If Romney doesn't win, what's next for the GOP?

If Romney doesn't win they'll do the same thing they did when McCain lost. Bitch and moan for 4 years then nominate another weak liberal.

Wonder if Reid would orchestrate 247 fillabuters - would that be "obstructionism"?

BTW - even if I disagree with your answer - I respect those who actually responded to the question. I admire people who can do that and have little regard for those who would rather twist the conversation into something more comfortable rather than face truths or answer tough questions. :up:

Last edited:
Wonder if Reid would orchestrate 247 fillabuters - would that be "obstructionism"?

BTW - even if I disagree with your answer - I respect those who actually responded to the question. I admire people who can do that and have little regard for those who would rather twist the conversation into something more comfortable rather than face truths or answer tough questions. :up:

A budget resolution requires a simple majority of 51 votes, Leftist hack.

Reid has simply destroyed the process we have used for over 230 years.

Stopping a fillabuster ( all 247 of them) takes 60.
Didn't you ever take civics?

Last edited:
If Romney doesn't win they'll do the same thing they did when McCain lost. Bitch and moan for 4 years then nominate another weak liberal.

I'd settle for a weak liberal. I'd settle for a weak conservastive.
I'd settle for anyone who is reasonably moderate that they don't force into a make-over.

Last edited:

Stopping a fillabuster ( all 247 of them) takes 60.
Didn't you ever take civics?

Are you saying this budget resolution vote would be something that would be subject to filibuster?

Please answer and show us again what an ignorant asshole you are!

ROTFL

If Romney doesn't win.. Hmmm. I've always told my GOP buds they should lay down, use the force of the opponent to their advantage and let the Class Warfare/Redistributionist Revolution roll..

Four more years of UNimpeded Progressive Revolution would KILL the Dem party deader than Osama.

Give 'em EVERYTHING they want. That's how you obliterate the opposition...

Problem is --- the Rep party is too stupid to do anything that strategically brilliant..

MORE stimulus -- MORE windmills --- MORE taxes in a stagnant economy. MORE -- fake job fixes. MORE -- stealing from Soc Sec.
Wouldn't even need to raise funds for 2014 or 2016.. The white flag would be out. You just go out and take prisoners.

Last edited:
Food for thought:

"To confess you were wrong yesterday, is only to acknowledge that you are a little wiser today; and instead of being a reflection on yourself, it is an honor to your judgment, and shows that you are improving in the knowledge of the truth." Charles H. Spurgeon

I can tell you one thing for sure if Obama wins.

All the Romney piss drinkers we have seen over the past few months will be, "It wasn't me! I hated Romney! Wasn't me!" There will be a stampede for the exits from the Romney tent.

They voted against Romney (in the primaries), before they voted for him (in the general election).

Apparently enough of them voted for him in the primaries to get him the nomination.
And why did they vote for someone they don't like? Because they thought he was the one with the best chance to beat Obama. They obviously don't give a flip about Romney - they just hate Obama more.

For four years they've spewed that hate. And if that fails them?????

Food for thought:

"To confess you were wrong yesterday, is only to acknowledge that you are a little wiser today; and instead of being a reflection on yourself, it is an honor to your judgment, and shows that you are improving in the knowledge of the truth." Charles H. Spurgeon

Can a Senate budget resolution be filibustered or not, cockbreath?

I can tell you one thing for sure if Obama wins.

All the Romney piss drinkers we have seen over the past few months will be, "It wasn't me! I hated Romney! Wasn't me!" There will be a stampede for the exits from the Romney tent.

They voted against Romney (in the primaries), before they voted for him (in the general election).

Apparently enough of them voted for him in the primaries to get him the nomination.
And why did they vote for someone they don't like? Because they thought he was the one with the best chance to beat Obama. They obviously don't give a flip about Romney - they just hate Obama more.

I voted for Romney because he is white.

I voted for Romney because he is white.

If he'd just go ahead and release those DNA tests everyone has been demanding to confirm that ...

A collective tantrum is a pretty good guess.

Another good guess is that the so-called proponents of personal responsibility will blame anyone and everyone else but themselves. Of course, they'll blame Romney and his team. They'll also say that the reason that he lost was because he wasn't conservative enough (which is what they said after McCain lost).

And then the party will likely lurch even FURTHER to the right as Rick Santorum comes forward to lay claim to the mantel as the presumptive frontrunner for 2016.

For a solid four years, the GOP hasn't been pro anything, they've just been anti-Obama
They even nominated a candidate they don't really like just because they thought he'd have the best chance to beat Obama.
That's the definition of a negative campaign

For four years, they've put governing aside in order to defeat Obama.

What they will do if that proves unsucessful is a legitimate question.

What happens to America if those tactics succeed is the scary question.

The Dems will pick up seats in House and possible Senate.

Who the president will be is anybody's guess at this point.

I think the OP is forgetting that even if Romney loses it is looking pretty likely the GOP will gain seats in Both Houses of Congress. That is hardly a Repudiation of them Blocking Obama in the Congress, It's a vote for them to continue.

If Obama wins and the GOP gains seats in Both Houses of Congress it will be a clear Vote by the American People for Divided Government. The Message to Obama will be clear, You get your 4 more years, but you better be willing to REALLY compromise this time and move you ass back to the Center, Unless you want to be a lame duck President for at least 2 years.

Another good guess is that the so-called proponents of personal responsibility will blame anyone and everyone else but themselves. Of course, they'll blame Romney and his team. They'll also say that the reason that he lost was because he wasn't conservative enough (which is what they said after McCain lost).

And then the party will likely lurch even FURTHER to the right as Rick Santorum comes forward to lay claim to the mantel as the presumptive frontrunner for 2016.

At least he is what he is... for now.
Will he have to do the GOP makeover like McCain (moderate maverick to party-line butt kisser) or Romney (I'll say whatever you want to hear)?

For right now, I'd consider it a marked improvement if they just nominate someone on merit and leave them alone and let them be themself.

The power rests in the hands of congress, if the GOP takes control of the Senate and holds the House then we have a future, otherwise, we march off the fiscal cliff.

I think Paul Ryan will be the frontrunner for 2016.

Sarah Palin will end up on Alaska cable access.

Mike Huckabee will release a Christmas album.

Ann Coulter will finally have that sex change operation.

Rush will come out of the closet.

Hannity will have a stroke.

Ahmadinejad will make a Pizza Hut commercial and have two million Twitter followers.

Castro will live to be five fucking hundred years old.

Last edited:
The Dems will pick up seats in House and possible Senate.

Who the president will be is anybody's guess at this point.

I think the OP is forgetting that even if Romney loses it is looking pretty likely the GOP will gain seats in Both Houses of Congress. That is hardly a Repudiation of them Blocking Obama in the Congress, It's a vote for them to continue.

If Obama wins and the GOP gains seats in Both Houses of Congress it will be a clear Vote by the American People for Divided Government. The Message to Obama will be clear, You get your 4 more years, but you better be willing to REALLY compromise this time and move you ass back to the Center, Unless you want to be a lame duck President for at least 2 years.

I can see four five seat pick up for the Dems in the House, but adding beyond 53 in the Senate doesn't look likely to me.

We'll see - and I'll interpret Charles_Main as saying without some GOP gains in Congress - the double-down strategy has no justification.

Forum List

Back