If Romney get the gop nomination

And yet the Romneybot is the only one that comes anywhere close to beating President Obama according to polling. What does that tell you?

People really hate Obama.

and People deeply despised Carter.

BUT

There was a vast difference between Reagan and Carter. There is not much between Mitt )his record, not words) and Obama.

except rhetoric.

No people don't "really hate Obama". Some people do...mostly the far right wacks like the ones that post here, but you can't look at the Obama Derangement Syndrome of the posters here as representative of the country.

His "likability" ratings are off the chart, especially when you compare him to Reversible Mittens likability.

The economy is shit
UE is shit
Debt is shit hitting the fan
Gas is holy shit

If it wasn't for the media love affair, he'd be Carter 2, The Lamicy

Obama wins.

No sitting dem has been beaten by a gop moderate, and Mitt is as moderate as milk toast.

Only man to ever beat a sitting dem?

Reagan.

An 80's conservative.

So all you people out there telling us we need to back Mitt so we can unite under his waffle.

Grats, you are guaranteeing that Obama wins.

Lets not forget by Nov 2012 people may be sick and tired of Barry and the Dems.

Rather like they were sick and tired of Bush and the Reps in 2008 which is the reason Barry's Hope and Changs BS sucked in loads of folks.

Here's the deal.

Mitt isn't different enough for people, enough people to vote for the devil they don't know.

Before Reagan's election, the polls had Carter at 68% and Reagan at 31%. Democrats were wondering why Reagan didn't just concede and save the nation the expense of an election.

So far, the only people who say Romney can't get elected are democrats and Ron Paulbots.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
How exactly did Reagan Govern Conservatively, or not "Moderate?"

Lemme know.

You neglected to point out that the worst loss to a sitting Democrat was Goldwater's loss in 1964.

Goldwater, the Conservative icon. Goldwater, for all practical purposes, the father of the Reagan conservative generation.

ZOMFG!

A "you forgot to mention" post.

Well you forgot to mention that Reagan crushed Crater and put such a beat down in his re-election that history has scrubbed those names from history.

They are only listed as; Some old white dude and a chick, I think.

So your dumbass theory is based on 2 examples, one of which supports it and one of which totally destroys it.

That's like claiming that a coin is more likely to come up heads than tails,

and your proof is...

You neglected to point out that the worst loss to a sitting Democrat was Goldwater's loss in 1964.

Goldwater, the Conservative icon. Goldwater, for all practical purposes, the father of the Reagan conservative generation.

ZOMFG!

Well you forgot to mention that Reagan crushed Crater and put such a beat down in his re-election that history has scrubbed those names from history.

So your dumbass theory is based on 2 examples, one of which supports it and one of which totally destroys it.

and your proof is...

:lol:

good lord

Are you really this dense or are you just having me on.

You found one I missed. Grats on splitting that hare.

ZOMFG!

Reagan is dead. Santorum is no Reagan
That leaves you with Romney

Bottom line is the credible Republicans sat this election out because they knew they couldn't beat Obama

Before Reagan's election, the polls had Carter at 68% and Reagan at 31%. Democrats were wondering why Reagan didn't just concede and save the nation the expense of an election.

So far, the only people who say Romney can't get elected are democrats and Ron Paulbots.

That's interesting. Would you have a link for that?

My fading memory seems to be that Carters approval plummeted because of the Iran hostage crisis.

ZOMFG!

and your proof is...

:lol:

good lord

Are you really this dense or are you just having me on.

You found one I missed. Grats on splitting that hare.

I proved that your theory is daft and I"M the dense one?

Would you like to go back and find us the 'conservative' who could have beaten Clinton in 96?

That might help you. lol

obama is on the downside. There is no way to get around it. His policies are failing. Even the EPA got a beatdown in court. This black president with his black attorney general could not convict a white supremacist group.

Some of his policies I wish would have passed. He had to backtrack on closing all the public pools this summer. He could already smell the simmer so he stopped that one.

That's interesting. Would you have a link for that?

My fading memory seems to be that Carters approval plummeted because of the Iran hostage crisis.

I posted it once before. You can find it.

This is a worn out conservative talking point. That Republicans lose because they're not conservative enough.

Don't forget, they said McCain lost to Obama because he wasn't conservative enough. Funny thing about that one is, none of them can ever name a 'conservative' who could have done better than McCain...

This is a worn out conservative talking point. That Republicans lose because they're not conservative enough.

Don't forget, they said McCain lost to Obama because he wasn't conservative enough. Funny thing about that one is, none of them can ever name a 'conservative' who could have done better than McCain...

McCain lost to Obama because we all had a Bush/neo-con hangover.

By the time this election comes around very few people are going to make the decision based on who is conservative and who is liberal. Their decision will be based on how much pain they are in.

It is a daft theory, tbh. Carbs is right.

Reagan was a Moderate and Goldwater lost. Where's an example of the theory in action?

McCain lost to Obama because we all had a Bush/neo-con hangover.

McCain lost to obama because obama is black and everyone wanted to be part of history and prove once and for all that America is not a racist country. Now that the cherry has been popped, we can be more serious.

phred thompson.

:D

I vote for the GOP no matter who gets the nomination, anyone is better than Obama.

McCain lost to obama because obama is black and everyone wanted to be part of history and prove once and for all that America is not a racist country. Now that the cherry has been popped, we can be more serious.

There's some truth to that. But if McCain had been a real contrast to Bush - instead of just more of the same, the Republican's might have overcome that. Despite the proclamations of the press - I don't think Obama's victory was a mandate for old-school liberalism. It was a rejection of neo-con liberalism.

Forum List

Back