If prostitution is legal in Cartagena, why fire SS officers?

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Cartagena’s night life spelled trouble for Secret Service - The Washington Post

Prostitution in Colombia is legal and widely accepted, a slightly embarrassing but very real part of the booming tourist trade here, as the nation sheds its international reputation for hyper-violent cocaine cartels (Pablo Escobar, rest in peace), and the tourists return to appreciate the beautiful beaches, great rum and colonial architecture of cities such as Cartagena, a World Heritage site.

When the news broke that 11 Secret Service agents and officers were sent home for romping with hookers on the eve of President Obama’s trip to the Organization of American States summit, many Colombians were amused.

If they were on their own time, and didn't break any local laws, why fire them? Did they break agency policies or protocols?

Just curious.

Last edited:
If they were on their own time, and didn't break any local laws, why fire them? Did they break agency policies or protocols?

Just curious.

A good question I think. If they signed a contract that this episode violated, then sure, they can be fired. But if there was no violation of an agreement and they didn't break a law, I don't think they need be fired.

What I want to know is if there was any taxpayer money, even a single dime, spent to get these guys a blowjob. If there was, I wouldn't fire them, I'd prosecute them and fire their boss for misappropriation of our damn money.

I'm sure there was a "code of ethics" violation. These people that get hired at that level I'm sure have a ton of stuff that they must obey.
I knew a spook that used two prostitutes to get the info he needed in Thailand. He said the best agents he ever had were prostitutes.

Cartagena’s night life spelled trouble for Secret Service - The Washington Post

Prostitution in Colombia is legal and widely accepted, a slightly embarrassing but very real part of the booming tourist trade here, as the nation sheds its international reputation for hyper-violent cocaine cartels (Pablo Escobar, rest in peace), and the tourists return to appreciate the beautiful beaches, great rum and colonial architecture of cities such as Cartagena, a World Heritage site.

When the news broke that 11 Secret Service agents and officers were sent home for romping with hookers on the eve of President Obama’s trip to the Organization of American States summit, many Colombians were amused.

Just curious.

because something doesn't have to be illegal to be against one's employee rules.

and because they endangered the president. foreign countries have always used women to extract information.

womenspies_0264.png

Forum List

Back