If Romney doesnt soundly defeat Obama in the debates...

JFK would be to the right of our two liberal parties today, Republicans and Democrats...
Is it?? Ask not what your country can do for you,but what you can do for your country,kinda at odds with,I won't have to worry about my car or house payment it Obamma is elected.

Conservatives even botch JFKs most famous quote. It was a call to public service not a condemnation of welfare

yep.. and ... ...

John Fitzgerald Kennedy believed in the redistribution of wealth!

No, he didn't. If your comments are in red, it's hard to maneuver through the posts, when you edit other's posts like that.

Next to Romney, JFK was probably our wealthiest candidate for President. Both were from Massachusetts. JFK was able to convince the public that he was an advocate for the poor and working class

Romney writes them off as part of the 47% that won't vote for him anyway

Both false and beside the point. Congratulations on the double.

How did the aristocratic Kennedy manage to convince the public that he was an advocate for the downtrodden while Romney can't shake the image that he is in bed with the wealthy?

Poor Liability the Limited Literalist of USMB.

He'd have issues (if given the chance by reasonable and rational people) with Philadelphia claiming Ben Franklin, New York claiming Hamilton, California claiming Ronald Reagan...

Who gets to claim Ted Kennedy Bronxville NY, Florida, Mass.?

it will not be a game changer....the majority of americans have made up their minds...the debates are for the what...10% of undecided?

i dont think the debates will make much differences....

JFK would be to the right of our two liberal parties today, Republicans and Democrats...
Is it?? Ask not what your country can do for you,but what you can do for your country,kinda at odds with,I won't have to worry about my car or house payment it Obamma is elected.

Conservatives even botch JFKs most famous quote. It was a call to public service not a condemnation of welfare

yep.. and ... ...

What citation can Dainty provide for the claim that JFK -- who denied that he was a liberal aligned with the likes of SDS -- was pro-"redistribution of wealth?"

yep.. and ... ...

No, he didn't. If your comments are in red, it's hard to maneuver through the posts, when you edit other's posts like that.

JFK believed in the redistribution of wealth

yep.. and ... ...

What citation can Dainty provide for the claim that JFK -- who denied that he was a liberal aligned with the likes of SDS -- was pro-"redistribution of wealth?"

there you go again. SDS was radical leftist, not liberal. JFK was for a progressive income tax.

Tax policy and economic inequality in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "The Revenue Act of 1964 was the first bill of the Post-World War II era to reduce marginal income tax rates. This reform, which was proposed under John F. Kennedy but passed under Lyndon Johnson,..."

LBJ and JFK, progressive tax liberals

Last edited:
So Romney will tell the American People his record.

Received 1.3 billion from the GOP Senate to "save" the Olympics.

Says he will be president for half of America.

Like to fire people.

Paid almost nothing for housekeepers for all his enormous mansions.

Was a lousy governor.

Was an outsourcing pioneer when he was at Bain.

Finally tell us the truth about when he was actually working at Bain?

He will talk about all his tax schemes?

Will talk about his plan to bring immigrants here with degrees to start businesses but will invest nothing to help his base who Santorum refers to as "not smart".

Seriously, what is Romney going to talk about.

For Republicans, "hate Obama" is enough, but not for the rest of America.

I guess you really don't give a shit about what actually is important.

Romney doesn't give a shit about what's really important, and that's why he's failed to gain any meaningful momentum. Romney's entire platform has been "anyone but Obama" and that's why he's going to lose.

Last edited:

No he wouldn't.

And nobody has been further conservative than present day Republicans

Honestly, I don't think these guys are conservative. When did, uh, how did the Deputy PM of Australia describe the GOP? Cranks and crazies? Yea, when did conservatism become "cranks and crazies"?

Good question. My first thought was when McCain picked Sarah Palin, of course the lunatic fringe has been a force within the GOP for decades. Thinking back, I suppose it was when when Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell were adopted by the Republican Party.

Here they are demonstrating 'the crazy':

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

His only chance to defeat him in the election will be lost. I submitted to you all that I had doubts that Romney could run a successfull campaign against Obama.
I will not make excuses for a Romney loss but in my opinion he has run a terrible campaign. Without a sound victory in the debate he WILL lose the election.

If the debates were held today, the topics would include:

• [*] The scarcity of defenses of embassies leading up to 9/11 anniversary

Other countries don't allow a huge military at foreign embassy's. We don't here.

[*] Ignorance or not doing anything about the warnings leading up to the Benghazi attacks

Please. What info?

[*] Why so many in the DoJ were found responsibile for Fast and Furious negligence and not Holder

Because it was started under Bush and those rednecks hate passing on anything to that first black Attorney General.

[*] Why, now, when the economy and the deficit has not recovered or been lowered, Obama thinks he is owed a second term although earlier he said he would be a "one term president..."

And yet, he was able to accomplish so much with a Republican Party that actually threatened to cut unemployment for millions of Americans unless the Bush tax cuts were extended. Even the Right Wing Christian Science Monitor said that was wrong. But Republicans don't care about people who have lost their jobs. They are merely something squishy to "step on".

[*] Why he was absent from the job when so many attacks were going on at our embassies overseas...

He was never "absent". A lie created by desperate right wing morons.

