If "redskins" is offensive why not "white people" or " black people"?

[

There is no "TOPIC" here that even REMOTELY addresses common sense, Jr.
"Note" that.
The topic isn't "common sense".

Correct. With one caveat. A non Native American trying to define or justify what should be or not be offensive to Native Americans Is ignorant.

And to state that "they are given free booze and welfare by us whites" is downright stupid.

So you are right for once. Common sense was never present or even a factor in this thread.

Now what?

Are you a "native" american?
Have they chosen you as their spokesman?

[

"Note" that.

Correct. With one caveat. A non Native American trying to define or justify what should be or not be offensive to Native Americans Is ignorant.

And to state that "they are given free booze and welfare by us whites" is downright stupid.

So you are right for once. Common sense was never present or even a factor in this thread.

Now what?

Ask the OP the same question, then I might consider answering you.

Nahhh.I'm not running in circles for you....You gave me all I need...dodging the question IS an answer.

It's common in america to call groups of people by their (very approximate) skin color and nobody objects except the indians.!!
you said white PEOPLE and black PEOPLE,

why not whiteSKINS and BlackSKINS, if you really think they are the 'same thing' as white people and black people (and redskins)?

Anybody on here ever think of Redskin as anything other than a football team or potato? Not until somebody told me how I should think that it's a racist term did I even know it was. That can be done with any word. Was that term used historically? Couldn't have been or it would never have been used in the first place. This is a woe is me, pay attention to me move big time. It really takes away from real issues.

It's common in america to call groups of people by their (very approximate) skin color and nobody objects except the indians.!!

why not whiteSKINS and BlackSKINS, if you really think they are the 'same thing' as white people and black people (and redskins)?

So if they change the name to washington redskin people you will feel better?

why 'skin'? why not just red people, like white people, or black people? :D

Personally, I took the name Redskins, as a tough as balls name chosen for the team name, and not in any negative sense what so ever....

I truly could care less what the name of the team is....if the people the team is named after, are now upset with the name of the team, that's their issue, and they have the right to speak out against the name, if this is what they now wish....but by no means do I believe the team name was chosen in the negative sense of what redskin once meant.

Care

I truly could care less what the name of the team is....if the people the team is named after, are now upset with the name of the team, that's their issue, and they have the right to speak out against the name, if this is what they now wish....but by no means do I believe the team name was chosen in the negative sense of what redskin once meant.

Care

The Congressional Black Caucus offends me and I demand they change their name because it's racist and non inclusive.
Now what?

Personally, I took the name Redskins, as a tough as balls name chosen for the team name, and not in any negative sense what so ever....

Care
Red people is fine but then that means you are offended by the use of the word 'skin'. There is no difference between saying white skin people or white people. Both are referring to skin pigment. It's not meant as offensive. Its a category in which we use to group people. Like fat people or short people.

Care

The Congressional Black Caucus offends me and I demand they change their name because it's racist and non inclusive.
Now what?
are you black? If you are then maybe you would have the right to complain..... and what would be the complaint if you were black? It's not like the group's name is dehumanizing, like "The congressional Black SKIN Caucus" could be....perhaps?

why the word skin is offensive to some people verses noting them as PEOPLE, might be what needs to be discussed here...

Maybe the term "skin" reduces people, human beings, to just their superficial skin, perhaps it really is dehumanizing? I haven't truly thought about it in depth....

Care
Red people is fine but then that means you are offended by the use of the word 'skin'. There is no difference between saying white skin people or white people. Both are referring to skin pigment. It's not meant as offensive. Its a category in which we use to group people. Like fat people or short people.
maybe that's just it....they are never noted as Redskin PEOPLE....
They could be dehumanized by never calling them PEOPLE...they are just skins, like cow skins or goat skins....or calf skin, or snake skins....?

[

"Note" that.

Now what?

[

"Note" that.

Now what?

Ask the OP the same question, then I might consider answering you.

Nahhh.I'm not running in circles for you....

You already have, thats what's so funny.

are you black?
No.

If you are then maybe you would have the right to complain.
Why? Only negroes have the right to complain about racism?

and what would be the complaint if you were black?
No idea. This is your fantasy you're concocting. I'm just watching to see where you're trying to go with this. Carry on.:popcorn:

It's not like the group's name is dehumanizing, like "The congressional Black SKIN Caucus" could be....perhaps?
I wouldn't know. It's all hypothetical. Maybe.
Go on.

why the word skin is offensive to some people verses noting them as PEOPLE, might be what needs to be discussed here...
uhhh.ok..
The team name isn't the red people, though and you're trying to account for things that you invent. Whatever you say..I'm not objecting.

Maybe the term "skin" reduces people, human beings, to just their superficial skin, perhaps it really is dehumanizing? I haven't truly thought about it in depth....

Maybe. I think it's people being petty and trying to seize the "moral high ground" so they can pretend they're better than others and look down their noses at them.

Now..What I said was

I'm offended that a group in the federal gvt, people paid with tax money, can create a group that specifies their "race" in the name..a group that is segregated by their own rules, whites are forbidden membership...(who would want to, I don't know, but that's another subject and not the point)..
Now someone tell me that "race" doesn't exist. I dare you..hahahaha..go tell the CBC that race doesn't exist LMMFAO.....

Blacks complain about racism but use our tax dollars to fund an overtly racist, non "inclusive", non "diverse" exclusive black group in our own gvt.

That offends me.

Football team names? yeah..whatever...

Care
maybe that's just it....they are never noted as Redskin PEOPLE....
They could be dehumanized by never calling them PEOPLE...they are just skins, like cow skins or goat skins....or calf skin, or snake skins....?

Except no one calls them red skins either.

Care

Now what?

Care

Now what?

Here's what. You might be better off moving to another country, because there is also a Congressional Native American Caucus, a Congressional Hispanic Caucus, and a Congressional Pacific Asian Caucus.

Looks like you have a lot to be offended about.

Care

Now what?

Care

Now what?

Here's what. You might be better off moving to another country, because there is also a Congressional Native American Caucus, a Congressional Hispanic Caucus, and a Congressional Pacific Asian Caucus.

No.I'll be ok...corrections will be made. People are waking up.

Those are all obviously anti white "racist" organizations, otherwise why would they need to specify that they are non white?...but you like anti white racism, don't you? Makes you feel like you're getting over, doesn't it?

Enjoy it while you can.

Care

Now what?

Care

Now what?

No.I'll be ok...corrections will be made. People are waking up.

Those are all obviously anti white "racist" organizations, otherwise why would they need to specify that they are non white?...but you like anti white racism, don't you? Makes you feel like you're getting over, doesn't it?

Enjoy it while you can.

Frankly they do nothing for me that I have not already done or couldn have doen for myself. But is does give you something to whine about, as opposed to focusing on self improvement. Doesn't it?

Frankly they do nothing for me that I have not already done or couldn have doen for myself. But is does give you something to whine about, as opposed to focusing on self improvement. Doesn't it?

I see.."racism" is important to negroes when they can use it as a weapon.
LMAO..negroes have "whined" about racism for over a hundred years...made whites open up schools and country clubs..and neighborhoods under threat of law..forbidding white people the freedom to associate with who we prefer....but now a group of negro "legislators" have formed solely for the purpose of advancing black agendas (legislators paid by tax dollars seized from whites) an exclusive club excluding whites in gvt.

Your double standard is obvious to everyone reading this.
Whatever..people are waking up and some corrections will be made.

Enjoy it while you can. It won't last.

Forum List

Back