If Republicans lose the 2012 Presidential election, which direction will the GOP go?

So what exactly do you have against the Constitution? And what's your alternative to providing liberty to the Republic?

Just because you use the word "Constitution" in your post doesn't make it profound.

In fact, as nondescript as it tends to be, you sound ridiculous.

But hey, "The T" thinks you're tops! Maybe you should vote for him!:lol:

I wasn't using it in my post to make the post profound. I was using it to ask you a question.

A question you didn't really bother to answer. But if you prefer mocking me, that's fine. I don't have a problem with it. Not really sure I see the value in it, but if it makes you happy I am at your disposal to mock all day long.

Just workin' with what you give me.

Just because you use the word "Constitution" in your post doesn't make it profound.

In fact, as nondescript as it tends to be, you sound ridiculous.

But hey, "The T" thinks you're tops! Maybe you should vote for him!:lol:

I wasn't using it in my post to make the post profound. I was using it to ask you a question.

A question you didn't really bother to answer. But if you prefer mocking me, that's fine. I don't have a problem with it. Not really sure I see the value in it, but if it makes you happy I am at your disposal to mock all day long.

Then Ill give you some more to work with:)

Then Ill give you some more to work with:)

Try to work the word "Tyranny" into your next post, and make sure you don't elaborate whatsoever. :D

The GOP hasn't moved to the right. Both presidents Bush were moderates. John McCain is a moderate. It only seems that way because the democrat party has moved so far left that it is off the charts. Who would have thought that a democrat president would have hired a communist former leader of an arson and looting rampage to any job? Who would have thought that someone who worked in a cabinet post would have told kids that her personal hero was Chairman Mao? Who would have thought that the president would have referred to the US Chamber of commerce as a sinister tool of the republican party or that he would praise the anti-capitalist OWS rabble? The only reason the Tea Party was formed was to push the republican party out of moderateville and that doesn't seem to be working all that well.

Keep thinking that way, oblivion is only a few years away.

No, Democrat oblivion is right around the corner.. driven by this obsession with gay Marriage, abortion, birth control, telling people what to feed their children, what to think, what to say, what to eat, $16,000,000,000,000 debt, massive deficits, worthless USD, 40,000,000+ unemployed, 1/6 of Americans on public assistance, crumbling middle east, inflation, $4+ gasoline, no energy policy, no drilling, no jobs, etc.

Yeah, run on that record bitch! :lol:

Gee....i to think you guys can't nominate anyone who is going to beat Obama. LOL. Too damn funny.

I swear, you people have the memory of fruit flies sometimes.

The GOP is going through a primary election where the messages are slated to GOP voters. The candidate rhetoric is meant to throw red meat to the base. Bush--supposedly a conservative--ran up massive debts by cutting taxes while fighting two wars. The GOP hasn't moved to the right; the candidates are moving that way because in this season, that is where the votes would be.

If anything, the Democratic party has moved more to the right (or center if you prefer) than the GOP has moved to the right.

I've got some news for you. The men who wrote the US Constitution and ratified it weren't the conservatives of their day.

Objecting to taxes, revolting against the government in armed conflict....I dunno, part of it sounds kinda conservative to me.

Nope. They weren't. But the conservatives of our day are the ones trying to protect the liberty they gave us./QUOTE]

Which is why we must work diligently to dictate to people what to do with their bodies, whom to love and marry, whether to have sex before marriage, and which religion's ideals they should live up to.

I've got some news for you. The men who wrote the US Constitution and ratified it weren't the conservatives of their day.

Objecting to taxes, revolting against the government in armed conflict....I dunno, part of it sounds kinda conservative to me.

It sounds pretty radical to me; it was "taxation with representation" to which they objected. Religious freedom was pretty liberal back in the day--hell look at the GOP candidates you have today still wanting a bible to be your Constitution. "His creator" was the operative word in the founding document; not Jesus.

I swear, you people have the memory of fruit flies sometimes.

The GOP is going through a primary election where the messages are slated to GOP voters. The candidate rhetoric is meant to throw red meat to the base. Bush--supposedly a conservative--ran up massive debts by cutting taxes while fighting two wars. The GOP hasn't moved to the right; the candidates are moving that way because in this season, that is where the votes would be.

If anything, the Democratic party has moved more to the right (or center if you prefer) than the GOP has moved to the right.

Debt isn't a right/left issue. Both are supposedly against it for the obvious reason. Both do it because running up debt is politically easier than raising taxes or cutting spending.

So squealing about how Bush wasn't a "conservative" because he ran up debts (although the debt he ran up in 8 years is smaller than the ones Obama ran up in three) is kind of silly.