[*] Why he deserves a second term when we experienced THREE credit downgrades during his term.

Yea, but Republicans got 98% of EVERYTHING they wanted. How is that explained "in context"?

[*] Why he deserves a second term when the Unemplyment Rate still is above 8 percent for the general population, even higher for minorities

Because at the end of Bush's last budget, unemployment was 10.5% and the DOW was at 6,000.

Yes, I think the upcoming debates may be the game changer.

I love setting right wingers straight. They are so appreciative.

I see what Obama has done. And it's been "good". Now, about Romney......

Last edited by a moderator:

yep.. and ... ...

again...

there you go again. SDS was radical leftist, not liberal. JFK was for a progressive income tax.

Tax policy and economic inequality in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "The Revenue Act of 1964 was the first bill of the Post-World War II era to reduce marginal income tax rates. This reform, which was proposed under John F. Kennedy but passed under Lyndon Johnson,..."

LBJ and JFK, progressive tax liberals

Neo-Keynesian or Keynesian.

Kennedy was a Keynesian or how some people like to differentiate, a Neo-Keynesian

either way, it is an economic philosophy that demands a redistribution of wealth

next

Last edited:
His only chance to defeat him in the election will be lost. I submitted to you all that I had doubts that Romney could run a successfull campaign against Obama.
I will not make excuses for a Romney loss but in my opinion he has run a terrible campaign. Without a sound victory in the debate he WILL lose the election.

[*] Ignorance or not doing anything about the warnings leading up to the Benghazi attacks

[*] Why so many in the DoJ were found responsibile for Fast and Furious negligence and not Holder

[*] Why, now, when the economy and the deficit has not recovered or been lowered, Obama thinks he is owed a second term although earlier he said he would be a "one term president..."

[*] Why he was absent from the job when so many attacks were going on at our embassies overseas...

[*] Why he deserves a second term when we experienced THREE credit downgrades during his term.

[*] Why he deserves a second term when the Unemplyment Rate still is above 8 percent for the general population, even higher for minorities

I hope Mitt brings all of that up......he will look like an idiot

yep.. and ... ...

Then lets go back to the level of welfare spending under JFK, deal?

In all fairness they will both look like idiots, running for their records as each other calls them out on it. Both will also run as fiscal conservatives because that is what Americans want, of course neither of them are.

There is a reason it's a tight race, it's because very few people give a shit to vote for either of them.

The problem for the right wing is there are two Obama's and two Romney's.

There is the completely fictional Obama that right wingers have simply "made up" and the "real" Obama that has been a good president in spite of having to fight a Republican Party that hates him more than they love America.

Then there are the two "Romney's". The guy everyone agrees with exactly half the time. The guy who will only represent half the country "in private". The guy who said he was working at Bain when he said he wasn't working at Bain. The guy who wants to bring immigrants with degrees here but do nothing to invest in a Republican base Rick Santorum says isn't smart. The guy who said if he paid more in taxes than required, he would be unqualified to be president. The guy who said he never paid less than 13% in taxes.

He's run a terrible campaign. He should be running away with this right now, and instead Romney is STILL FUNDRAISING instead of campaigning, meaning he's not confident he has enough money to actually win this thing at this point.

Romney needs to clearly WIN in the debates, or he should just go home and spend time with his family. Drawing in the debates won't be good enough.

Kennedy was like Clinton, a pragmatists. Conservatives and Progressives both went against Kennedy and Clinton.

In the area of fiscal policy, Kennedy presided over a significant change. At the start of his administration, there was an internal dispute over the budget. Treasury Secretary Dillon and certain other advisers resisted deficits because they were worried about inflation and the weakness of the dollar. On the other side were leading academic economists, such as Paul Samuelson of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the Council of Economic Advisers, chaired by Walter Heller, all of whom had been influenced by John Maynard Keynes, the great English economist. They focused on achieving economic growth through the use of fiscal stimulants and were unafraid of deficits. In 1961, Kennedy came down on the side of the budget balancers, for he accepted conventional thinking, recognized the power of fiscal conservatives in Congress, and could not reconcile tax cuts, proposed by the economists, with his public theme of sacrifice.

Read more: Other domestic policies - John F. Kennedy - policy, election Other domestic policies - John F. Kennedy - policy, election

Accepting the NY Liberal Party Nomination, 1960 . Kennedy . WGBH American Experience | PBS

Primary Resources: Accepting the NY Liberal Party Nomination, 1960
Other Primary Resources

JFK explains what kind of liberal he is, and presents his vision as a candidate.

Acceptance of the New York Liberal Party Nomination
September 14, 1960

Tonight we salute George Meany as a symbol of that struggle and as a reminder that the fight to eliminate poverty and human exploitation is a fight that goes on in our day. But in 1960 the cause of liberalism cannot content itself with carrying on the fight for human justice and economic liberalism here at home. For here and around the world the fear of war hangs over us every morning and every night. It lies, expressed or silent, in the minds of every American. We cannot banish it by repeating that we are economically first or that we are militarily first, for saying so doesn't make it so. More will be needed than goodwill missions or talking back to Soviet politicians or increasing the tempo of the arms race. More will be needed than good intentions, for we know where that paving leads.

Forum List

Back