If pot was legalilzed Employers would still be able to ...

Still be able to test for it and hire and fire based on the test results.

In my landscaping business I made prospective employees take a drug test and if they didn't test positive for MJ they didn't get the job!!

Some of the best workers I EVER hired, and great to have around at 4:20, too!!

And that is a good thing. As with alcohol. These two mind- altering substances, affect short term memory and the central nervous system and I don't want an impaired person working for me. Injuries and lawsuits...no thanks!

still be able to....sell it to our kids? You almost gotta laugh, the feds have shocking ads about cigarette smoking featuring amputees and people with fake voices and meanwhile the left wants to legalize marijuana.

Then by the same token, they should be able to do the same thing with folks who drink alcohol or use tobacco. In fact, I insist they do. After all, they are all mind altering substances. In fact, of the three mentioned, two are physically addictive...one isn't.

still be able to....sell it to our kids? You almost gotta laugh, the feds have shocking ads about cigarette smoking featuring amputees and people with fake voices and meanwhile the left wants to legalize marijuana.

I'd rather have legal outlets regulating the sale of MJ (like alcohol) and paying taxes on it than have the unregulated gangbangers pimping it out to children.

Since (Again, like alcohol) you're not going to get rid of it, what would YOU rather have?

Yes they should, if that's their choice. But then again I think a bar owner should be able to decide if his patrons can smoke or not.

The problem is the test will not tell you if a person is actually under the influence when they take the test. It can only tell if they have smoke some in around the last 30 days or so.

Then by the same token, they should be able to do the same thing with folks who drink alcohol or use tobacco. In fact, I insist they do. After all, they are all mind altering substances. In fact, of the three mentioned, two are physically addictive...one isn't.

Congrats, it's already happend. I tested positive for nicotine and got turned down. Even though I only smoke about 5 cigarettes a day and can go all day without. Their loss.

Forum List

Back