If Romney lied during the debate, how come Obama didn't catch him?

The Professor

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2011
I have read more than a few comments from Obama supporters who claimed that Romney won the debate only because he told a bunch of lies. But if that's true, then all it proves is that Obama is a tad dimwitted and detached. Look, guys and gals, if the lies were so obvious that everyone else could see it, how is it that Barack Obama, purportedly the most intelligent president in history, failed to grasp it? Was he still on that old college high? Was his brain still on the golf course?

An alert and intelligent person would have seen each lie and would have responded to it, but apparently everything went way over Obama's head. Actually, it's kinda scary. I mean, if Romney can lie and Obama doesn't realize it, how can the big O be trusted to engage in international relations. If Romney can con Obama, then so can the leaders of other countries.

What Obama's defenders do not realize is that by calling Romney a liar, they inadvertently accused their cherished leader of being clueless and out of touch.

Every political candidate lies, and Obama is certainly no exception. Therefore, given a choice between two liars, I would select the man who was at least smart enough to know when the other fella wasn't telling the truth.

I have read more than a few comments from Obama supporters who claimed that Romney won the debate only because he told a bunch of lies. But if that's true, then all it proves is that Obama is a tad dimwitted and detached. Look, guys and gals, if the lies were so obvious that everyone else could see it, how is it that Barack Obama, purportedly the most intelligent president in history, failed to grasp it? Was he still on that old college high? Was his brain still on the golf course?

An alert and intelligent person would have seen each lie and would have responded to it, but apparently everything went way over Obama's head. Actually, it's kinda scary. I mean, if Romney can lie and Obama doesn't realize it, how can the big O be trusted to engage in international relations. If Romney can con Obama, then so can the leaders of other countries.

What Obama's defenders do not realize is that by calling Romney a liar, they inadvertently accused their cherished leader of being clueless and out of touch.

Every political candidate lies, and Obama is certainly no exception. Therefore, given a choice between two liars, I would select the man who was at least smart enough to know when the other fella wasn't telling the truth.
The only liars, pre-debate, during the debate, and post-debate are the Obama Administration and the shadow government of USMB.

Because he was to Busy repeating his own Lies over and over.

Something was up with Obama, I think things will be different in the next debate. He is usually so up and quick minded, hopefully we will see that Obama back in the next debate.

Gimme.cock.black cock.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings.
And why some poster on this thread's
Obsessed with stiff Black things.”

(OK, there was a little deviation from the original.)

Something was up with Obama, I think things will be different in the next debate. He is usually so up and quick minded, hopefully we will see that Obama back in the next debate.

I didn't watch the actual debate, but from what I saw later I agree that something was amiss. It might have been a matter of overconfidence. I have seen football teams succumb to the same illusion with the same results. If overconfidence was an issue in the first debate, it certainly won't be in the second.

Most everyone, including me, was surprised by the debate and that by itself is significant. I think the next one will be different. In the first debate, Romney should have had an advantage because his background is in business whereas Obama's background is in law. However, Obama should have a distinct advantage when it comes to foreign affairs. The very act of being president and engaging in diplomatic relations would normally give an incumbent the edge.

No doubt, his performance in the international arena will be aggressively attacked by his opponent, and in my opinion, Obama has much to be concerned about. The burden for him is to articulate a believable defense against his opponents challenges. I fully expect Obama to attempt to mitigate a number of serious problems by claiming that the country has been safe from terrorist attacks during his term, i.e., the Bush defense. He will claim his administrations has been successful in preventing attacks and if he makes a convincing argument, he could win the debate.

In spite of everything I've said, I don't believe the debates will determine who wins the election. There is one thing I know about American voters: their memory is sort term. There is too much time remaining until the elections and anything can happen.

Q: If Romney lied during the debate, how come Obama didn't catch him?
A: Romney can run faster and jump higher???

:razz:

Well it would rather tacky if he pointed out every lie.
Maybe he just felt he wanted to let Romrom hang himself?

The Something that was up is his dismal Record which he can not bring up. He had nothing to retreat to, all he could do was repeat his attacks.

well lets see Obama didn't catch him because he had the flu, altitude sickness, doesn't know a thing about Government so he didn't know..

did I leave anything out?:lol:

Bullshit, he's used to being coddled and pandered to, while always filibustering his lies unchallenged. When slightly challenged, he just has the "I'm the president, so fuck you" air of arrogance. Too bad that doesn't work in the debates.....

A lot of people are asking that same question and don't have an answer. The President was given a lot of opportunities that he didn't take.

I would ask what purpose would it have served for the President to call him out for lying? If he had done like all the left wing talking heads had wanted, then THAT would have been the story and not the amount of times Willard lied.

Forum List

Back