If Romney get the gop nomination

I vote for the GOP no matter who gets the nomination, anyone is better than Obama.

Have another beer. Think about that a little more.

"Anyone is better than ...." is why each leader we elect is worse than the last.

I wonder what voter turn-out will be like for this one. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people find both candidates detestable and stay home.

It's a junk statistic, something like the phony assumptions inherent in global warming theory. You take a factoid and try to build a case around it. It only works with the ignorant or the radicals who want to believe it. Liberal democrat LBJ beat the crap out of conservative Goldwater.

That's the convention wisdom.
Conventional wisdom is almost always wrong.
Therefore, That's probably wrong.

Honestly, I dont think it matters much who the nominee is. Obama is going down in a landslide.

I vote for the GOP no matter who gets the nomination, anyone is better than Obama.

"Anyone is better than ...." is why each leader we elect is worse than the last.

Well, considering the choices, why would I want Obama back in? He is incompetent, and an embarrassment and works against the Constitution.

Well, considering the choices, why would I want Obama back in? He is incompetent, and an embarrassment and works against the Constitution.
Whereas Mitt Romney ...

Oh, wait ...

It depends on what "choices" you're considering. "Anybody but ..." is a dangerous proposition. Believe it or not, there are worse than Obama. And they'll happily step up to the plate if you invite them. Or even if you don't.

Before Reagan's election, the polls had Carter at 68% and Reagan at 31%. Democrats were wondering why Reagan didn't just concede and save the nation the expense of an election.

So far, the only people who say Romney can't get elected are democrats and Ron Paulbots.

That's interesting. Would you have a link for that?

My fading memory seems to be that Carters approval plummeted because of the Iran hostage crisis.

I posted it once before. You can find it.

You claim it, you post it

This is a worn out conservative talking point. That Republicans lose because they're not conservative enough.

Don't forget, they said McCain lost to Obama because he wasn't conservative enough. Funny thing about that one is, none of them can ever name a 'conservative' who could have done better than McCain...

McCain lost to Obama because we all had a Bush/neo-con hangover.

McCain lost to obama because obama is black and everyone wanted to be part of history and prove once and for all that America is not a racist country. Now that the cherry has been popped, we can be more serious.

And yet, Republican candidates lost in races for Governor, Congressman and Senator and almost none of the Democrats were black

In 2008 there was voter outrage at all Republicans. Hillary would have beaten McCain just as soundly

Whereas Mitt Romney ...

Oh, wait ...

Has not done anything to change the Constitution, Obamacare is an assault to the Constitution and our freedom.

It depends on what "choices" you're considering. "Anybody but ..." is a dangerous proposition. Believe it or not, there are worse than Obama. And they'll happily step up to the plate if you invite them. Or even if you don't.

Point well taken, let's say given the current choices in the GOP and the Democrats, I'll take any of the top four Republicans.

obama wins.

No sitting dem has been beaten by a gop moderate, and mitt is as moderate as milk toast.

Only man to ever beat a sitting dem?

Reagan.

An 80's conservative.

So all you people out there telling us we need to back mitt so we can unite under his waffle.

Grats, you are guaranteeing that obama wins.

if?

Hahahahahahahahah

obama wins.

No sitting dem has been beaten by a gop moderate, and mitt is as moderate as milk toast.

Only man to ever beat a sitting dem?

Reagan.

An 80's conservative.

So all you people out there telling us we need to back mitt so we can unite under his waffle.

Grats, you are guaranteeing that obama wins.

if?

Hahahahahahahahah

Bigger Font, from a bigger dope.

It's a junk statistic, something like the phony assumptions inherent in global warming theory. You take a factoid and try to build a case around it. It only works with the ignorant or the radicals who want to believe it. Liberal democrat LBJ beat the crap out of conservative Goldwater.

Would that have happened if JFK hadn't been murdered?

Point well taken, let's say given the current choices in the GOP and the Democrats, I'll take any of the top four Republicans.

In my view, only one would we be better. One would be worse. The other two, no different.

Whereas Mitt Romney ...

Oh, wait ...

Mitt Romney has none of those problems. Unless your aware of something the general population isn't. Other than Ron Paul, he is the only one actually talking about cutting spending and returning power to the States.

You will get romeny wether you like it or not.

The republican power brokers spoke last year and its all just theater now.

In my view, only one would we be better. One would be worse. The other two, no different.

In fact, I gotta change that. I think Romney would be worse, and here's why: Obama's corporatist instincts would meet Republican opposition. Romney's wouldn't.

You will get romeny wether you like it or not.

The republican power brokers spoke last year and its all just theater now.

Actually, It's the Democrats who will have Obama whether they want to or not.

Republicans actually have choices between several candidates. As of right now, they are choosing Mitt Romney as the nominee. Things can change. I dont think they will, but they can.

I know you seem to think it's wrong to let people in the party have a say in the matter, but we aren't afraid of elections.

In fact, I gotta change that. I think Romney would be worse, and here's why: Obama's corporatist instincts would meet Republican opposition. Romney's wouldn't.

I'm going to guess that you'd find Paul better, Santorum worse, Romney worse on reconsideration, and Gingrich a wash. Am I right?

You should bear in mind that this follows from your own libertarian perspective. A hard-core religious right type might find Santorum an improvement. Those who believe in corporate domination would likely prefer Romney for the same reason that you don't.

Forum List

Back