If Repubs in congress are so concerned about government spending, why the hell...

Because tax cuts have no effect on spending.

Only spending has effects on spending. Seems kind of obvious

It may not be spending, but it has the same effect as spending.

No. It doesn't.

If your boss cuts your salary, has he spent any of your money?

Nope.

If you think that the Bush tax cuts haven't been a huge contributor to the debt crisis, then you are terribly misinformed.

Or I simply understand that our problem is spending and not revenue.

We brought it $2.15 Trillion dollars last year. Are you honestly suggesting we can't balance the budget and pay down the debt with that much revenue? We can't run the government at the same cost as we did just a few years ago?

I was under the impression that "Tax cuts" and " Gov't Spending" were two different issues entirely. :confused:

... are they still supporing the Bush tax cuts?

WHY?????

Tax cuts aren't spending, doofus. I'm in favor of keeping my money and government spending less of it. That means cutting taxes and cutting government spending. It means cutting the size of government until it's small enough to drown in the bathtub.

Because tax cuts have no effect on spending.

Only spending has effects on spending. Seems kind of obvious

To servile drones like Billy, tax cuts are a form of spending since he views your net income as a gift from the federal government

I was under the impression that "Tax cuts" and " Gov't Spending" were two different issues entirely. :confused:

No, no, no....that's only true if you look at taxes as "taking money from someone". When you look at them as "funds that are really the government's money and they are just allowing some people to hold onto it for them" then they are the same thing.

Still waiting on your response, Billy boy. I just want to make sure that we're discussing the same Bush tax cuts that you blame the Republicans for and 89.2% of Congressional Democrats voted in favor of extending. :eusa_whistle:

No. It doesn't.

If your boss cuts your salary, has he spent any of your money?

Nope.

If you think that the Bush tax cuts haven't been a huge contributor to the debt crisis, then you are terribly misinformed.

You were whining about government spending, not the deficit. Those are two separate things.

No, I was whining about the tax cuts clearly. The tax cuts have added trillions to the deficit.

Christ, you really aren't worth the effort.

Forum List

Back