CDZ If our politicians and bureaucrats can't operate the VA...how can they handle 320 million patients?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,867

On Canada and it's healthcare system....government can't do anything well...

No end in sight to Ontario's health-care crisis

Wynne’s government says it wants doctors to become co-managers of the health-care system, which eats up 40% (and growing) of all government spending.

That really means it wants doctors to share the blame as it reduces the growth rate of provincial funding to health care.

Doctors want no part of this. They want more money.

They blame their own bargainers at the Ontario Medical Association for failing to deliver it and the government for incompetence in administering healthcare.

In response, the government accuses the doctors of greed, of eating up scarce resources through high salaries, money that should go to patient care.

The doctors are right that the Wynne government appears to have no plan for making health care efficient.

It’s not just them making the allegation.

The Ontario Health Coalition representing more than 400 unions, medical professionals, non-profits, student, ethnic, cultural, women’s, seniors’ and anti-poverty groups recently made the same charge at a meeting with the Sun editorial board.

OHC executive director Natalie Mehra accused the Wynne government of creating a permanent crisis in health-care funding, designed to keep healthcare providers in perpetual uncertainty, while the Liberals starve the system of cash.

2. eflatminor

eflatminor Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,192
    There's something else about the Canadian system and all so-called single payer systems that I will never support: theft.

Medical care is someone else's labor and capital. They have no moral right to demand healthcare from me (that's slavery or at least indentured servitude) nor to take from my wallet to pay for it, which is simple theft. I have no moral right to rob the grocery store because I am hungry.

I would humbly suggest that any idea that absolutely requires mandatory compliance, enforced by armed government agents is fundamentally immoral and anathema to the notion of freedom.

It must be resisted.

But to the left, violating another's rights in pursuing their own needs is acceptable. They are an immoral people. Further, their meddling creates over-demand and under-supply, further exacerbating the rationing required when free people making voluntary decisions are removed from the equation. This of course, produces exactly the opposite of the effect they’re trying to create. To the left, intentions outweigh results. They are also an irrational people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,757
    Obama care in California is robbing people. $900 a month for a single man without subsidies. That is three car payments. It's half a mortgage payment and some mother fer should go to jail for this. it's absolutely theft.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +573
    Who is charging $900 a month again?

5. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,757
    Blue shield and the only choice in Covered California's /Obama care for people with preexisting issues. Look it up and learn.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +573
    Blue shield is the ONLY insurance company in California?

Really?

I haven't been to California in several years. They might be. Death Valley is pretty neat btw.

I just don't believe Blue shield is the only insurance company, but maybe.

7. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,111
    Like I said, insurance companies have monopolies in most states, with no competition from outside the state in most cases. Obamacare didn't change that set up, state legs have to, and guess which industry is always a big contributor to political campaigns?

8. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,111
    If there is more than one, they collude to fix prices. There is no nationwide competition in the health insurance industry. Most of the plans are tied to HMO's, which rarely operate nationwide, either.