Further to the Constitution because, of course, Obama will be taking us further from it.

:rolleyes:

You're such a tard. You guys really need some new material.

So what exactly do you have against the Constitution? And what's your alternative to providing liberty to the Republic?

Where do you get that they want to provide liberty to the Republic? All evidence proves otherwise.

Immie

If the Congress goes solidly republican, it won't matter who's in the white house. In truth, it might be better if the Big 0 is still there if the Reps control both houses.

Just like only Nixon could go to China, only a free spending liberal can cut the budget as Clinton did with the guidance of the Reps in the congress.

:lol:

Biggest myth ever.

Not only didn't they vote for Clinton's budget..they impeached him.

You guys really should read the Constitution.

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

As many people have noted, the GOP has been consistently moving further and further to the right over the last 30 years. The election of President Obama continued that trend as the 2010 midterms made clear.

During the current 2012 GOP primary season, candidates like Bachmann and Santorum routinely engaged in some pretty strident rhetoric while also bringing up the social issues continuously despite the fact that virtually everyone thought that economic issues would far and away be the focus of the election.

And finally, the primary has come down to Romney and changing conservative 'not Romney' candidates.

So, regardless of who ends up winning the GOP nomination, if the Republicans lose the general election to President Obama, which direction will the GOP ultimately go? Will they move closer to the center because they lost to President Obama? Or will they move further to the right?

If the GOP keeps moving right they may eventually become as conservative as the founding fathers. If the Democrats lose this election they'll crash and burn and take their media down with them. Eventually they will admit that everything we've been saying about them is right and they'll ask what are we gonna do about it. They'll tell us we can't do anything about it.

A party has run out of ideas when it's only hope is to convince the voters that at least they suck less than their opposition.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They will double down on the derp, of course, and look for any way possible to impeach.

As many people have noted, the GOP has been consistently moving further and further to the right over the last 30 years. The election of President Obama continued that trend as the 2010 midterms made clear.

During the current 2012 GOP primary season, candidates like Bachmann and Santorum routinely engaged in some pretty strident rhetoric while also bringing up the social issues continuously despite the fact that virtually everyone thought that economic issues would far and away be the focus of the election.

And finally, the primary has come down to Romney and changing conservative 'not Romney' candidates.

So, regardless of who ends up winning the GOP nomination, if the Republicans lose the general election to President Obama, which direction will the GOP ultimately go? Will they move closer to the center because they lost to President Obama? Or will they move further to the right?
If were an oddsmaker my betting line on an Obama win would be -110...Translated.....One would have to wager $110 to WIN $100.
The important race is obviously the White House. Second in line would be expanding the lead in the House and gaining the majority of the Senate.
If none of these things occur it is because the old line GOP establishment once again has run AWAY from it's conservative roots and went with this stupid "big tent" nonsense.
My thinking is if the latter occurs it is high time we got rid of the RINO's , the old line establishment. THEY are the problem.
In anything the GOP has shifted LEFT. Mainstream conservatives are moving away from social/religious conservatives and trying to establish a new base for the party. The leadership is taking the party too far left.
Politics as usual translates to entrenched incumbency.
People who think of voting are turned off by the usual mud slinging campaigns which stress personal attacks rather than the issues. Those voters become frustrated and stay home. Those left to vote are committed to the person already holding the office and we have career slugs in Washington who do nothing but lunch on OUR tax dollars.

Running to the right makes sense in solidly Red states. That is the GOP base. But trying to force a social conservative agenda in a swing state is driving away potential voters. Republicans still win seats in solidly Blue states but can't win with a Dixie Baptist agenda

The Party has to make room for Republicans whose views represent their constituents. If not, they will become an afterthought. Especially with changing demographics

If the Congress goes solidly republican, it won't matter who's in the white house. In truth, it might be better if the Big 0 is still there if the Reps control both houses.

Just like only Nixon could go to China, only a free spending liberal can cut the budget as Clinton did with the guidance of the Reps in the congress.

So what happened when Bush got into office? He had majorities in BOTH houses of congress for 6 years. How did the budget fare then?
What is MAGIC about having a dem president and a rethug congress? It doesn't make any sense, if CONZ are the only ones to do things right?

Geez...That's like congratulating yourself for donating $1 to the homeless, then kicking a couple into unconsciousness.

Last edited:
If we lose in 2012 I hope we learn our lesson after nominating 2 moderates and then losing.

I've said it all along we need new blood. Santorum has it right that we need to offer the opposite of Obama. He just really isn't that candidate unless your talking religion.

Forum List

Back