.

i think most of us are pretty rational in how we're looking at this. we're not running around shrieking 'we win'...

before we actually do.

Last edited:

Nevada:

WSJ: October 25, 2012, 6:32 p.m. ET

Poll: Colorado Race Deadlocked
Obama Holds Slight Lead Over Romney in Nevada; Narrow Margins Illustrate Tight Nature of Contest

Poll: Romney Tied in Colorado, Close in Nevada - WSJ.com

----

SF Gate: Obama Leads in Nevada And Ohio Polls as Romney Ties in Colorado
Jonathan D. Salant, ©2012 Bloomberg News
Published 3:12 p.m., Friday, October 26, 2012

Read more: Obama Leads in Nevada And Ohio Polls as Romney Ties in Colorado - SFGate

Undecideds traditionally break for the challenger.

Romney has the momentum.

Obama is on defense.

Libs are desperate.

Five ultra close elections that were decided by under 10,000 votes in just one state.

1812 Pennsylvania
1884 New York
1916 California
1960 Illinois
2000 Florida

This might be one of those years again in Ohio.

I do not predict a close Electoral vote. Either Romney will win in a landslide or Obama will win 300+ Electoral votes by smaller margins.

In what universe does Romney win Nevada? Not a single poll has shown him ahead in that state

the president is also up in new hampshire and iowa.

and ohio.

but he won't let facts get in his way. he never does.

Iowa and New Hampshire have been statistical dead heats for a long time. Nevada is also within the margin of error. None of the three states are in the bag for either candidate and they should be nail biters.

Forum List

Back